Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-08-2008   #1
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer
Default Texans Free Agent Tracker

Do we have a place on this board where we can post all of our Free Agents, as well as the ones we're hoping the Texans will pick up, and then add an update next to them when they are franchised or resigned? Basically a FA tracker?
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #2
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Free Agent Tracker

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...By+Team&y=2008
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Pos Player Name FA Status Previous Team Current Team
RB Ron Dayne UFA Houston Texans - Gone. Replace with Draft pick.
RB Chris Taylor ERFA Houston Texans - stays
RB Darius Walker ERFA Houston Texans - Stays
WR David Anderson ERFA Houston Texans - Stays
WR Andre' Davis UFA Houston Texans - Stats
WR Jerome Mathis RFA Houston Texans - Gone. Replaced by A.D.
TE Mark Bruener UFA Houston Texans - Gone. Dressen needs more PT.
TE Joel Dreessen RFA Houston Texans - Stays
P Matt Turk UFA Houston Texans - Stays
OG Fred Weary UFA Houston Texans - This is a tuffy, I say gone. Replaced by Studdard or Frye. B/S who knows when he will be able to come back from a late season broken leg.
OT Brandon Frye ERFA Houston Texans - Stays
OT Scott Jackson UFA Houston Texans - Who? Replaced by....
DL Earl Cochran ERFA Houston Texans - Another tuffy, did he show enough? Makes it at least to camp. Replaced through draft, maybe?
DL N.D. Kalu UFA Houston Texans - Thanks pops, Gone. Replaced by FA, or draft
DL Cedric Killings UFA Houston Texans - Retire while you can still walk, Gone. Replaced through FA
DL Anthony Maddox UFA Houston Texans - Stays, at least through camp. FA or Draft.
LB Charlie Anderson UFA Houston Texans - Good special teamer, Stays.
LB Danny Clark UFA Houston Texans - Gone. Can be replaced by any low tier FA.
LB Shantee Orr UFA Houston Texans - Isnt he already gone? If not, Gone. Replaced through FA,
CB Roc Alexander UFA Houston Texans - Gone Replace through the draft.
CB Von Hutchins UFA Houston Texans - Stays
CB Dexter Wynn UFA Houston Texans - Stays
SS Glenn Earl UFA Houston Texans - Gone. Replaced by Will Demps
FS C.C. Brown RFA Houston Texans - Gone. Replaced by last years draft pick, what was his name, Brandon Mitchell?
FS Will Demps UFA Houston Texans - Stays
FS Jason Simmons UFA Houston Texans - Stays.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that is kinda the point....some of these guys WILL be offered by other teams. Prety naive to believe that Davis will not recieve a few sniffs after the year he had last year. And I don't believe 'ol Earl is eating up a bunch of cap space. They get a good effort out of him for a bragin price.

I'll believe Dayne is gone when I hear it from Kubes' lips. I don't know much about the HC...what I read between the lines is this guy doesn't throw his veterans under the bus. We'll see.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 02-08-2008 at 09:21 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 218645 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Just some notes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Pos Player Name FA Status Previous Team Current Team
RB Ron Dayne UFA Houston Texans - Gone. Replace with Draft pick.
OT Scott Jackson UFA Houston Texans - Who? Replaced by....
DL Earl Cochran ERFA Houston Texans - Another tuffy, did he show enough? Makes it at least to camp. Replaced through draft, maybe?
DL N.D. Kalu UFA Houston Texans - Thanks pops, Gone. Replaced by FA, or draft
SS Glenn Earl UFA Houston Texans - Gone. Replaced by Will Demps
FS C.C. Brown RFA Houston Texans - Gone. Replaced by last years draft pick, what was his name, Brandon Mitchell?
FS Jason Simmons UFA Houston Texans - Stays.
I don't think Kubes has as low opinion on Dayne as you do. I think a lot of other people will hit the road from the RB mix before Dayne does.

I was surprised when Jackson was cut last year. IIRC, he made it to the last cut. He played pretty well in the pre-season and Kubes seemed to really like him. I didn't remember bringing him back and I don't recall him making it to IR, either.

I think Cochran and Kalu are good depth. They might get replaced but they'll be given the opportunity to fight for their jobs.

