Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-06-2008   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default GBN Mock Draft FEB 6

http://www.gbnreport.com/3-roundprojection.html

18 Houston Felix Jones RB Arkansas

don't see it but he would give the Texans an explosive RB.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: GBN Mock Draft FEB 6

I believe...my opinion...that Darren McFaddin made Felix Jones. And when you get the guy out of the spread he's going to struggle. For me this is the Tony Hollings pick daja vu. And I guess this means that Green is hurt worse than anyone is letting on. 6'0' 200 pounds. I see it now, he's mocked Stewart and Mendenhall off the board....we need a Rb, they all suck at this point in the draft. Stick them with the tatter tot. At least it wasn't an OG.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 02-06-2008 at 02:27 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

After further review....four Ots in the first, four in the second. Collins is off the board at the end of the second.
Old 02-06-2008   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I believe...my opinion...that Darren McFaddin made Felix Jones. And when you get the guy out of the spread he's going to struggle. For me this is the Tony Hollings pick daja vu. And I guess this means that Green is hurt worse than anyone is letting on. 6'0' 200 pounds. I see it now, he's mocked Stewart and Mendenhall off the board....we need a Rb, they all suck at this point in the draft. Stick them with the tatter tot. At least it wasn't an OG.
I think Felix Jones and Darren McFadden made each other. They are both explosive threats that required extra attention on every play. They will both be solid players in the NFL, but I think that Mendenhall and Stewart will be better than them.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #5
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24274 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans will not draft a RB in the first round, regardless of how many people who do mock drafts think we will. The Texans will wait to draft a RB in the 3-7 rounds.
Old 02-06-2008   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

with impressive combine forty impressive Senior bowl & blowing away teams in personel workouts no way Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie lasts til the 30th pick. the Texans would be lucky to get him & address CB. might surprise some people, myself included but I've read somewhere he has run a 4.35. speed kills along with that wingspan- UNBELEIVABLE
Old 02-06-2008   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Thank you. I keep reading these and I think they've got some sort of insider stuff we don't.

Well what Is going to be fun if they do take Felix the cat...is watching the guy catch the ball out of the back feild and picking up blitzes. Gonna be a hoot. enjoy it.

O.K. you sold me .....

there wasn't a dimes bit of difference netween Erick Dickerson and Craig James...I guess you could say James made Dickerson.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 02-06-2008 at 03:16 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2008   #8
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a friendly reminder: This year's NFL draft will be held on April 26th to 27th. Today is February 6th.
Old 02-06-2008   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
The Texans will not draft a RB in the first round, regardless of how many people who do mock drafts think we will. The Texans will wait to draft a RB in the 3-7 rounds.
And your opinion is worth the same as mine or anyone elses. If the draft breaks as stated through # 17, I would push Dallas for a trade for their two 1sts. I would then select Jamall Charles and Anthony Hollings. Both should do well in ZBS. But that is my opinion.
Old 02-06-2008   #10
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
I agree. I think we will address CB in the first round and RB in the third. Hopefully Forte will be there in the third, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft2.html also has Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie going to GB #30, but the Texans drafting Kenny Phillips.
Old 02-06-2008   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I agree. I think we will address CB in the first round and RB in the third. Hopefully Forte will be there in the third, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
You think the Texans will not go CB in FA?
Old 02-06-2008   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

I think this one http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php gets it right.
Old 02-06-2008   #14
Polo

I'd like to see Dan Connor at 18.
Old 02-06-2008   #15
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Barring a GREAT combine I don't think Sweed goes 1st round.

Are the rams that high on Long?

Suddenly after facing one of the best front fours now everyone has NE going OT? I still think they are more looking to add to an aging Defense.

Not sure the bears need a RB nearly as much as they need to start thinking about QB and the Vikings seem to be ok with Tavaris Jackson for now developing.

Don't see Keith Rivers dropping to the Chargers.

Cason will NOT drop into the second round.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I'd like to see Dan Connor at 18.
not bpa @ #18

notice all three mocks posted on this thread alone seem to think the Giants will select him with the 31st pick.
Old 02-06-2008   #17
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
not bpa @ #18

notice all three mocks posted on this thread alone seem to think the Giants will select him with the 31st pick.
It's the beggining of Febuary.

Why don't we look at last years Febuary mocks and compare them to the actual drafts.

At this point most anything is within the realm of possibility.

I don't see where Dan Connor at 18 is that much a stretch.
Old 02-06-2008   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
It's the beggining of Febuary.

Why don't we look at last years Febuary mocks and compare them to the actual drafts.

At this point most anything is within the realm of possibility.

I don't see where Dan Connor at 18 is that much a stretch.
DeMeco case in point available with 33rd pick
Old 02-06-2008   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like GBN report but here's some interesting notes:

1. LT Chris Williams at 12 to Denver...this guys slowly creeping up into the 1st and is now going 12!

2. I'm okay if we drafted Felix Jones, preferably in a trade down. However there are other players I would definitly draft before him. I think Jones will be a good RB in the nfl if he's splitting carries which is the popular thing to do now.

OLB Keith Rivers
CB Antoine Cason (I look at him hard at 18...if he's still there at 50 I think about trading up for him)
CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Aqib Talib
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #20
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft2.html also has Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie going to GB #30, but the Texans drafting Kenny Phillips.
Don't trust them.

a week before the draft last year they had Gonzales going to us in the 3rd.

i got my hopes up to...
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read