Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 02-08-2008   #1
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Sunday Ticket

I'm currently in the market for programming and I've decided that I by far prefer DishNetwork over Directv but I can't seem to find the NFL Sunday Ticket. Do you guys know if they offer it at all? If they don't offer it then I will be forced to go to Directv and I don't want that. Are there any other options?

Much obliged in advance.
Old 02-08-2008   #2
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Re: NFL Sunday Ticket

NFL Sunday Ticket is solely licensed by DirecTV until 2010, sadly.

I suppose another alternative if you don't want to get DirecTV would be to buy full games on iTunes. :/ I think they have a package for that, though I'm not sure if they're full games or just highlights.
Old 02-08-2008   #3
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

If I may, why do you prefer Dish over Directv? Are there some features that have you hooked?

Yes, for the record I have been with Directv for the last 4+ years and have not had a single problem. Their HD lineup is by far superior than anyone else's plus they the NFL package.

*This ad is not endorsed by Directv nor it's affiliates*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #4
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been a customer of Direct Tv for 10 years and wouldnt change for anything.
This is not an endorsement for Direct Tv either, just mho! It all started with the NFL Ticket, morphed into the NFL Netwrok, and now more HD than I can handle, thats why.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #5
Da_General
Obnoxious Musician

Rep Power: 17 Da_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden cover

I got COMPLETELY screwed when I tried to switch from Directv to Dish...the salesman flat out lied about a lot of stuff. I got hung-up on by regional managers repeatedly, and then they tried to screw me and make me pay the early termination fee when I wanted to back out from the service that never worked right from the start. I ended up having to go to the BBB on them to get it straight. Directv welcomed me back and even gave me my DVR free for a year for coming back to them.

My advice is to be VERY careful with the independent phone salesmen and make SURE you get their names and locations if they're making promises. That was the only thing that saved me hundreds of dollars...that and the BBB.

Last edited by Da_General; 02-08-2008 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Grammar
Da_General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Years ago I went from Warner Cable to the Dish Network. Dish seemed like heaven at the time.. Well that is until I switched to DirecTv... Been with DirecTv ever since. NFL Sunday Ticket package is awesome, NFLN is awesome too.. Every once in a while I get teasers for the NBA League Pass or even the MLB's and NHL's package...
Old 02-08-2008   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have the NFL Ticket, but I have no complaints about DirecTV. It definitely blows cable out of the water in my neck of the woods.
Old 02-08-2008   #8
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I got DirecTV for the NFL Network and absolutely wouldn't trade it for anything. Their HD beats anyone else out there and they are much more reliable during rain and wind than Dish. Folks I know who have Dish are always sitting in front of a blank tv during any kind of storm...or sometimes drizzle.
I don't have the Sunday Ticket, but did get it free when I first signed up - it is awesome. I go to the home games and wouldn't be home to watch it, which is the only reason I didn't keep it.

No endorsement here - just been my experience.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008   #9
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I would be another endorsement for Direct, And my husband wouldn't trade NFL Sunday Ticket for all the . . . .WELL, anything!
Old 02-08-2008   #10
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: NFL Sunday Ticket

Comcast needs to get on the ball. Where the Hell is Cartoon network, FX, Spike, and SciFi HD?!?!?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #11
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Comcast needs to get on the ball. Where the Hell is Cartoon network, FX, Spike, and SciFi HD?!?!?
Got em on Direct Tv , and all in HD!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #12
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I'm currently in the market for programming and I've decided that I by far prefer DishNetwork over Directv but I can't seem to find the NFL Sunday Ticket. Do you guys know if they offer it at all? If they don't offer it then I will be forced to go to Directv and I don't want that. Are there any other options?

Much obliged in advance.
If you know someone in Houston, buy a Slingbox and set it up at their house. You can get a model that won't restrict what is being viewed locally on thier sat/cbl box. You can catch all the Houston broadcasts on your computer no matter where you are, and link the computer to your TV if you want and watch it that way (based on the a/v ports on your computer/TV).
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read