Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carl Nicks

Spled

Rookie
Does anyone think he's worthy of a first round choice? He's very raw, but physically he sounds like a monster.

awtysst

Draft Guru
Does anyone think he's worthy of a first round choice? He's very raw, but physically he sounds like a monster.
I think you just answered your own question. A first rounder should be fairly polished and ready to step in day one. A first rounder should not be described as "raw" or "a project".

I see him most likely going late 2nd or 3rd round. Combine and pro days will push guys up and down, so he may move up, but to the 1st? Doubtful.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
will be on someones roster day one. is RT starter material & back-up LT now. so team needs will dictate his selection, would represent good value in the 3rd rd. like Charles Spencer/Eric Winston where for the Texans in 06. :)

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Well he only started the last 8 games of the year so I'm guessing that he was subbing for an injured player. I dont know though.
Baas replaced Justin Smiley at RG, after Smiley had a season ending shoulder injury in Week 9. Smiley will be an UFA.

I had read on scout.com that the Texans had asked Nebraska coaches for game film on Nicks. Nicks probably goes somewhere between the Texans's 1st and 3rd round picks, depending on the combine and pro day workouts.