Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-13-2008   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So I'm Houston for a Mock Draft

And I've got the guy who is running the Cowboys offering me a 2nd (#33) and a 4th (#28 I believe) and he wants our first. I told him to go away with that nonsense and not to come back with anything less than a 2nd, 4th, and a 5th to trade all the way out of the 1st round.

What would you guys take for trade? Who would you target on other teams? The guy running the Bronco's sounded like he would let go of Dumervil for a mid-round draft pick.

What do you guys think? If you want to know what website this is on just PM and I'll reply as soon as I get to it.

I'd really like to get everybody's opinion on this that's a Texans fan so I can say I represented the fans wants with this Mockup.
Old 02-14-2008   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So I'm Houston for a Mock Draft

take it and trade the mid rounder for dumervil.. then take anthony collins @ 33 = great deal

im the texans in a mock too and traded down with CLE.. got a 2nd(51), 4th(108) and brandon macdonald (the rookie that 'shut down' AJ last year- with alot of help i may add.. but hes as good young cb so i made the trade)
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
And I've got the guy who is running the Cowboys offering me a 2nd (#33) and a 4th (#28 I believe) and he wants our first. I told him to go away with that nonsense and not to come back with anything less than a 2nd, 4th, and a 5th to trade all the way out of the 1st round.

What would you guys take for trade? Who would you target on other teams? The guy running the Bronco's sounded like he would let go of Dumervil for a mid-round draft pick.

What do you guys think? If you want to know what website this is on just PM and I'll reply as soon as I get to it.

I'd really like to get everybody's opinion on this that's a Texans fan so I can say I represented the fans wants with this Mockup.
How do the Coboys have the #33 pick? I thought it was Miami's. + Is he trying to have 3 1st round draft picks???

Anyways, I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT do that trade at all. Cowboys have like the 30th pick in each round. Doesn't make since he's not willing to give up at least his later 1st rd pick. But if he doesn't want to get rid of his 2 1st rounders, you have to take all their picks 2nd-7th rounds and that still wouldn't equal our points. But I am confused at what picks the Cowboys actually have in your draft.

I would offer a 4th round pick for Dumervil. Why are the Broncs wanting to get rid of him? He'd be a great pass rusher opposite mario- and he's only like 23 or 24.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No way I trade the #18 pick for 2,4 & 5. Go away. IF Stewart, Mendenhall and the good corners are gone and we did not get a solid starting CB in FA, I will consider Dallas' two firsts (I'd give our first and a 4th) or Atlanta's twos. I would then focus on J. Charles & Anthony Collins with D's picks or Atlanta's I'd go Chris Johnson and again Collins who may end up anywhere or LT Baker, Cherilus or Cousins. The 18th should get us a starter or a damn good trade.
Old 02-14-2008   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I was too busy last year for our yearly mock but I plan on having our old school mock this season...I need some volunteers to help me manage it though....apply within and be ready for a pee test and a personality profile...and a background check. After that you must say the Pledge of Allegiance to the Comrades without a text prompt. Then you may get consideration.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I was too busy last year for our yearly mock but I plan on having our old school mock this season...I need some volunteers to help me manage it though....apply within and be ready for a pee test and a personality profile...and a background check. After that you must say the Pledge of Allegiance to the Comrades without a text prompt. Then you may get consideration.
Hmm, will you specifically be testing for "productivity enhancers"?
Old 02-14-2008   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Hmm, will you specifically be testing for "productivity enhancers"?
Beerlover may have issues

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-14-2008   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Beerlover may have issues
I ain't looking at no one's buttocks.
Old 02-14-2008   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would offer a 4th round pick for Dumervil. Why are the Broncs wanting to get rid of him? He'd be a great pass rusher opposite mario- and he's only like 23 or 24.
Talked to the guy running the Bronco's and he's more interested in Travis Johnson for Dumervil straight up and I don't think it's a terrible trade. If he pushes I might throw in a 7th or a 6th although I don't think I'll have to. Johnson for Dumervil sound fair? (Don't ask me why he's trying to blow up his defensive line, but I don't think he was all that impressed with it last year).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I'll volunteer to do either the Titans, Jags, or Colts if that actually came to fruitition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy
No way I trade the #18 pick for 2,4 & 5. Go away. IF Stewart, Mendenhall and the good corners are gone and we did not get a solid starting CB in FA, I will consider Dallas' two firsts (I'd give our first and a 4th) or Atlanta's twos. I would then focus on J. Charles & Anthony Collins with D's picks or Atlanta's I'd go Chris Johnson and again Collins who may end up anywhere or LT Baker, Cherilus or Cousins. The 18th should get us a starter or a damn good trade.
The trade fell through, and I think the player that was acting for Dallas just likes to wheel and deal. He got rid of Patrick Crayton, Roy Williams, and Miles Austin for practically nothing, it's ridiculous.
Old 02-14-2008   #10
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

take dumervil for tj straight up and draft red bryant
Old 02-15-2008   #11
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

im houston in a mock off-season too and this is our situation after FA... let me know what you think. draft should be o-line heavy

