Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 02-20-2008   #1
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Its the off-season for chron.com too.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/

Now I understand that its the off-season but c'mon. Put a little effort into your sports section will ya?

I am not one of those people who bash on every media out let and lash out screaming about no respect or they don't get this or that right. However, John McClain is talking about getting ready for the combine and next months draft(which I thought was in April) during Anna-Megan's (who I really like) video they show a shot of her reading the Texans combine book to make it look like she is doing research and she is reading it back wards, and the guy who does the fan blog stated that Kubiak was a defensive minded coach. Also he has player draft ranking with Felix Jones rated 23rd overall and Mendenhall 26th. And under the top 20 FA he has got Trufant ahead of Samuel and at number 20 Larry Allen, who, I am pretty sure retired.

And ya I guess player rankings is more of opinion than science.

C'mon Chron, get your stuff together. I didn't pay any hard earned money to read all that for free on line. I expect a little more.

I hate the Off-season, I have way to much time on my hands.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #2
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Re: Its the off-season for chron.com too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/

Now I understand that its the off-season but c'mon. Put a little effort into your sports section will ya?

I am not one of those people who bash on every media out let and lash out screaming about no respect or they don't get this or that right. However, John McClain is talking about getting ready for the combine and next months draft(which I thought was in April) during Anna-Megan's (who I really like) video they show a shot of her reading the Texans combine book to make it look like she is doing research and she is reading it back wards, and the guy who does the fan blog stated that Kubiak was a defensive minded coach. Also he has player draft ranking with Felix Jones rated 23rd overall and Mendenhall 26th. And under the top 20 FA he has got Trufant ahead of Samuel and at number 20 Larry Allen, who, I am pretty sure retired.

And ya I guess player rankings is more of opinion than science.

C'mon Chron, get your stuff together. I didn't pay any hard earned money to read all that for free on line. I expect a little more.

I hate the Off-season, I have way to much time on my hands.
I read that too, but I'll give TH the benefit of the doubt and say he probably meant defensive minded when it comes to the draft, meaning he likes to draft defensive players earlier than he would offensive.
Old 02-21-2008   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Its the off-season for chron.com too.

Quote:
during Anna-Megan's (who I really like)

Really?
Because of her journalism skills or

Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #4
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Really?

Those red shorts (or whatever they're called) aren't very flattering to her journalism skills... don't get me wrong, I think she has a nice skill-set, but the shorts just don't emphasize the skill-set that well...

Last edited by michaelm; 02-21-2008 at 09:59 AM.
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of any of her skill sets, I was just surprised someone was.... Especially if they meant journalism....
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 02-21-2008   #6
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of any of her skill sets, I was just surprised someone was.... Especially if they meant journalism....
How am I supposed to take her seriously after seeing pics like these, wtf is she doing?

I don like her much anyway....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With pics like these she reminds me of the girls I dated when I was 25 and I was a limo driver and spending a lot my time in strip joints. As long as she is in Houston she will never be taken seriously.
Sponsored links
Old 02-21-2008   #8
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
How am I supposed to take her seriously after seeing pics like these, wtf is she doing?

I don like her much anyway....
You must not know who she is. She tried out for Texans. After that she became a "610 Ball Girl." There are TONS of pictures of her like that. Shortly thereafter, she became John McClain's sidekick. Draw your own inferences...
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 02-21-2008   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

"Respect me for my mind and don't treat me like a sex object."

i.e. having her cake and eating it, too
Old 02-21-2008   #10
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Anna-Meagan. I really do. She has some journalistic skills.

I do think she is hampered by John McClain. Notice anytime that she is doing an interview with him she is jittery and and almost seems like she gets tongue tied.

Expect for reading the Texans combine book like it was from Japan, it was pretty good. Oh, and Gary, if your on camera, try not to look at her chest.

I don't think she will ever be successful as long as she is with McClain, he is over bearing in interviews and it turns her into a smiling chimp. It more looks like father take your daughter to work day than it does an interview team.

Besides, who would you rather get your sporting news from, McCain, or Anna? No one is going to agree with them anyway so it might as well be the pretty one.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really?

Does red make my butt look big?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008   #12
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Besides, who would you rather get your sporting news from, McCain, or Anna? No one is going to agree with them anyway so it might as well be the pretty one.
Neither?

My point is, and maybe I'm wrong, but I would think one doesn't have very much journalistic respect when you got your job by doing bikini and lingerie appearances in sports bars?
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 02-26-2008   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Besides, who would you rather get your sporting news from, McCain, or Anna?
Anna, i'd go to McCain if i wanted to hear about the state of the union. heh... srry.

Quote:
during Anna-Megan's (who I really like) video they show a shot of her reading the Texans combine book to make it look like she is doing research and she is reading it back wards,
they probably did that on purpose dude. she's trying to convey that she's got a sense of humor.

Last edited by powerfuldragon; 02-26-2008 at 06:08 PM.
powerfuldragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like Anna-Meagan. I really do. She has some journalistic skills.

I do think she is hampered by John McClain. Notice anytime that she is doing an interview with him she is jittery and and almost seems like she gets tongue tied.

Expect for reading the Texans combine book like it was from Japan, it was pretty good. Oh, and Gary, if your on camera, try not to look at her chest.

I don't think she will ever be successful as long as she is with McClain, he is over bearing in interviews and it turns her into a smiling chimp. It more looks like father take your daughter to work day than it does an interview team.

McCain is a pretty poor writer, so I'll go with the Bimbo.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #15
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Anna Megan and Chance McClain hung out at TexanMojo this past season...we had a great time with them.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #16
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Anna Megan and Chance McClain hung out at TexanMojo this past season...we had a great time with them.
Did you have a pole for her to dance with?
Old 02-27-2008   #17
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
McCain is a pretty poor writer, so I'll go with the Bimbo.
McCain or McClain?
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 02-27-2008   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really?

Nice boots.
Old 02-27-2008   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You must not know who she is. She tried out for Texans. After that she became a "610 Ball Girl." There are TONS of pictures of her like that. Shortly thereafter, she became John McClain's sidekick. Draw your own inferences...
A TON?I'm not sure if I can master google..lol..can you put them here so I know what you are talking about LMAO

Come on guys, I'm actually starting to see a debate regarding her journalism skills. She is a sidekick at this moment with potential..JMO.
Old 02-27-2008   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

We met her last season when hanging out with Texans Chick in the platinum lot. She's a really sweet kid, and I have no doubt that she is well intentioned.

BUT, having the desire to do something does not necessarily equate to actually being able to do it. I have no idea of her background or education, but there are many young people who dedicate their lives towards improving their journalistic skills. And these are the folks who need the breaks, because they are the ones with education and training on how to write articles with depth and knowledge. This is where Anna fails, because she just doesn't seem like she has the background to understand the nature of journalism. Maybe she does and relies on looks too much. But I can find bikini babes anytime. What I want is information and inside perspective that she has access to. I have yet to get it from her articles at this point.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read