Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2004   #1
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool The Texans' 5-6

At 5-6, there are EIGHTEEN other NFL teams with the same or worse record than our Texans!!

There are FOURTEEN teams with WORSE records!

Just three years into it, and we are looking great! We are on our way up, while a lot of teams are on their way down!

The glass is half full, folks!
Old 11-30-2004   #2
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

I love your optimism DB!
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #3
GeauxTexans
Rookie

we should win at LEAST 2 more games this season giving us a 7-9 record at worst. Three years of continued improvement

2002 4-12
2003 5-11
2004 7-9 ??

we are only getting better and hopefully with another draft and off season to acquire some free agents we will be in the playoff mix next season.
Old 11-30-2004   #4
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

We should be favored against the Browns and it should be close to a Pick 'em against the Bears. For some reason that Bears game scares me. Those are the type of games we find a way to lose. If we beat them, that will be our first road win against a NFC team.

If we take care of business, we should be at least 7-9.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #5
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

I posted at the beginning of the season 8-8. Still think it is attainable.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #6
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTexans
we should win at LEAST 2 more games this season giving us a 7-9 record at worst. Three years of continued improvement

2002 4-12
2003 5-11
2004 7-9 ??

we are only getting better and hopefully with another draft and off season to acquire some free agents we will be in the playoff mix next season.
I'm probably in the minority here, but if we can't contend for a playoff spot, I would like to see us just win one more and go 6-10 and still draft in the first half of the first round. Have a better chance at a player that could really help us, and then make a run at the post season next year.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #7
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
I posted at the beginning of the season 8-8. Still think it is attainable.

yes 8-8 is still very possible, maybe those losing games were just our down time, and maybe we will win 4 out of 5 again ! Could happen , but with how optimstic i am i say we win the next 5 in a row !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2004   #8
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

We would most likely have a better record without Palmer.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #9
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

I just know cold weather will be a factor in NY & Chicago. I hope our guys are ready for it!
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #10
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid
I just know cold weather will be a factor in NY & Chicago. I hope our guys are ready for it!

yeah i'm sure they are preparing for it, using the Air condition during practice
Old 11-30-2004   #11
Dunta_Fan_23
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Dunta_Fan_23 Send a message via Yahoo to Dunta_Fan_23

8-8 is reachable

7-9 sounds more likely

Old 11-30-2004   #12
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

i'm predicting around hmmmm 10-6 or 5-11 i dont want anything in between,,, cause then we have no play-offs and near of good draft pick, or play offs and prolly lose in the first round !!!!

Realisticly prolly 8-8 !
Old 11-30-2004   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, so I don't really count on this happening but I'm honestly going to say that we're going to finish 10-6 until the Texans (and their opponents) prove otherwise. I watch every Texans game with the unwavering belief that we're going to win it so that's really not much of a stretch.

Maybe that's why I take it so damned hard when they lose a game.
Old 11-30-2004   #14
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am beginning to wish that we were an NFC team so we would definitely make the playoffs this year at 7-9.

I see every game from here out being 'win-able'. The Colts actually are the only team I see giving us a very challenging game for the rest of the season.

but I am just a 'HOMER' that way.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #15
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
I'm probably in the minority here, but if we can't contend for a playoff spot, I would like to see us just win one more and go 6-10 and still draft in the first half of the first round. Have a better chance at a player that could really help us, and then make a run at the post season next year.
If we finish too bad it would be more difflicult to attract a top FA or keep the ones we have. I would think it would better to aquire some top FA's for the next couple years, than to draft an upper pick whom we would have to pay as much as a FA, but would have to wait for the results. IMO winning every game is important.
Old 11-30-2004   #16
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I picked us to go 8-8 give or take a game. I'd like to see us win at least two more games. I'd rather see us make progress than get a better draft position.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittenhouserobz
If we finish too bad it would be more difflicult to attract a top FA or keep the ones we have. I would think it would better to aquire some top FA's for the next couple years, than to draft an upper pick whom we would have to pay as much as a FA, but would have to wait for the results. IMO winning every game is important.
I agree with this all the way. I don't believe there is any rookie out there that we need that desperately to change our ball club. Any rookie we get will probably not start automatically so might as well not spend that much on him. For cap sake we need to stay out of the top 10. Look at what Pittsburgh got at #11.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #18
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Whether we win or lose the next 5 games, I want it to be a solid game where we see a few things, such as:

A) Solid running game
B) Solid pass rush while still being effective against the run

I don't want some dinky weirdo games that don't make any sense but we win anyway despite sucking for four quarters.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #19
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I'd only really be disappointed if we lost to a Jeff George-QB'd team.

Ugh.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
I think I'd only really be disappointed if we lost to a Jeff George-QB'd team.

Ugh.

Yeah, that really would suck!

I'll be 'satisfied' if we go 6-10 (just because we'd be improving every year so far...as long as that win was over Jeff George! )

Content if we end up 7-9.

Happy at 8-8.

Stoked with 9-7.

And ecstatic with 10-6 (which would really suck to have and still miss a playoff spot!...especially if an NFC team got in with a 7-9 record!!)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read