Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-08-2008   #21
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2008 Salary Cap Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Sorry, my bad--the 2nd year bonus is a roster bonus as well. So of $22.6 mil in guarantees, they will have paid $20 mil in the first two years.
...plus 4 million in base salary.

24 million over two seasons for one guy in the secondary, and the team is not as good now as when they signed him.

Nice to be Nate.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2008 Salary Cap Figures

My understanding is that bonus and guarantees are the way around salary cap. See Mario's deal. Players eat those up as it is money in their pockets for sure. Yes, there will be cap hit sooner or later, but by putting it off for a year or two will allow Chris Olsen to make his foot print on the team. This should be his first year involvement with free agent contracts. It is also possible that he can suggest some re-structuring of current contracts. The next two season should allow the team to cull more playerts

There are certain players that might make the Texans load up the Wells Fargo stage. Luckily the three spots we need, CB, LT and RB can be addressed in first, third and fourth even if no trade occurs. Any solid pick up in FA is gravy. I too am interested in 2nd tiered upgrades for reasonable $. It has been noted on MB that even those type are often over paid. My position is I would rather get one solid starter in FA such as Trufant than two or three backups and no starter. I have been pleased with Ric Smiths efforts so far and expect the same level of effort this off season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read