Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Three Guys I Want

A

Ali4Real

According to Rivals.com, the Houston Texans three primary needs are at running back, cornerback, and defensive end. I may disagree with the latter, but I might be interested if Calais Campbell is available later on in the draft (Highly Unlikely IMO).

So, I decided to look at the top prospects that the Texans can get for each of the three positions:

Running Back:

Chris Johnson (East Carolina)

5’11”

195-Lbs.

Lacks the bulk and only rushed for 1,000+ yards during his senior year but had tremendous speed and ran a 4.30 40-yrad dash. (Also we might want to look at Mike Hart from Michigan, lacks bulk but is a proven back who carried his team on his back, only had 3 fumbles in his entire career.)

Cornerback:

Mike Jenkins (South Florida)

6’0”

200-Lbs.

Character issues and is not a great run support but has good size and has experience at safety and corner.

Like I said above, I don’t agree with the DE. I think we need an offensive tackle and here is the guy I want.

Offensive Tackle:

Gosder Cherilus (Boston College)

6’7”

320-Lbs.

Hails from a program known for producing good NFL linemen. Might not be able to play left tackle but that’s for Alex Gibbs to decide. A smart linemen with great balance and huge frame and size.

410w.jpg

Not a bad list at all and any one of those guys would be a tremendous help. Gosdner Cherilus has all the measurments you look for in a LT, but he struggled at times last season. But it wouldn't hurt to get a guy with his experience and ability. Great wish list!

According to Rivals.com, the Houston Texans three primary needs are at running back, cornerback, and defensive end. I may disagree with the latter, but I might be interested if Calais Campbell is available later on in the draft (Highly Unlikely IMO).

So, I decided to look at the top prospects that the Texans can get for each of the three positions:

Running Back:

Chris Johnson (East Carolina)

5’11”

195-Lbs.

Lacks the bulk and only rushed for 1,000+ yards during his senior year but had tremendous speed and ran a 4.30 40-yrad dash. (Also we might want to look at Mike Hart from Michigan, lacks bulk but is a proven back who carried his team on his back, only had 3 fumbles in his entire career.)

Cornerback:

Mike Jenkins (South Florida)

6’0”

200-Lbs.

Character issues and is not a great run support but has good size and has experience at safety and corner.

Like I said above, I don’t agree with the DE. I think we need an offensive tackle and here is the guy I want.

Offensive Tackle:

Gosder Cherilus (Boston College)

6’7”

320-Lbs.

Hails from a program known for producing good NFL linemen. Might not be able to play left tackle but that’s for Alex Gibbs to decide. A smart linemen with great balance and huge frame and size.

410w.jpg
Mike Jenkins is evaluated by many as best CB & should be gone way before #18 even with issues. Chris Johnson whom I like is behind both Stewart and Charles with both a good chance at being there @ 18. Gosder Cherilus is pretty heavy for LT in Zone Blocking Scheme. He allowed 5 QB sacks and four pressures. Penalized seven times.Does have a good time of 5.14.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=9100If you are talking about him for #18 in first, I think several LT that are better suited could be had in lower rounds. My 2 cents

I spoke to a former college coach of Ray Rice and he had nothing but good things to say about him. Said he was durable and a stand up guy. Keep in mind Rutgers runs a zone blocking scheme so we could be looking at their linemen as well.

Back