Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-16-2008   #1
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texan's to release Putzier?

http://profootballexperts.scout.com/2/729529.html

According to this article, the Texans are planning on releasing Putzier & resigning Breuner. This surprises me a little bit. Any opinions? I didn't see this reported anywhere. Sorry if it has been.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Texan's to release Putzier?

I'm not shocked in the slightest actually.
Brandon420tx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

So soon? Give him time.
Old 02-16-2008   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Dreessen will take his place.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
He had a decent year this year.
Old 02-16-2008   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dreesen can long snap too right?
Brandon420tx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008   #7
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I forgot about him. Cutting Putzier saves us about $1.25 million this year.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-16-2008   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Supposedly. Both Dreessen and Zgonina can long snap.

But Pittman only had 1 really bad snap that I can remember last year.

But I really liked Dreessen in the preseason last year and he played pretty well during the regular season.

I like Putz but I don't think this is a bad move. I just wish we could get something for Putzier.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Right.
Old 02-16-2008   #10
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

If this is true, I only wish him the best.

From the past....Texans Locker Room Hijinx: 'You've Been Putzied!'
Old 02-16-2008   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

If this is true, I only wish him the best.

From the past....Texans Locker Room Hijinx: 'You've Been Putzied!'
LOL. Was thinking that it was one of your posters, TC.

I thought "Well, there's a Ray Finkle 'moment' right there..."

Laces out...

-------

Ray's mom: "It's all that damn Dan Marino's fault. Dan Marino should die of ghonorrhea and rot in hell...Care for a cookie?"

Ace: "Hmmph...little footballs..."

Ray's mom: "Laces out!"

(perhaps one of my most favorite movie moments of all time.)
Old 02-16-2008   #12
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1965 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I like Putz but I don't think this is a bad move. I just wish we could get something for Putzier.
Right he has done nothing in 2 years here, he did nothing his last year in Denver and was let go. If it was not for Kubiak wanting a player/coach to teach the other players what he wanted from them Putz would have been cut a long time ago.

Dressen is a hard worker overachiever and Kubiak has grown to respect him. A 3some Daniels, Breuner and Dressen is a solid group.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166542 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't surprise me either..........there is no better blocking TE on the team..........for whoever becomes our main RB and for our QB. Furthermore, Bruener has shown some recent ability to catch the ball in some crucial situations.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Breuner has a PhD in Economics. Just another example of why it pays to get a good education in this day and times.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008   #15
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

wonder if we are thinking of putting Breuner on the line in Alex Gibbs system.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Bruener was the starter for many years in Pittsburgh before coming here and a Steeler fan I know was really bummed about losing him. He told me then that Bruener can catch but the Steelers don't throw to him and that Bruener can block like a madman.

With Houston I never saw it but then prior to Kubiak coming here we weren't exactly fully functional on offense. If the coaches think they need Bruener and not Putzier then I'm good with that.
Old 02-16-2008   #17
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm okay with Putzier getting released seeing as Bruener still serves a purpose (blocking).

I don't think Bruener is going to stay in the league much longer. Hopefully he can teach Mr. Daniels how to put a block on somebody before he retires.
Old 02-16-2008   #18
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Last edited by Scooter; 02-17-2008 at 04:05 AM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008   #19
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just wish we could get something for Putzier.
Cap Space
Old 02-17-2008   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think tje coaches were likely disappointed at our TE play last season from top to bottom and this doesn't shock me a bit...I do think we pursue another TE of some sort and I'm thinking right now that Bruenner doesn't make the team this year either...but he will go into camp as "plan b" at TE if we can't upgrade...just my random take on this.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read