Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-03-2008   #1
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default compilation of mock drafts

I am a little board and I have done this before. This is a compilation of the Texans, ICOU, Jags and 'Girls first round draft picks as per multiple draft sites. Of course the players named will change as time goes on. Today is Feb 2nd.

Football's Future.

Texans-Jonathon Stewart RB Oregon
ICOU-Limas Sweed WR Texas
Jags-Lawrence Jackson DE USC
Girls-#22-Felix Jones RB Arkansas, #28-Reggie Smith DB Oklahoma

Draft Countdown

Texans-Kenny Phillips S Miami
Jags-Calais Campbell DE Miami
Girls-#22-Aqib Talib CB Kansas, #28-Felix Jones RB Arkansas

Draft Tek

Texans-Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon
ICOU-Earl Doucet WR LSU
Jags-Limas Sweed WR Texas
Girls-#22-D Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tenn ST, #28-Felix Jones RB Arkansas

Draft Ace

Texans-Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois
ICOU-Mario Manningham WR Michigan
Jags-Phillip Merling DE Clemson
Girls-#22-Felix Jones RB Arkansas, #28-D Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tenn ST.

Draft Dog

Texans-Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College
Jags-DeSean Jackson WR California
Girls-#22-Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma, #28-D Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tenn ST.

The Football Experts

Girls-#22-Calais Campbell DE Miami, #28-Felix Jones RB Arkansas

Draft King

Texans-Reggie Smith CB Oklahoma
Jags-Early Doucet WR LSU
Girls-#22-Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma, #28-Felix Jones RB Arkansas

Draft Borard Insider (This is an older one)

Texans-Sam Baker OT SoCal
ICOU-Adarius bowman WR OKlahoma ST.
Jags-Derrick Harvey DE Florida
Girls-#22-Antoine Cason CB Arizona, #31-Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois

FFToolbox

Jags-Dan Connor OLB Penn State
Girls-#22-Leodis McKelvin CB Troy, Felix Jones RB Arkansas

NFL Report

Texans-Steve Slaton RB West Virginia
Jags-Vernon Gholston DE Ohio St
Girls-#22-Leodis McKelvin CB Troy, Chris Williams OT Vanderbelt

Links to all can be found at

http://www.footballsfuture.com/mocklinks.html

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #2
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: compilation of mock drafts

Very nice! It's intresting to see some websites listing DE's (Campbell) for our first round pic even though we've spent the last 3 picks on defensive linemen. What they don't understand is that the city of Houston would burn Reliant if the Texans picked ANOTHER defensive lineman with our first pick when other positions are a major need. It follows the same logic as saying the tacks will pick Limas Sweed simply because he's a Longhorn....in other words...history should repeat itself. I think the majority have a RB which is questionable given our new assistant head coach. However, he might take one good look at Ahman Green and literally crap his pants, begging McNair to consider Mendenhall or Stewart.
Old 02-03-2008   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default PFW: And now for something completly different

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...7/mock2229.htm

18. Houston Texans OT Gosder Cherilus | Boston College

Struggled as a senior, but he is still loaded with natural ability and could help keep Matt Schaub healthy in 2008 — a task an average offensive line could not do.

22. Malcom Kelly 28. Felix Jones.
Old 02-03-2008   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Very nice! It's intresting to see some websites listing DE's (Campbell) for our first round pic even though we've spent the last 3 picks on defensive linemen. What they don't understand is that the city of Houston would burn Reliant if the Texans picked ANOTHER defensive lineman with our first pick when other positions are a major need. It follows the same logic as saying the tacks will pick Limas Sweed simply because he's a Longhorn....in other words...history should repeat itself. I think the majority have a RB which is questionable given our new assistant head coach. However, he might take one good look at Ahman Green and literally crap his pants, begging McNair to consider Mendenhall or Stewart.
for the record, I would welcome Calais Campbell if he where selected by the Texans. a pair of bookend DE's both towering 6070 would be mighty intimidating. I can't remember any DE's with such size & athletic ability, but scouts/teams will wake up & smell the the reason Calais came out early was to be a top 15 pick & along with Kenny Phillips felt wasted in Miami.

I'm not down with any of the 1st rd. graded WR's. speaking of which was watching the skills contest & could not help but notice Jamaal Charles athletic ability, speed & receiving ability. he looks like a natural in the slot WR/3rd down situational back, would be a luxury to have in our lineup & present match-up problems for NFL LB's.

Mendenhall is the only RB that stands out to me now with the 18th pick. Just don't understand where Jonathan Stewarts head is at, seems to me like he got bad advise to come out early, it would have helped him to stay in school one more year to really appreciate the opportunity
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #5
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

With the potential to land any one of those picks, I would be totally comfortable if the Texans traded down. They would still get an impact player at a position of need, and acquire another draft pick to do the same.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Mendenhall is the only RB that stands out to me now with the 18th pick.
w00t Mendenhall!