The Safety mix is going to be interesting with Brandom Mitchell AND Brandon Harrison. I'm hoping Demps stays. And I'm wondering if Boulware is going to transition back to linebacker or if he's going to stay a safety.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Current Team
RB Ron Dayne UFA Houston Texans - Gone.
RB Chris Taylor ERFA Houston Texans - Gone. sorry man.. pretty long shot even before injuries
RB Darius Walker ERFA Houston Texans - Stays
WR David Anderson ERFA Houston Texans - Gone
WR Andre' Davis UFA Houston Texans - Stays
WR Jerome Mathis RFA Houston Texans - Keep him if hes cheap and see if he makes it thru camp
TE Mark Bruener UFA Houston Texans - Gone.
OG Fred Weary UFA Houston Texans -Gone. Injured, oldish and doesnt fit scheme
OT Brandon Frye ERFA Houston Texans - Stays
OT Scott Jackson UFA Houston Texans - Gone
DL Earl Cochran ERFA Houston Texans - Stays, In rotation at least
DL N.D. Kalu UFA Houston Texans - Stays. leader and still somewhat productive
DL Cedric Killings UFA Houston Texans - Retired
DL Anthony Maddox UFA Houston Texans - Stays. Rotation
LB Charlie Anderson UFA Houston Texans - Good special teamer. Stays.
LB Danny Clark UFA Houston Texans - Stays. Good ST and cheap backup
LB Shantee Orr UFA Houston Texans - Gone.
CB Roc Alexander UFA Houston Texans - Gone
SS Glenn Earl UFA Houston Texans - Gone. injuries again
FS C.C. Brown RFA Houston Texans - Stays for camp at least. should be cheap
FS Jason Simmons UFA Houston Texans - Gone. old, injured and not needed. nice guy though
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #7
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 193947 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

TEXANRED, is this what you believe will happen or what you're hoping will happen??

I'm thinking everyone who doesn't demand and outrageous salary will be invited back to camp. Kubiak doesn't seem like the type to swap out a known quantity for some unknown F/A. Plus look at the improvement we made, as a team, due to the increased level of competition this past camp.

Personally, I'm gonna wait and see who we pick up before I predict who'll be gone.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-08-2008   #8
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dayne will be back, Taylor will be back....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #9
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
Current Team
RB Ron Dayne UFA Houston Texans - Gone. Ron Dayne WILL be back next season, you can count on it. He's produced the last two seasons, is a hard nosed runner and best of all, Does. Not. Fumble.
RB Chris Taylor ERFA Houston Texans - Gone. sorry man.. pretty long shot even before injuries I dunno...it always seems like in TC Kubes is raving about this guy...we'll see, won't be surprised to see him gone, but it's a possibility he'll still be here next season.
RB Darius Walker ERFA Houston Texans - Stays If Taylor's gone, how can you keep Walker. Both were UDFAs and both haven't shown much. I figure Walker and Taylor will battle it out in TC, and one or both will make the team.
WR David Anderson ERFA Houston Texans - Gone Anderson has done nothing in the limited playing time he gets but produce. I see no reason to cut a cheap WR who provides us with good depth.
WR Andre' Davis UFA Houston Texans - Stays Agree, hopefully we can keep him.
WR Jerome Mathis RFA Houston Texans - Keep him if hes cheap and see if he makes it thru camp Mathis is gone IMO. He's been injured WAY too often and his one upside in KR will be taken by Davis, IF we manage to resign him.
TE Mark Bruener UFA Houston Texans - Gone. I think Bruener should be resigned to a one or two year deal. He's our best blocking TE and can provide veteran leadership to a pretty young TE core (minus Putzier)
OG Fred Weary UFA Houston Texans -Gone. Injured, oldish and doesnt fit scheme Maybe, he was playing pretty good football before his injuryOT Brandon Frye ERFA Houston Texans - Stays
OT Scott Jackson UFA Houston Texans - Gone
DL Earl Cochran ERFA Houston Texans - Stays, In rotation at least
DL N.D. Kalu UFA Houston Texans - Stays. leader and still somewhat productive I agree wholeheartedly. I think Kalu is one, if not our best pure pass rushers, something this DLine needs, especially with the pass rushing black hole we have in Weaver
DL Cedric Killings UFA Houston Texans - Retired
DL Anthony Maddox UFA Houston Texans - Stays. Rotation
LB Charlie Anderson UFA Houston Texans - Good special teamer. Stays.
LB Danny Clark UFA Houston Texans - Stays. Good ST and cheap backup
LB Shantee Orr UFA Houston Texans - Gone.
CB Roc Alexander UFA Houston Texans - Gone
SS Glenn Earl UFA Houston Texans - Gone. injuries again
FS C.C. Brown RFA Houston Texans - Stays for camp at least. should be cheap
FS Jason Simmons UFA Houston Texans - Gone. old, injured and not needed. nice guy though
Here's my opinions on some of you're predictions.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TE Mark Bruener UFA Houston Texans - Gone.
I'm not in the room and I dunno for nothing....what I see with bruener is worst case scenrio insurance incase you lose three guys and you are forced to play Black or Frye at OLT. Bruener has value. Agreed though if they draft the big TE like Cottam....that'll be the turk calling for Bruener.
Old 02-09-2008   #11
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Here's my opinions on some of you're predictions.
im not going to disagree with you on any of your opinion because any of them could go either way

