Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-05-2008   #1
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rivals.com draft 2/4/08

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=763411

The draft Mendenhall crowd will be happy.

I don't see Matt Ryan going #1.

With the the vick fiasco Blank and Co. should look for someone to bring the fans back and pop to the Offense. McFadden is that guy and while I agree Dorsey probably is the safest bet in the draft. Don't think ATL takes that route.

If the Ravens really want to go QB I'm willing to be they'll have their pick between all three top QBs with the 8th slot.

Cinci will probably go D but not sure if Phillips is that guy.

Calais on the bears front makes me feel sorry for opposing Qbs.

Does Detriot really go after a LT to help the line?Nah makes too much sense for Mr. Millen.

This is where the this draft goes by the wayside...Jacksonville will NOT go QB first round. Period. Tennesee will be looking WR I'm thinking. Is Desean Jackson really the #2 receiver in the draft?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rivals.com draft 2/4/08

I would'nt touch a QB #1 in this draft .

I think Miami's best bet would be trade out ... if not then I say they go DL .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the first thing Miami did was announce they would listen to offers, even if they don't receive historical return for the #1 pick they will trade the #1 pick for lesser picks addressing more needs.

Oakland (Al) might be the one who bites, wants McFadden then the fish could take baby sapp (Sedric Ellis) along with their 33rd pick (OL Jeff Otah) the Raiders #35 pick (QB Woodson)) maybe extra pick next draft as well. Parcells will rebuild the lines & take a QB latter with extra pick.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Ryan to me ...and I could be dead wrong...is like forcing Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers at #1. They could be good QBs overall but worth a #1 pick?I say they go Long, DE.

They are one of the smart drafts that has Dallas staying at DB and WR.

I like Mendenhall. I would not complain.
Old 02-05-2008   #5
Polo

Is denver really going CB in the first rd ?

Also, I see a lot of people leaving Dan Connor out of their first round mocks.

I think the guy goes first round easily.
Old 02-05-2008   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
the first thing Miami did was announce they would listen to offers, even if they don't receive historical return for the #1 pick they will trade the #1 pick for lesser picks addressing more needs.

Oakland (Al) might be the one who bites, wants McFadden then the fish could take baby sapp (Sedric Ellis) along with their 33rd pick (OL Jeff Otah) the Raiders #35 pick (QB Woodson)) maybe extra pick next draft as well. Parcells will rebuild the lines & take a QB latter with extra pick.
I am of the opinion that Ellis is a better prospect than Dorsey. I have also never been too fond of Dorsey though. That would be a sick haul for the fins.
Old 02-05-2008   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Miami needs to make a statement and I think Parcell will do just that. I expect a trade and a ticket seller to be selected. He has to show the boss that he can secure the cash flow.
Old 02-05-2008   #8
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3248 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Is denver really going CB in the first rd ?

Also, I see a lot of people leaving Dan Connor out of their first round mocks.

I think the guy goes first round easily.
I think him or rivers in the first would be just fine as a #18
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Miami needs to make a statement and I think Parcell will do just that. I expect a trade and a ticket seller to be selected. He has to show the boss that he can secure the cash flow.
I think Miami is going to be fine when it comes to cash flow. There are Dolphins fans all around South Florida. Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers. The list goes on. They have alot of fans to put in the seats. Kind of like Houston. It's not like we grabbed any ticket sellers when we chose Mario Williams, yet the games were still sold out.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I've come to the conclusion that trading the #1 pick is the toughest deal to negotiate "for value" in the NFL, assuming there's not a QB like an Elway or a Manning in the Draft. It's gonna be interesting to see what Parsells does with the 'Phins top pick this year ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #11
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with everyone saying that the Fins won't go QB at #1. I also think they're going to have a tough time trading it, since there's nobody that jumps off of the board as being the obvious top choice, and the dollars for the top picks is just sick. I'm not going to pretend to be a personnel expert, but it seems to me that whoever they have ranked highest between Chris Long, Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis is who they'll take if they indeed aren't able to trade for reasonable value. All three of these guys appear to be worthy of the #1 pick, and I've always subscribed to the "It's what's up front that counts" theory of building/rebuilding a team. Perhaps the one area of life that Ladd Herzeg and I agree on. I also think that's the signal Parcells will want to send with his first ever pick for Miami.

