Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-22-2008   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default BSPN: Coin toss nets Falcons No. 3 pick; Raiders, Chiefs to follow

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=3258265

Quote:
The Atlanta Falcons, who won only four games last season, won a coin toss Friday morning that will allow them to select third in the 2008 draft.

Spots No. 3 through No.5 were uncertain until Friday morning because the Falcons, Oakland Raiders and Kansas City Chiefs each finished with 4-12 records and each played schedules with a cumulative .516 winning percentage in 2007. Draft positions are determined by team records and schedules, with the easier schedules getting the higher draft seeding. A coin toss is used to break ties.

After the Friday morning coin toss, the Falcons received the No. 3 pick, the Raiders No. 4 and the Chiefs No. 5.

The Falcons had the first call and won the toss. Under that scenario, the Falcons got the third pick and the Raiders the fourth pick. Had the Falcons lost the toss and the Raiders won, the Raiders would have drafted third, and then the Falcons would have flipped against the Chiefs for the No. 4 and No. 5 picks.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008   #2
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BSPN: Coin toss nets Falcons No. 3 pick; Raiders, Chiefs to follow

Why is it that people that are so discontent with ESPN still get their news from them?

This is the internet, there are a hundred other legitimate news sources out there. If you don't like ESPN, don't use ESPN.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Sitting at #5 after the coin flip, I wonder if the Chiefs really don't have the
best pick in the whole Draft ? I mean in terms of value, because they will certainly get an outstanding talent who will fill a big need and yet they won't have a cap-hit to the degree the top 2 or 3 picks will have.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Sitting at #5 after the coin flip, I wonder if the Chiefs really don't have the
best pick in the whole Draft ?
I agree. And if McFadden and/or Ryan make it to #5, they're in the catbird seat to make a deal.
Old 02-22-2008   #5
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I agree. And if McFadden and/or Ryan make it to #5, they're in the catbird seat to make a deal.
That is the thing, I think they are hoping McFadden is not there that way they do not have to upset their fan base by not drafting him.
Old 02-22-2008   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
That is the thing, I think they are hoping McFadden is not there that way they do not have to upset their fan base by not drafting him.
The Chiefs have some of the best fans in the league. They're knowledgeable enough to know they've got LJ tied up with a long term contract.
Old 02-22-2008   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Chiefs have some of the best fans in the league. They're knowledgeable enough to know they've got LJ tied up with a long term contract.
My point was that having certain players not there helps sometimes with drafting and not upsetting the fans. You would think Texans fans would be knowledgeable and look how well they reacted to the mario pick and now all those morons have egg on their face.
Sponsored links
Old 02-22-2008   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102657 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My point was that having certain players not there helps sometimes with drafting and not upsetting the fans. You would think Texans fans would be knowledgeable and look how well they reacted to the mario pick and now all those morons have egg on their face.
Well to be fair to our fan base, I'm pretty sure that they only showed those certain idiots at the draft party on purpose.

The media still sometimes brings up how the Texans fans were SO against the pick when it was really them who couldn't get over it.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008   #9
Lucky

Quote:
You would think Texans fans would be knowledgeable...
You would think. But in all fairness, not all of those fans were Texans fans. And being "on the clock" for 5 months creates a different level of pressure on a team from its fan base.
Old 02-22-2008   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
& they need to rebuild their offensive line. probably a little nervous right now about Jake Long still on the board @ #5. Clady would be the back-up plan.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can't just generalize our fan base as unique. Eagle fans are smart too....this is just how NFL fans are. Opinionated and enthusiastic even though we are wrong more often than the teams are. We just don't get fired for it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because I wanted a LT or even a RB instead of a DE I am a moron? I admit I was disgusted with the Williams pick. It is pretty easy to look back at a decision and say what a great or poor decision was made. I think there is even a name for it.
Old 02-22-2008   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Because I wanted a LT or even a RB instead of a DE I am a moron? I admit I was disgusted with the Williams pick. It is pretty easy to look back at a decision and say what a great or poor decision was made. I think there is even a name for it.
Just because you preferr one guy or another does not make you a moron and that is not what I ment at all. But saying the guy sucks and booing him before he even plays a down would make the person a moron, ala espin.

We all have favorites and players we want that is human nature and nothing wrong with that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read