Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-06-2008   #41
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 08 Free Agent Market

Oh, oh. I just realized that Breuner is a UFA this season. I thought he was under contract. I think he will be 36 this season. This changes my POV some. I still think we are set with 3 TEs as I said and the new O will decrease somewhat the emphasis on TE.
Old 02-06-2008   #42
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Cottam will be gone before the 5th round he is looking to be a good blocking/pass protection / catch the ball kind of TE
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #43
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
The ONLY thing I can see wrong with our TE corps is that Bruener is getting pretty old and Owen Daniels showed a real lack of blocking talent in pass protection and run blocking. I could see if they got a huge TE like Cottram in the 6th or 7th round to take Bruener's role but other than that, I don't see them taking a TE too much earlier than that because we lack our 2nd rounder.
That's two faults right there.

Add to those two Daniels' nasty habit of fumbling. (Somebody get that man some stickum )

Also add that neither Dressen nor Putzier is a speed threat to go deep down the middle of the field. And we all know Bruener is there to support the run game - which, I will say, he does well.

So IMHO, TE can/shouldbe upgraded. But certainly not before our LT, DB, and RB spots are addressed.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #44
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

Add to those two Daniels' nasty habit of fumbling. (Somebody get that man some stickum )

Also add that neither Dressen nor Putzier is a speed threat to go deep down the middle of the field. And we all know Bruener is there to support the run game - which, I will say, he does well.

So IMHO, TE can/shouldbe upgraded. But certainly not before our LT, DB, and RB spots are addressed.
I disagree. I don't think the fumbling is a problem really. Well at least its not a trend. He had a 3 game spell in which he had a fumble other than that he has one fumble in the other 29 games he's played in in his career.

As for his blocking, he's not a LT by any means but he's at least average or better for a TE. Run blocking he's not great at I'll grant you that. But I think TE is about our last concern.

Especially considering Dressens development. He's doesn't have great speed but he certainly fast enough to get open in the flats etc.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #45
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
What about Travelle Wharton from Carolina?
Ask any panther fan and they will say, "yeah what about him, he sucks". We don't need that revolving door for a left tackle.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #46
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I want a DE in FA.
nah, i want a DE in the later rounds of the draft. You know like the bears getting mark anderson in round five of the draft and the guy is an animal. A speed rusher like that would just make mario even tougher.
Old 02-07-2008   #47
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
While I agree with most of what you said, I also think they could target any number of another CB that are going to be FA because not only do we needa starting CB but we also need a nickle CB, that is unless you are satisfied with Faggins as a nickle (I am not) So others like .

CB Drayton Florence (Chargers)
CB Jacques Reeves (Dallas)
CB Domonique Foxworth (Broncos) I know but look who he is playing behind.

Also if you are going to look at another WR out of Davis I would look at Bryant Johnson (Cardinals). Do not forget with injuries I also think a RG could be looked at in FA or at the very least we need depth along the line and almost anyone would be better than roster eating, cap eating and oxygen waisting Jordan Black.
if we take reeves i'm selling my seats..lol...that guy is a joke and is not a nfl caliber player. Get a corner in the draft..we are not that far away so lets build thru the draft and let these young guys grow together.
Sponsored links
Old 02-07-2008   #48
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Horror View Post
I'm all for Asomugha. He had an incredible number of interceptions in 2006. (Was rarely thrown against last season.) Bringing him in will increase the Texans turn-overs, which the Texans have said is one of their biggest priorities during the offseason. Bennett looked good, and I think he will hold his own, at least until Dunta returns. (JMO, Dunta will return.) This is a huge upgrade to the backfield, and the sort of move that could take the Texans from a mediocre team to a play-off team.
The raiders might be one of the worst teams in the league but they are still not stupid. Asoumugha is not leaving oakland. He is part of the reason we got tricked into the buchanon deal.
Old 02-07-2008   #49
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

Would you upgrade TE before outside line backer or DE?
Old 02-07-2008   #50
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I disagree. I don't think the fumbling is a problem really. Well at least its not a trend. He had a 3 game spell in which he had a fumble other than that he has one fumble in the other 29 games he's played in in his career.

