Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans learning to win

beerlover

Hall of Fame
seems like its the little things, whispers, silly penaltys & lack of winning tradition/experience that the Texans are in the process of learning how to overcome. With parity in the league & only three dominate teams (Pittsburgh, New England & Philly) at the top with experience to choke out oponnents week after week they are the ones who have mastered the little things & learned how to win.

the Texans are in process, frustrating at times but also brilliant they are learning to win by due process, one game at a time. This week they will have to prepare for the wet & cold of the Meadowlands (did anybody else see the conditions of the Giants vs Eagles game today? ugh nasty) they will have to learn to win in this hostile enviornment & adjust as the game progresses just as they did today against the Titans.

The Texans are learning how to win :coolb:

GEEZZZ, i worry about them when they have to play in conditions like the Broncos/Raiders game....Now that was nasty weather and made a difference in the game....Who would have thought the Raiders would have pulled it off....I think the weather helped them...LOL....

the Texans could not adjust to the high altitude & speed of the Broncos "undersized team". The Broncos presented match up problems that could not be overcome.

last night while the snow & cold changed the game & the Raiders did a nice job adjusting, it was a dry cold (notice the snow accumulation) so they did a nice job in the passing lanes with a balanced running attack. Now the wet & cold of the Meadowlands reguires more of a smash mouth running attack. One hopes the Texans can run Wells effectivly behind Norris & cotinue to use dominack in short passing routes along with the TE.

the Jets will use every trick to foil & take advantage of the Texans especially jumping on them aggressivley early. The Texans trend (IMO) is a slow start since game one against San Diego. Learning how to win will have to involve addressing this trend, on the road, in the rain & cold.

you'd think you'd wanna keep davis in there, he ran good against the jets last year, and after this week maybe he has WHATEVER it is he lost back ! I saw the spark i saw from him last year, so i wouldnt start wells now !

The Texans are on a learning curve and are becoming a smarter and wiser team that is learning the art of winning games,that are finely balanced. :jumpbanan The Houston Texans have a mighty bright future. :headbang:

beerlover said:
seems like its the little things, whispers, silly penaltys & lack of winning tradition/experience that the Texans are in the process of learning how to overcome. With parity in the league & only three dominate teams (Pittsburgh, New England & Philly) at the top with experience to choke out oponnents week after week they are the ones who have mastered the little things & learned how to win.

the Texans are in process, frustrating at times but also brilliant they are learning to win by due process, one game at a time. This week they will have to prepare for the wet & cold of the Meadowlands (did anybody else see the conditions of the Giants vs Eagles game today? ugh nasty) they will have to learn to win in this hostile enviornment & adjust as the game progresses just as they did today against the Titans.

The Texans are learning how to win :coolb:

You forgot about the COLTS

Colts will be rock bottom soon enough, with Houston and Jacksonville dominating the division. Manning and the offense is carrying you for now but eventually his greed will weigh the team down and they will go nowhere.

Back