Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: For Texans #1 pick which position are you most likely to purchase a jersey?
OT 2 9.52%
CB 2 9.52%
RB 17 80.95%
DE 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2008   #1
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2008 Rd 1 Draft Choice Jersey Purchase

How does position affect your likelihood to purchase a jersey of this year's round 1 draft pick?

I assume the Texans do not trade out of round 1.

Based upon the results of this poll, and as the combine approaches, I may add follow-up polls, putting names against position.

I don't know. I thought this would be interesting.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2008 Rd 1 Draft Choice Jersey Purchase

I'll play this game.

I'd be most likely to purchase a Rashard Mendenhall Jersey if we were to draft him (so I chose RB). However, with that said, it's unlikely I would purchase any of their jerseys so soon- I would buy A.Johnson or D.Ryans first.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #3
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Call me crazy, but if they draft an OT I'd buy the jersey. I'm a supporter of "the big uglies".
Old 02-19-2008   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr & Babin have taught me a lesson in regards to purchasing rookie jerseys. I'll wait until year 2, as I did with DeMeco.
Old 02-19-2008   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Stewart.
Old 02-19-2008   #6
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

Mendenhall - even if things don't pan out - it's a cool sounding name.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Carr & Babin have taught me a lesson in regards to purchasing rookie jerseys. I'll wait until year 2, as I did with DeMeco.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-19-2008   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Defense wins Championships, Offense sells tickets.

I would buy a RB jersey.
Old 02-19-2008   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
For me, it depends on the player. Whether I think that they are the deal, whether I'm optimistic about their play, whether they offer a semi-affordable one at Academy. (I cut up the jerseys my way, so it's not like I want to spend big money on an authentic). Doesn't have much to do with the position.

Though I don't regret the Carr jersey. It wasn't like there were many choices and it was a way to support the team. (I didn't get the Boselli jersey cuz I had concerns).

I got a Mario and AJ jersey. Would have got a DeMeco and Dunta jersey right away had I been able to find one for Academy kinda of money.

Babin, TJ, not so much.

Once in a while, I will see someone in a Phillip Buchanon Texans jersey. I saw those once at an Academy. I guess they want to get their money's worth.
Old 02-19-2008   #10
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for CB, but tops on my list right now is a DeMeco Ryans Pro Bowl jersey...of course he'll be there again next season, but the first one is the best IMO.

Last edited by Silver Oak; 02-20-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008   #11
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I'll play this game.

I'd be most likely to purchase a Rashard Mendenhall Jersey if we were to draft him (so I chose RB). However, with that said, it's unlikely I would purchase any of their jerseys so soon- I would buy A.Johnson or D.Ryans first.
How cool would Mendenhall look on a jersey?

I got the idea for this poll when I realized: though I am a fan of balancing BPA vs team need, I think an impact RB would spur my purchase.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008   #12
Studdard64
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Studdard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I voted for CB, but tops on my list right now is a DeMeco Ryans Pro Bolw jersey...of course he'll be there again next season, but the first one is the best IMO.
You and I think alike.

I was the 2nd CB vote and DeMeco's ProBowl jersey is my next purchase. I have the feeling he'll be going to several, but having the first one will be cool.

Old 02-20-2008   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a jersey buyer type person but if I did I would definitely want a RB.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read