As for his blocking, he's not a LT by any means but he's at least average or better for a TE. Run blocking he's not great at I'll grant you that. But I think TE is about our last concern.

Especially considering Dressens development. He's doesn't have great speed but he certainly fast enough to get open in the flats etc.

Mike
You and I are on same page here Mike. I remember one of OD's fumbles and I thought "Crap! I hope he gets up." Say what you want but there will be some hits that cause fumbles. How many TEs do we need in the new offense? Are OD, Putzier and Dreesen enough? I say yes.
Old 02-07-2008   #51
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

TE is not going to make or break this team but free agency can. its a much shorter list of players drafted by the Texans than aquired via free agency. its vital that Rick Smith upgrades a position when needed if the opportunity exists (Free agency signing begins Fri, February 29, 2008) one things for sure we won't have long to wait.

In response to badboys constant attacks that the TE postion is set "OD, Putzier and Dreesen enough? I say yes." or "Would you upgrade TE before outside line backer or DE?" nobody is saying that. And this assessment, "I repeat, tight end is a strength in this O and nothing of significance will be done to add." but then adds "A cheap FA or lower round pick may be used as BPA only" & thats all I'm saying. really, the best player(s) on this team is a DE & LB, both drafted. Morlan Greenwood is your FA aquisition, overpayed to get him too, while Charlie Anderson drafted by the Texans, showed late season progress & looks like a player to me. Danny Clark was an excellent free agent aquisition, but do the Texans resign him? then you have Zac Diles who the Texans seem to have plans for the future. LB is just as set as TE which means both are fair game.

I'll trust Rick Smith to know who the best value/fit FA players to target. He'll be locked & loaded to reach out & make some signings @ the stroke of midnight, Feb 27th primarily to address CB with the guy the Texans want. the question should be who is that FA CB working under the salary cap restraints? frankly I just don't see the Texans inking impact CB because of excessive contract demands & that the Texans will use the 1st pick on one.
Just look how the Texans starting roster finished the 07 season with 15 FA starters (LT Ephraim Salaam, C Mike Flanagan, RG Mike Brisiel, FB Vonta Leach, RB Ron Dayne, WR Kevin Walter, LDE Anthony Weaver, SLB Danny Clark, WLB Morlon Greenwood, RCB Von Hutchins, FS Will Demps, P Matt Turk, K Kris Brown, KOR André Davis, LS Bryan Pittman ) & 11 drafted starters (WR Andre Johnson, LG Chester Pitts, RT Eric Winston, TE Owen Daniels, DT Amobi Okoye, NT Travis Johnson, RDE Mario Williams, MLB DeMeco Ryans, LCB Fred Bennett, SS C.C. Brown, PR Jacoby Jones.

So here is the breakdown. Texans should add one starter via FA. would he replace someone drafted or another former FA? In a best case scenero the Texans should add at least two starters via the draft (1st & 3rd rd. picks). remember the roster is constantly getting better & improving to the point that its not as easy to upgrade positions. I'm going out on a line & suggesting the Texans upgrade/draft a CB & RB. that replaces RCB Von Hutchins & Ron Dayne rearranging the total # of starters drafted to 13 & # of FA starters to 13.

I forgot to mention in my original post Carolina LT Travelle Wharton http://www.panthers.com/Team/PlayerBio.aspx?id=8134 because it would be surprising to see him becoming a free agent, he's young, talented & developing into a pretty decent LT, but they also are faced with losing RT Jordon Gross so just maybe? anyway it would take 1st rd. kinda money which would use most of the available cap space, along with resinging Andre Davis, Will Demps, Fred Weary & extending Dunta. Pure specualtion on my part, for a little more money they could also take a shot at Asante Samuel then use the 1st pick on a LT. either way it works for me, the roster is upgraded & more balanced.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #52
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post

