Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2004   #1
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl
Default Nowwww, lets talk JETS!!!!

Ok, i have to admit i really know nothing about the Jets because their just one team i really never cared to watch...So iam curious what everyone thinks about our chances with them....I was re-viewing their schedule of teams they have played and won/lost, and they really haven't played too many competive teams....I sure hope we can pull this one off also....
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jets are a legitimate playoff contender. The weather should be very cold for this game. The Texans better be ready for the elements.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Well, technically we should still be basking in glory until 4:15pm CST (24 hour rule), but I felt a slight twist on my arm and I'm ready.

I have a strong feeling that Marcus and Aaron are gonna turn it up a notch up there against their former teammates. Plus, the New York limelight and press will be up there in force as usual for every game. They played the Cardinals last weekend, and now they have a more physical team coming up there to play.
Should be a good one.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The only time I saw them they played really tough defense and they had a good running game. They will be a handful.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004   #5
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

they are a good team, curtis martin has really been running the ball well. Pennington should be ready to play against us. But if you look at them when they played the cardnals, the team struggled in every aspect of the game, and plus we came close to beating them last year even with all of our injuries. I see D.D having another big day, Carr and Johnnson should hook up a lot, only thing that might affect us is the weather. I feel the D will step it up big time in this one, just a gut feeling !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004   #6
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

They (fans) are very loud and INTENSE! .. and that Jets Chant! .. You'll be hearing it in your sleep ..
The Texans will once again have to deal with the elements too.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004   #7
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

The Jets defense has been pretty good this year. Our O-line needs to play well because they have some great edge rushers.
Old 11-29-2004   #8
JetsAlltheWay
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
they are a good team, curtis martin has really been running the ball well. Pennington should be ready to play against us. But if you look at them when they played the cardnals, the team struggled in every aspect of the game, and plus we came close to beating them last year even with all of our injuries. I see D.D having another big day, Carr and Johnnson should hook up a lot, only thing that might affect us is the weather. I feel the D will step it up big time in this one, just a gut feeling !
Our team is much different this year so you really shouldn't look at last years game. Davis will probably have a tough time running the ball against our D. We had one of the worst run defenses in the league last year but this year it has been one of the best. If you're gonna win this game Carr has to have a big game throwing the ball. Our secondary is weak and a good passing team should be able to put up some points. As far as our offense goes it looks like Pennington will be out another week although that decision will be made later in the week. That means a heavy does of Curtis Martin. We should be able to run on you guys because we have been able to run on pretty much everyone. If Pennington is out I expect it to be a nail biter that could go either way. If he does end up playing I think it will be much tougher for you guys to win. The weather should be cold, the stadium should be rocking, and with Pennington in there the jets move the ball much better on offense.
JetsAlltheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004   #9
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

yeah hard to say our defense has been really inconsistent all year, one week they demolish the run and shut down the passing game the next they just get shreaded. Our O comes out ice cold the first half and finally gets it together in the 2nd, thats why we had to come from an 18 point deficit sunday. I love this team but i try to think realisticly, we never know which team will show up anymore, hopefully we can keep it close, and make it a good game !
Old 11-29-2004   #10
Tayton
Veteran

I hope our offensive line shows up. We will need it.
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we better hope that Pennington doesn't play. I'm seeing a complete repeat of the Colts game, except that the Jets have a little more run against us and a little less pass--and the freaking weather is freezing sleet. I don't want to see what I'm seeing.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004   #12
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

This will be by no means an easy game....only if Pennington is in there. I won't be worried if Carter is starting but won't take the entire Jets squad lightly though. If Pennington is in though.....I'll really be worrried. With how inconsistent our beloved Texans have been....you can't count on any aspect of their game to show up. It's either there or not there.
Old 11-29-2004   #13
THE_SOOTHSAYER
Rookie

It'll be interesting to see if the JETS can get any offensive production this week. Since the bye week we've been pretty lackluster no matter who the QB is.
THE_SOOTHSAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

How many cold weather games have the Texans played in and how have they done?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004   #15
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER
It'll be interesting to see if the JETS can get any offensive production this week. Since the bye week we've been pretty lackluster no matter who the QB is.

Good point....very true.
Old 11-29-2004   #16
THE_SOOTHSAYER
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
So far the early forcast for the game up here for Sunday afternoon is 50 degrees and sunny. Hardly cold by any means.
THE_SOOTHSAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004   #17
Eagle Fan
Rookie

The Jets are a very good team but if they take the Texans for granted they CAN be had. If the Texans play the way they have the last two weeks they will take the NY-ers by suprise. After all Pennington while a good QB, is no Farve or McNair. And the Jets defense, while above average, can be beaten by a balanced attack; Davis and Carr both having the kind of day they are capable of may force Pennington to throw the ball and partially remove the Curtis Martin threat. If the Texans get an early lead don't be suprised if they hang on & win, but conversely, if the Jets get a coupla early scores it could get ugly.

Last edited by Eagle Fan; 11-29-2004 at 01:45 PM.
Eagle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004   #18
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Played in Buffalo last year around this time and won that game.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004   #19
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

is that when johnnson ran the ball back for a safety on purpose ? to seal the game !
Old 11-29-2004   #20
georgewashington
Veteran

The most fearful opponent that the jets have is the Fireman in the crowd leading the cheers. The people are nuts up there and the texans will be hearing it all day. If Pennington is in, the offense will be more similar to Indy but maybe a few more runs with Martin. If Carter is in, the offense will be more run, but remember Quincy has thrown some bombs this year, and he was in the playoffs last season with a crappy Dallas offense. What the texans need to do is man up on teh receivers, get the safety help over the top and minimal zone from the LBs. Too many times the D is dropped into zone and, like peyton did, they sit and wait for the receivers to run through the gaps to get completions. We have athletes in the secondary, so we should trust them. Let our boys up front put some pressure on and be there to stop the run.
georgewashington is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read