Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-06-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Playoffs? Playoffs in Seattle? Are you kidding me?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
Report: Jim Mora to be officially named Mike Holmgren's successor with Seahawks
By GREGG BELL, AP Sports Writer
February 6, 2008

SEATTLE (AP) -- Jim Mora, long assumed to be the successor to Mike Holmgren in Seattle, reportedly will be announced Wednesday as the Seahawks next coach.

Multiple reports Tuesday night said that the Seahawks will introduce the 46-year-old former head coach of the Atlanta Falcons as their coach for 2009 and beyond, following Holmgren's final season in Seattle.

Foxsports.com cited "league sources" in saying Mora will replace Holmgren. ESPN.com reported the same, adding that Mora has a new five-year contract with the Seahawks while citing "a source close to Mora."
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Playoffs? Playoffs in Seattle? Are you kidding me?

this is of course the younger Mora.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
this is of course the younger Mora.
forgot his son was named jim also
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
forgot his son was named jim also
Yeah, he's already a DB's coach for the Hawks. I'd like to see what he can do as a coach without Vick.

Personally, I didn't think it was wise for Holmgren to publicly admit this was his last year. The media will be nagging him all year about it.

Last edited by HOU-TEX; 02-06-2008 at 03:03 PM.
HOU-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

how many times has this happened by the way? not a coach saying this is his final year, but already having a guy picked out and ready to go and OFFICIALLY named the next coach in about a year?
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Weird part is the same thing is happening with the Colts, too. They already have the next HC on the staff when Dungy leaves after next season.
Old 02-06-2008   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

That would make me wonder how much Holmgren actually wants to coach? If he already know he's going to retire and has his successor already lined up, how much will his head be in the game?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2008   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
That would make me wonder how much Holmgren actually wants to coach? If he already know he's going to retire and has his successor already lined up, how much will his head be in the game?
Last chance to get another ring .... depends on how he approaches it, I guess.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read