I forgot to mention in my original post Carolina LT Travelle Wharton http://www.panthers.com/Team/PlayerBio.aspx?id=8134 because it would be surprising to see him becoming a free agent, he's young, talented & developing into a pretty decent LT, but they also are faced with losing RT Jordon Gross so just maybe? anyway it would take 1st rd. kinda money which would use most of the available cap space, along with resinging Andre Davis, Will Demps, Fred Weary & extending Dunta. Pure specualtion on my part, for a little more money they could also take a shot at Asante Samuel then use the 1st pick on a LT. either way it works for me, the roster is upgraded & more balanced.
Why do you think that they will extend Dunta this off season?
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #53
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by feebleminded View Post
Why do you think that they will extend Dunta this off season?
the Texans might want to lock him up before he is a free agent (09). would be a good time to use salary cap now to extend a key & underpaid franchise type of player like they did last off season with Andre Johnson. the injury complicates circumstances but a little faith on both sides could be equally rewarding. thats all I meant, sorry if not more specific.
Old 02-07-2008   #54
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the Texans might want to lock him up before he is a free agent (09). would be a good time to use salary cap now to extend a key & underpaid franchise type of player like they did last off season with Andre Johnson. the injury complicates circumstances but a little faith on both sides could be equally rewarding. thats all I meant, sorry if not more specific.
It would be a risky move, but we might be able to sign him for less this year than what we would sign him for after next year.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #55
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

We could sign him at a lower price while he is injured this offseason, as well as put in an injury clause and make it more of an incentive contract with a lower base pay.
Old 02-07-2008   #56
beerlover
Site Contributor

should mention current Texans Unrestricted/Restricted Free Agents-

UFA

Alexander, Roc
Anderson, Charlie
Barry, Kevin
Bruener, Mark
Clark, Danny
Davis, Andre
Dayne, Ron
Demps, Will
Earl, Glenn
Hutchins, Von
Kalu, N.D.
Killings, Cedric
Simmons, Jason
Turk, Matt
Weary, Fred
Wynn, Dexter

RFA

Brown, CC
Maddox, Anthony
Mathis, Jerome
Old 02-07-2008   #57
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope they address CB in free agency so we can draft Jonathan Stewart. Or trade down and draft Mendenhall. I'd rather have a young unproven with potential at RB than an older back with fewer years left on his legs, regardless of past showings. We have that already with Green and Dayne.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #58
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
TE is not going to make or break this team but free agency can. its a much shorter list of players drafted by the Texans than aquired via free agency. its vital that Rick Smith upgrades a position when needed if the opportunity exists (Free agency signing begins Fri, February 29, 2008) one things for sure we won't have long to wait.

In response to badboys constant attacks that the TE postion is set "OD, Putzier and Dreesen enough? I say yes." or "Would you upgrade TE before outside line backer or DE?" nobody is saying that. And this assessment, "I repeat, tight end is a strength in this O and nothing of significance will be done to add." but then adds "A cheap FA or lower round pick may be used as BPA only" & thats all I'm saying. really, the best player(s) on this team is a DE & LB, both drafted. Morlan Greenwood is your FA aquisition, overpayed to get him too, while Charlie Anderson drafted by the Texans, showed late season progress & looks like a player to me. Danny Clark was an excellent free agent aquisition, but do the Texans resign him? then you have Zac Diles who the Texans seem to have plans for the future. LB is just as set as TE which means both are fair game.

I'll trust Rick Smith to know who the best value/fit FA players to target. He'll be locked & loaded to reach out & make some signings @ the stroke of midnight, Feb 27th primarily to address CB with the guy the Texans want. the question should be who is that FA CB working under the salary cap restraints? frankly I just don't see the Texans inking impact CB because of excessive contract demands & that the Texans will use the 1st pick on one.
Just look how the Texans starting roster finished the 07 season with 15 FA starters (LT Ephraim Salaam, C Mike Flanagan, RG Mike Brisiel, FB Vonta Leach, RB Ron Dayne, WR Kevin Walter, LDE Anthony Weaver, SLB Danny Clark, WLB Morlon Greenwood, RCB Von Hutchins, FS Will Demps, P Matt Turk, K Kris Brown, KOR André Davis, LS Bryan Pittman ) & 11 drafted starters (WR Andre Johnson, LG Chester Pitts, RT Eric Winston, TE Owen Daniels, DT Amobi Okoye, NT Travis Johnson, RDE Mario Williams, MLB DeMeco Ryans, LCB Fred Bennett, SS C.C. Brown, PR Jacoby Jones.

