Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-05-2008   #1
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Feb. 6th - National Signing Day

I have a friend that is in close on the Darrell Scott situation & he is telling me that DS has chosen Texas, but MOST of his family is NOT happy with his choice.

He skipped school today to talk to his family some more about what would be best for him. The big draw for Colorado right now is that his uncle plays for them & the campus is A LOT closer than UT.

Also heard from my brother (obsessive Michigan fan) that Terrelle Pryor will be waiting until National Signing Day for BASKETBALL to announce his decision. He is allowed to do this because some of the schools that are chasing him are offering to let him be a two-sport athlete, especially Oregon.

Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #2
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Feb. 6th - National Signing Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I have a friend that is in close on the Darrell Scott situation & he is telling me that DS has chosen Texas, but MOST of his family is NOT happy with his choice.

He skipped school today to talk to his family some more about what would be best for him. The big draw for Colorado right now is that his uncle plays for them & the campus is A LOT closer than UT.

Also heard from my brother (obsessive Michigan fan) that Terrelle Pryor will be waiting until National Signing Day for BASKETBALL to announce his decision. He is allowed to do this because some of the schools that are chasing him are offering to let him be a two-sport athlete, especially Oregon.

Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.
Pryor is all but guaranteed OSU. Oregon is out and it is really down to Michigan and OSU.

Quote:
Pryor to decide Wednesday

Decision day will be at noon Wednesday for Terrelle Pryor.

Pryor, star quarterback at Jeannette High School, said today he is "80 to 90 percent sure" he will announce his choice at a news conference Wednesday. He had been considering pushing back his decision a week or so, and possibly visiting the University of Oregon.

But Pryor said he will not visit Oregon and the Ducks are out of the picture.

"I have to call them today and tell them," Pryor said.

Pryor said he will decide among Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State, although Ohio State and Michigan have been the leaders all along.

Jeannette school officials are also making preparations for the announcement Wednesday in the school gymnasium. Jeannette principal Stu Albaugh said only Pryor's invited guests and media members will be permitted to attend. The public is not welcome.

ESPN and CSTV plan to announce Pryor's decision live. Sports Illustrated and the Washington Post are sending reporters and newspapers from Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan also will be represented.
http://www.post-gazette.com/highscho...s/varsityblog/
Old 02-05-2008   #3
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Mack Brown works his magic yet again. Darrell Scott goes to Texas.

I absolutely love the Boulder campus and its a Top 10 campus no doubt but how can you compete with The University Of Texas? We have the city, the women, the facilities, the campus, the nightlife, the summerlife (Lake Travis FTW), the tradition, National Championship history, and a chance to start as a freshman. I just hope he doesnt go Adrian Peterson on us and punk out at the last moment like AP did.....
Old 02-05-2008   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Mack Brown works his magic yet again. Darrell Scott goes to Texas.

I absolutely love the Boulder campus and its a Top 10 campus no doubt but how can you compete with The University Of Texas? We have the city, the women, the facilities, the campus, the nightlife, the summerlife (Lake Travis FTW), the tradition, National Championship history, and a chance to start as a freshman. I just hope he doesnt go Adrian Peterson on us and punk out at the last moment like AP did.....
I wouldnt be mad at Scott if he chose Colorado. It sounds like his family is all over him to go there & that has to be a lot of pressure.

Plus, he has never really given us the impression that we were definitely his choice, just the front-runner.
Old 02-05-2008   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Julio Jones (#1 WR) is down to Alabama or Florida State.

He's going to be a Nole. I can feel it.

TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Hopefully thats not just wishful thinking on your part.

He has been a Bama lean all year long. Good luck.

As a UT fan, I would love to see you guys snatch Jones from Alabama after all the Appelwhite drama.
Old 02-05-2008   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Pryor is all but guaranteed OSU. Oregon is out and it is really down to Michigan and OSU.

http://www.post-gazette.com/highscho...s/varsityblog/

Sounds like you're right. He will be signing tomorrow.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...880&CID=765305

Quote:
Terrelle Pryor - QB - Jeannette, Pa.
Rivals.com recruiting analyst Mike Farrell confirmed with Terrelle Pryor this morning that he will 100 percent sign tomorrow. He's down to Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State and will announce at 12:05 p.m. ET on television.
Sponsored links
Old 02-05-2008   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
I wouldnt be mad at Scott if he chose Colorado. It sounds like his family is all over him to go there & that has to be a lot of pressure.

Plus, he has never really given us the impression that we were definitely his choice, just the front-runner.
punkout may have been a poor choice of words....was referring to APs 'punkout' more than anything else
Old 02-05-2008   #9
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i just read on rivals that scott might be leaning towards CU... so now im kinda nervous about tomorrow... but scott would be huge to UT's recruiting class
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #10
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
i just read on rivals that scott might be leaning towards CU... so now im kinda nervous about tomorrow... but scott would be huge to UT's recruiting class
We NEED HIM. Cmon Scott. Come on down to UT!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #11
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post

You beat me to it, but here it is anyway.