i will say that walkers shown more than taylor imo.. and his cruciate ligaments are fine
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
And I don't believe 'ol Earl is eating up a bunch of cap space. They get a good effort out of him for a bragin price.
Its not about eating up cap space. Its about evaluating the talent that we have and improving the football team. Earl has shown us what he's got and to be honest its not enough. Earl does not bring so much to the table that you fear not having his talents if he is not around. Our S position really was no worse this year than in years past.

Another way to look at it is, sure that Pontiac Ferro is $75k dollars cheaper than a Mercedes, but is it a bargain for what you are getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I'll believe Dayne is gone when I hear it from Kubes' lips. I don't know much about the HC...what I read between the lines is this guy doesn't throw his veterans under the bus. We'll see.
I am not saying that Dayne will not be resigned or that the organization is saying Dayne will not be back, just my speculation.

Personally, I dont like Dayne. He is only good for the second half of the season and for the second year in a row he has been hurt proving that he is not the rugged tough it out back we need. I would much rather cut Dayne, Green and play Taylor, Walker, and a Draft pick. Give me some youth. JMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan
TEXANRED, is this what you believe will happen or what you're hoping will happen??
A little bit of both. The players that I have named to be gone are some of the weak links to our chain and is a position that we need to upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan
I'm thinking everyone who doesn't demand and outrageous salary will be invited back to camp. Kubiak doesn't seem like the type to swap out a known quantity for some unknown F/A. Plus look at the improvement we made, as a team, due to the increased level of competition this past camp.

Personally, I'm gonna wait and see who we pick up before I predict who'll be gone.
Your right we have made improvements, but its not enough. We need to keep building and keep looking for better players at every position.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I have one on my site... there's a table if you scroll down, which I will update once things start happening.

Which by the way, I'm ready for things to start happening. The Pro Bowl does nothing for me, so I'm impatiently waiting for free agency to get going.

Texans Free Agency 2008

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Chad Stanley signed by the Colts- The Colts recently added former Houston Texans punter Chad Stanley to the teamís offseason roster.

Stanley, who played six seasons with the Texans, was released by the team on Sept. 8, 2007, after an injury settlement. He has averaged 40.6 yards during his nine-year NFL career with the San Francisco 49ers, Arizona Cardinals and Houston.

He is one of two punters currently on the Indianapolis roster, along with veteran Hunter Smith.

http://www.tribstar.com/colts/local_...yword=topstory
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #15
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I have one on my site... there's a table if you scroll down, which I will update once things start happening.

Which by the way, I'm ready for things to start happening. The Pro Bowl does nothing for me, so I'm impatiently waiting for free agency to get going.

Texans Free Agency 2008
I'm with you there!

So Deshaun Foster was released from the Panthers. I don't see us looking at him, but you never know.
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #16
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Texan View Post
I'm with you there!

So Deshaun Foster was released from the Panthers. I don't see us looking at him, but you never know.
Nah, we already have a past-his-prime, injury-prone RB on our roster.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read