Quote:
ROSTER:

QB:
Matt Schaub
Sage Rosenfels

RB:
Mike Turner
Ahman Green
Ryan Moats
Darius Walker
Chris Taylor

Fb:
Vonta Leach
Jameel Cook
Jon Abbate

WR:
Andre Johnson
Kevin Walter
Jacoby Jones
Devard Darling
David Andersen

TE's
Owen Daniels
Joel Dreessen

OT:
Eric Winston
Charles Spencer
Ephraim Salaam
Rashad Butler

OG:
Chester Pitts
Mike Briesel
Kasey Studdard
Brandon Frye

C:
Greg Eslinger
Chukky Okobi

DE:
Mario Williams
Jared Allen
Earl Cochran
N.D. Kalu

DT:
Amobi Okoye
Travis Johnson
Rob Meier
Anthony Maddox
Tim Bullman

LB:
Demeco Ryans
Morlon Greenwood
Zac Diles
Danny Clark
Charlie Anderson
Shawn Barber

CB:
Dunta Robinson
Fred Bennett
Brandon MacDonald
Karl Paymah

Safety:
Will Demps
Brandon Harrison
Brandon Mitchell

K:
Kris Brown

P:
Matt Turk

LS:
Brian Pittman

Draft Picks:
2nd rd: Pick 51(from CLE)
3rd rd: Pick 79
4th rd: pick 108(from CLE)
4th rd: Pick 114
5th rd: Pick 143
6th rd: Pick 174
Old 03-01-2008   #12
b0ng
Ooops

UPDATE:

So I made my pick earlier tonight, but I want to see what you guys think. These were the selections

1. Chris Long DE
2. Jake Long LT
3. Vernon Gholston OLB/DE
4. Darren McFadden RB
5. Sedrick Ellis DT
6. Glen Dorsey DT
7. Dominique Rogers-Cromartie CB
8. Keith Rivers OLB
9. Brian Brohm QB
10. Mike Jenkins CB
11. Malcom Kelly WR
12. Ryan Clady
13. Derrick Harvey DE
14. Jonathan Stewart RB
15. Leodis McKelvin CB
16. Rashard Mendenhall CB
17. Chris Williams OT
18. ?

I was perplexed for a second as to whom I should pick. I figured I had to pick a player for the secondary, but I was torn between a few players. I couldn't get anybody to trade back with me for anything better than the 28 and then a 5th.

Before you ask, yes there was trading involved too with this draft, thats why the picks look all funky. This draft order was completely jumbled due to trading.
Old 03-01-2008   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

At that point I would try and trade down because of Matt Ryan on the board and I would think a team would be jonesing for him, other wise I would draft Jeff Otah. All the CB that are worth a first round are gone and so are the RB.
Old 03-01-2008   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
At that point I would try and trade down because of Matt Ryan on the board and I would think a team would be jonesing for him, other wise I would draft Jeff Otah. All the CB that are worth a first round are gone and so are the RB.
Couldn't trade down, all I was getting was a 28 and a 5th so that was a no-go. And I figured that Otah wouldn't be high on Kubiak/Smith's board due to size/slowness.
Old 03-01-2008   #15
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

you took kenny phillips or barandon flowers... im thinking mr flowers
Old 03-01-2008   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

I'd probably take Antoine Cason in this situation.
Old 03-01-2008   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd probably take Antoine Cason in this situation.
I agree. Best CB on the board at this point.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #18
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
UPDATE:

So I made my pick earlier tonight, but I want to see what you guys think. These were the selections

1. Chris Long DE
2. Jake Long LT
3. Vernon Gholston OLB/DE
4. Darren McFadden RB
5. Sedrick Ellis DT
6. Glen Dorsey DT
7. Dominique Rogers-Cromartie CB
8. Keith Rivers OLB
9. Brian Brohm QB
10. Mike Jenkins CB
11. Malcom Kelly WR
12. Ryan Clady
13. Derrick Harvey DE
14. Jonathan Stewart RB
15. Leodis McKelvin CB
16. Rashard Mendenhall CB
17. Chris Williams OT
18. ?

I was perplexed for a second as to whom I should pick. I figured I had to pick a player for the secondary, but I was torn between a few players. I couldn't get anybody to trade back with me for anything better than the 28 and then a 5th.

Before you ask, yes there was trading involved too with this draft, thats why the picks look all funky. This draft order was completely jumbled due to trading.
A few guys I'm assuming you considered with that draft board: Talib, Rivers, Alberts (for OG), Stewart, Phillips, and Campbell.
Old 03-01-2008   #19
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
A few guys I'm assuming you considered with that draft board: Talib, Rivers, Alberts (for OG), Stewart, Phillips, and Campbell.
Stewart & Rivers are both taken already.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take Merling or Albert
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read