I know from some friends that the fanbase in Atlanta is divided about whether to go QB or best player with #3. First, while I never would have guessed it when he bought the team, I'm not sure that Blank is any better an owner than the Bidwill's and Ford's have always been, and Al Davis has become, so who knows what he's going to do. If I were in his shoes, I'd avoid this years QB crop like the plague, and take whichever of the three guys I mentioned for the Dolphins falls to me. If more than one falls to #3, then I have a choice to make.

Lastly, I'm not expecting anything with the Texans 1st round pick other than a trade, an OLT, or a CB. Personally, I'm hoping that Talib is still there at 18 (Rivals have him going at 16). If he's gone, I'll probably be pulling for Otah.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I think Miami is going to be fine when it comes to cash flow. There are Dolphins fans all around South Florida. Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers. The list goes on. They have alot of fans to put in the seats. Kind of like Houston. It's not like we grabbed any ticket sellers when we chose Mario Williams, yet the games were still sold out.
Did you have empty seats this year as Texans did? Any of your fans thinking about not re-uping for season tickets? Parking income and concessions down? If the owner was ok with income projections, he would not have paid a bundle for Parcels.
Old 02-06-2008   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Building a winning team is what will bring the fans and the cash flow. That's the only thing that will sustain long-term cash flow.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Building a winning team is what will bring the fans and the cash flow. That's the only thing that will sustain long-term cash flow.
Well Bob McNair has managed quite well without a winning team. Just saying.
Old 02-06-2008   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Well Bob McNair has managed quite well without a winning team. Just saying.
He's managed quite well for 6 seasons, hardly long-term. Put in another 6 seasons of the same thing and he won't be doing well at all. I predict we'll be winners by then.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I agree with everyone saying that the Fins won't go QB at #1. I also think they're going to have a tough time trading it, since there's nobody that jumps off of the board as being the obvious top choice, and the dollars for the top picks is just sick. I'm not going to pretend to be a personnel expert, but it seems to me that whoever they have ranked highest between Chris Long, Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis is who they'll take if they indeed aren't able to trade for reasonable value. All three of these guys appear to be worthy of the #1 pick, and I've always subscribed to the "It's what's up front that counts" theory of building/rebuilding a team. Perhaps the one area of life that Ladd Herzeg and I agree on. I also think that's the signal Parcells will want to send with his first ever pick for Miami.

I know from some friends that the fanbase in Atlanta is divided about whether to go QB or best player with #3. First, while I never would have guessed it when he bought the team, I'm not sure that Blank is any better an owner than the Bidwill's and Ford's have always been, and Al Davis has become, so who knows what he's going to do. If I were in his shoes, I'd avoid this years QB crop like the plague, and take whichever of the three guys I mentioned for the Dolphins falls to me. If more than one falls to #3, then I have a choice to make.

Lastly, I'm not expecting anything with the Texans 1st round pick other than a trade, an OLT, or a CB. Personally, I'm hoping that Talib is still there at 18 (Rivals have him going at 16). If he's gone, I'll probably be pulling for Otah.
Prety damn good post.

If McFaddin is there Atlanta will take him. Mockers are forcing him to the raiders...the Raiders need lineman not RBs. I think Jerry Jones wants McFaddin. I also think he has the peices already in the stable to make the deal work. Lot of good players in the 21-90 spot. Four prospects there could rebuild an aging team quick. 3000 points... a couple of players would make the deal work with the two ones and the two.

If Dallas does trade up....that puts Al into a poition to move up for Long or Ellis.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 02-11-2008 at 05:35 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read