So here is the breakdown. Texans should add one starter via FA. would he replace someone drafted or another former FA? In a best case scenero the Texans should add at least two starters via the draft (1st & 3rd rd. picks). remember the roster is constantly getting better & improving to the point that its not as easy to upgrade positions. I'm going out on a line & suggesting the Texans upgrade/draft a CB & RB. that replaces RCB Von Hutchins & Ron Dayne rearranging the total # of starters drafted to 13 & # of FA starters to 13.

Beerlover, take a breath and review your thread as I just did. You accuse me of "constant attacks". Here is the flow with me paraphrasing some posters.

Post 1: Beerlover "TE is a surprise need.."
Post 18: BuddyBoy "I think it (TE) is a point of strength"
Post 19: Badboy agrees with BuddyBoy
Post 22: DallasTexan "No way do we need to glance at another TE. We can draft one in 6th for depth."
Post 30: Badboy discusses costs of cutting current TEs like Breuner. I said TE is a strength not a weakness.
Post 32: Beerlover "any Texans fan who has been aware of Texans' needs & shortcomings knows TE is and has never been one of it's strengths". You chose to insult me and others in that if we disagree with you we "could not be aware".
Post 35: Maddict5 "We can get TEs cheap.. I'm not too worried about it."
Post 36: Badboy disagreed with Beerlover's post #32 and offered a reasonable assessment for my opinion. My quote was TE is a strength in this O and nothing ofsignificance will be done. I then said a cheap FA or lower round draft pick might be used if TE was the BPA. In other words, we would not waste even a lower pick on a MLB or QB.
Post 38: Bong responding to my post "Only thing wrong with TE corps is Breuner's age and OD's blocking. Could see huge TE like Cottham in sixth or 7th". Agreeing with what I said.
Post 39: TexansSeminole: "I agree with you (Badboy) if we add another TE it will be later rounds." Again indicating TE is not a surprising need.
Post 40: Another sarcastic insulting post by Beerlover "Well, if TE is a strength that's not saying much is it?" This post did offer good info to support your POV and seemed to back off your original statement concerning "surprising need."
Post 41: Badboy catches error that TE Breuner is an UFA.
Post 44: Texan Mike "But I think TE is about our least concern".

I thought the MB was a place for fans to discuss Texans football. To agree and disagree. Of the many that disagreed with your opinion, it is interesting that you thought I was attacking you. The attack seems to be from you towards me. My assessment may be from an ass in you opinion, but at least I can make mine known without name calling.
Old 02-08-2008   #59
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
should mention current Texans Unrestricted/Restricted Free Agents-

UFA

Alexander, Roc
Anderson, Charlie
Barry, Kevin
Bruener, Mark
Clark, Danny
Davis, Andre
Dayne, Ron
Demps, Will
Earl, Glenn
Hutchins, Von
Kalu, N.D.
Killings, Cedric
Simmons, Jason
Turk, Matt
Weary, Fred
Wynn, Dexter

RFA

Brown, CC
Maddox, Anthony
Mathis, Jerome
Comprehensive list '08 Free agents:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...sitionlist.htm
Old 02-08-2008   #60
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
It would be a risky move, but we might be able to sign him for less this year than what we would sign him for after next year.
Yes it is a risky move. The main quetion should be who will the Texans want to tag in '09 ? If you don't do something this offseaon....then you'll have to use the tag on him in '09. Or get held up in a bidding war. Just keep an eye on what Samuels will comand in the open market.

I'm not advocating either way....but to redo the deal now would defer a lot of money down the line. And yes it would be a huge gamble.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 02-08-2008 at 04:54 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read