Darrell Scott - RB - Ventura (Calif.) St. Bonaventure
The nation's No. 1 running back recruit has narrowed his choices to Texas and Colorado, and, according to sources, it appears that the Buffs have the inside track as of Tuesday morning. Will announce at 12:50 p.m. ET on Wednesday at the ESPN Zone in Anaheim.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...880&CID=765305
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #12
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
We NEED HIM. Cmon Scott. Come on down to UT!

i hear you man... but id rather him go to CU then to OU or A&M... i cant wait to see him play at the next level
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

If any of you have rivals subscription, check out Nigel Bradham and his videos. 5 star linebacker from Wakulla county, right by Tallahassee. He is going to FSU. Rediculous talent this guy has. They are saying he could be the next Derrick Brooks. 6-2 230lbs already. Very fast. #1 OLB in the nation, #4 best prospect in Florida, #16 prospect in the nation. He's also rated #3 in best instincts of any LB.

Regarding Texas. D.J Monroe is easily the best recruit that UT has. He was damn good in the Army All-American bowl. He is rated as the fastest corner, apparently he runs a 4.4. 3rd best athlete at the corner position, 5th best cornerback in the nation, 6th best overall prospect in Texas. He's also the #48 rated prospect in the nation according to Rivals. He's undersized at 5-9 and only 165 pounds, but mark my words, this guy will be a great college football player. Another guy I thought was pretty darn good was Dravannti Johnson. He's listed as a middle linebacker, but apparently he played alot of DE and OLB in high school. Looking at his videos, he seems like a brick wall. A couple tackles he striaght up picks the RB up and slams him down. Also he apparently runs a 4.6, which probably helped him out when he also played DE in high school.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 02-05-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-05-2008   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
If any of you have rivals subscription, check out Nigel Bradham and his videos. 5 star linebacker from Wakulla county, right by Tallahassee. He is going to FSU. Rediculous talent this guy has. They are saying he could be the next Derrick Brooks. 6-2 230lbs already. Very fast. #1 OLB in the nation, #4 best prospect in Florida, #16 prospect in the nation. He's also rated #3 in best instincts of any LB.

Regarding Texas. D.J Monroe is easily the best recruit that UT has. He was damn good in the Army All-American bowl. He is rated as the fastest corner, apparently he runs a 4.4. 3rd best athlete at the corner position, 5th best cornerback in the nation, 6th best overall prospect in Texas. He's also the #48 rated prospect in the nation according to Rivals. He's undersized at 5-9 and only 165 pounds, but mark my words, this guy will be a great college football player. Another guy I thought was pretty darn good was Dravannti Johnson. He's listed as a middle linebacker, but apparently he played alot of DE and OLB in high school. Looking at his videos, he seems like a brick wall. A couple tackles he striaght up picks the RB up and slams him down. Also he apparently runs a 4.6, which probably helped him out when he also played DE in high school.
Personally, I think that Aaron Williams is UT's best recruit. It's a travesty that Rivals hasnt given him a 5th star.

#36 player in the nation
#1 Safety in the class
#4 player in Texas

Safety Rankings:
Ball Skills - 1st
Coverage Skills - 1st
Fastest - 2nd
Old 02-05-2008   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Personally, I think that Aaron Williams is UT's best recruit. It's a travesty that Rivals hasnt given him a 5th star.

#36 player in the nation
#1 Safety in the class
#4 player in Texas

Safety Rankings:
Ball Skills - 1st
Coverage Skills - 1st
Fastest - 2nd
I really shouldnt have wrote easily best recruit considering I havent seen alot of their guys play.
Old 02-05-2008   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I really shouldnt have wrote easily best recruit considering I havent seen alot of their guys play.
How about, "Texas easily has a lot of great recruits"?

Texas doesn't have any blue chips yet (per Rivals) but they have a deep, loaded class this year.
Old 02-05-2008   #17
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

At the last minute, family is more important than just about everything else. Scott goes to Colorado.

BOOOOOO!!!!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
At the last minute, family is more important than just about everything else. Scott goes to Colorado.

BOOOOOO!!!!
Maybe his family should let him make his own decision.

If he chooses Colorado, thats fine.

But if they try to force him to go to Colorado, I'm not okay with that.

The kid probably knows which situation will be better for him more than anyone else does.
Old 02-05-2008   #19
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Feb. 6th - National Signing Day

*fingers crossed*

come on Pryor and 4 star CB (Harris)!!!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
We have the city, the women, the facilities, the campus, the nightlife, the summerlife (Lake Travis FTW), the tradition, National Championship history, and a chance to start as a freshman.
Yes, we do have the ladies. Stone cold foxes.

I used the lion.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read