Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 02-06-2008   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Suggestions to FO

I think TC may have done this before, but post legitimate suggestions you'd like sent to the front office. I think Bullpen concerns have already sufficiently been address.

Here's one I thought of:

In addition to, or maybe in lieu of the season ticket gifts, maybe develop a point system that can be redeemed for gifts. Kind of like credit card points. Maybe X points for every year you renew a PSL/season ticket per PSL/ticket, plus X for every game your tickets are scanned at (like Toro's Extra Points, kind of...), and maybe bonus points for every ticket scanned in more than an hour before kick off (they want people in their seats early, right??)

And gifts (or Go Texans store cash?) such that if you go to every game, you can get about a $40 item. So if you have 2 seats, and you attend every game, you can get a jersey at the end of the year.

This would eliminate getting a binder 4/5 years...

Another idea, maybe have unique gift for PSL/season ticket holder anniversaries; something every 5 years? Gold watch at 50?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Suggestions to FO

I would like to humbly suggest that they dedicate more advertising and reaching out around Texas, i.e. San Antonio, Austin, RGV, etc. and build the fan base.

And not that I have ever been, but I here the open practices (from people here on the MB) during TC are a cluster. That needs to be improved judging by the feedback from fellow posters.
Old 02-06-2008   #3
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Expand their radio network into New Mexico, I hate hearing about the Cowboys all the time!
Old 02-06-2008   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Suggestions to FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I would like to humbly suggest that they dedicate more advertising and reaching out around Texas, i.e. San Antonio, Austin, RGV, etc. and build the fan base.
I will add that in.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 02-06-2008   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 162338 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And not that I have ever been, but I here the open practices (from people here on the MB) during TC are a cluster. That needs to be improved judging by the feedback from fellow posters.
You beat me to it, Hardcore. Props. I second this wholeheartedly.
Old 02-06-2008   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone please ask Gary Kubiak to either stop tapping the podium or stop wearing rings when giving a presser.
Old 02-06-2008   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Cool Re: Suggestions to FO

Revive the "Road Show." This may mean lowering the asking price.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2008   #8
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Amen brotha! Props!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375231 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Good points. I have nothing to add, except maybe win more than 8 next season.
Old 02-06-2008   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

When you arrive at the stadium, there are several parking attendants controlling incoming traffic. They sometimes get annoying, but there's no denying that incoming traffic is handled pretty well. When you leave, however, it's a nightmare for people to merge and get out. There are no attendants or traffic cops. Since they're charging more now for the same piece of asphalt, they can assign some traffic management personnel to the parking lots at departure time.
Old 02-06-2008   #11
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
When you arrive at the stadium, there are several parking attendants controlling incoming traffic. They sometimes get annoying, but there's no denying that incoming traffic is handled pretty well. When you leave, however, it's a nightmare for people to merge and get out. There are no attendants or traffic cops. Since they're charging more now for the same piece of asphalt, they can assign some traffic management personnel to the parking lots at departure time.
I have been stopped 20' from the gate so someone could check my parking passes in Platinum at about half the games last year. They explained that some of the vehicles were turning from the Blue Lot into Platinum. Apparently they didn't explain it to the guy checking the tickets because he didn't understand why he was doing it but he was just doing it. The guy watched as I me drove to the gate, hand the ticket over to get scanned, get my newspaper and then drive 20' to him.
Old 02-06-2008   #12
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 36624 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that there should be some way that for some of the better known fan sites that should allow them to get media access...

Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #13
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

More recognition to the Bull Pen. Most people (including most players) have no idea what the "Bull Pen" is. Even David Carr a couple of years ago asked, "What's the Bull Pen"? Security ushers players AWAY from the Bull Pen when they try to come over and say hello as they're running off the field. Wasn't this section created to become another Dawg Pound or Green Bay's "South End Zone"? A world-famous cheering section? When not even the players know we exist, how do the other fans? We in the Bull Pen know who we are and what we are, but let's figure out a way to get some respect.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #14
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

With the additional cost of parking, how about providing some electricity out in the Tailgate areas.....
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #15
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos View Post
I think that there should be some way that for some of the better known fan sites that should allow them to get media access...

How about this? Getting YOU access to the field because YOU and the website you post to is the only pictoral historical record that the Texans have of their team. It is a treasure. Something they should encourage.

I'm not sure of a point system thingy for gifts because I believe that would be logisitically difficult. I think they should give away more flags because I love seeing them.

I would like for there to be a big ole huge bar area behind the Bull Pen side of the stadium like there is for the other side of the stadium. With food things. And not just one overworked server who makes people late getting back to their seats. I talked to the Kolache Factory people and they said they would be happy to put an area back there.
Old 02-07-2008   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375231 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
More recognition to the Bull Pen. Most people (including most players) have no idea what the "Bull Pen" is. Even David Carr a couple of years ago asked, "What's the Bull Pen"? Security ushers players AWAY from the Bull Pen when they try to come over and say hello as they're running off the field. Wasn't this section created to become another Dawg Pound or Green Bay's "South End Zone"? A world-famous cheering section? When not even the players know we exist, how do the other fans? We in the Bull Pen know who we are and what we are, but let's figure out a way to get some respect.
I know some of the players know about the Bull Pen. When we've gone to All Access, we wear our gear of course (jerseys, hard hats, etc.). And we've been asked by a few players if we are from the Bull Pen.
Old 02-07-2008   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I know some of the players know about the Bull Pen. When we've gone to All Access, we wear our gear of course (jerseys, hard hats, etc.). And we've been asked by a few players if we are from the Bull Pen.
You should offer them your autograph.

It's just the polite thing for famous people to do.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #18
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 36624 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
How about this? Getting YOU access to the field because YOU and the website you post to is the only pictoral historical record that the Texans have of their team. It is a treasure. Something they should encourage.
Just a FYI...Now that we have moved to a new host at our ISP and we are not running into space problems...

I am in the process of putting up the pictures I got from the first 2 seasons...It is only 2 games the first year since I didn't have season tickets yet...

The bad thing is since I was still using a film camera back then, there are only about 720 pictures total...That is what I now normally put up for a single game...
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #19
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 70160 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if those in other lots have the problem of parking being directed to 2 seperate areas within their lots, but for the Yeller Dwellers, this is the case. Those who park on the grass and those who park on the concrete. This usually results in cars in a left lane trying to get across 3 lanes to go to the right to get to the concrete causing a traffic mess right where the 4 lanes bottleneck into 1.

There was a game last year where they had signage declaring 2 right lanes for concrete and 2 left lanes for grass. That seemed to help a little, but they only did it for one game.

I would like to see a seperate gate for those parking on concrete and a seperate gate for the grassy knoll folks.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #20
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 44333 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

I would like to see a seperate gate for those parking on concrete and a seperate gate for the grassy knoll folks.
That would be great, and especially if they continued it after the game as well. That lot is a nightmare to get out of. Sometimes we don't have the extra time to stay for the traffic to die down and just need to get out of there. There's almost no point in getting into your car over there until 2 hours after the game.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read