I'd be happy with Kenny Phillips though :music:

and I'm sure I could be sold on a few of the tackle prospects if I learned more about them

and dual-threat DE's with monster size and ability .... wow
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just don't understand where Jonathan Stewarts head is at, seems to me like he got bad advise to come out early, it would have helped him to stay in school one more year to really appreciate the opportunity
What did Stewart do?

And who can tell me what ICOU means?
Old 02-03-2008   #8
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

And who can tell me what ICOU means?
I believe it's Incestuous Children Of Uranus.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
I believe it's Incestuous Children Of Uranus.
Alrighty then...
Old 02-03-2008   #10
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
for the record, I would welcome Calais Campbell if he where selected by the Texans. a pair of bookend DE's both towering 6070 would be mighty intimidating. I can't remember any DE's with such size & athletic ability, but scouts/teams will wake up & smell the the reason Calais came out early was to be a top 15 pick & along with Kenny Phillips felt wasted in Miami.

I'm not down with any of the 1st rd. graded WR's. speaking of which was watching the skills contest & could not help but notice Jamaal Charles athletic ability, speed & receiving ability. he looks like a natural in the slot WR/3rd down situational back, would be a luxury to have in our lineup & present match-up problems for NFL LB's.

Mendenhall is the only RB that stands out to me now with the 18th pick. Just don't understand where Jonathan Stewarts head is at, seems to me like he got bad advise to come out early, it would have helped him to stay in school one more year to really appreciate the opportunity
I'll respectfully disagree with you on the Campbell pick. I would be pissed if we selected him considering the state of our secondary and the age of our LT. I don't think DE is a neccesity when Manning, Joey Harrington, VY, and Grey from Jax are throwing 2-3 TD's against our crappy secondary. It's embarassing.

However, you suggested Mendenhall at #18....I'm on board with that one.
Old 02-03-2008   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
I'll respectfully disagree with you on the Campbell pick. I would be pissed if we selected him considering the state of our secondary and the age of our LT. I don't think DE is a neccesity when Manning, Joey Harrington, VY, and Grey from Jax are throwing 2-3 TD's against our crappy secondary. It's embarassing.

However, you suggested Mendenhall at #18....I'm on board with that one.
I agree we shouldn't select a DE in the first, and I would not be upset with Mendenhall at 18.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #12
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Alrighty then...
Actually Inbred Children of Uranus but the point is the same.

Old 03-08-2008   #13
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
I am a little board and I have done this before. This is a compilation of the Texans, ICOU, Jags and 'Girls first round draft picks as per multiple draft sites. Of course the players named will change as time goes on.

Football's Future.

Texans-Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt
Jags-Calais Campbell, DE, Miami
Girls-#22-Reggie Smith, DB Okla, #28-Chris Johnson, RB, E. Carolina

Draft Countdown

Texans-Chris Williams OT, Vanderbilt
ICOU-Desean Jackson WR Cali.
Jags-Lawrence Jackson DE, USC
Girls-#22-Felix Jones RB, Ark. #28-Mario ManninghamWR, Mich

Draft Tek

Texans-Mike Jenkins CB, S. Florida
Jags-Calais Campbell DE, Miami
Girls-#22-Aqib Talib CB, Kansas, #28-James Hardy WR, Indiana

Draft Ace

Girls-#22-Felix Jones RB Arkansas, #28-D Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tenn ST.

Draft Dog

Texans-Rashard Mendenhall RB, Illinios
ICOU-DeSean Jackson WR, Cali.
Jags-DeSean Jackson WR California
Girls-#22-Felix Jones RB Arkansas , #28-Reggie Smith CB, Okla

The Football Experts

Girls-#22-D. Roger-Cromartie Tenn St, #28-James Hardy WR, Indiana

Draft King

Texans-Chris Williams OT, Vanderbilt
ICOU-DeSean Jackson WR, Cal.
Jags-Quentin Groves OLB/DE, Auburn
Girls-#22-Felix Jones RB Arkansas #28-Devin Thomas WR, Mich St.

Draft Borard Insider (This is an older one)

Texans-Jonathan Stewart RB, Oregon
ICOU-Malcolm Kelly, WR, Okla
Girls-#22-Mike Jenkins CB, S. Florida, #31-Limas Sweed WR, TX

FFToolbox

Jags-Phillip Merling DE, Clemson
Girls-#22-Felix Jones RB, Arkansas, Mario Manningham WR, Mich

NFL Report

Texans-Steve Slaton RB West Virginia
Jags-Calais Campbell DE, Miami
Girls-#22-Leodis McKelvin CB Troy, Gosder Cherilus OT, BC

Links to all can be found at

http://www.footballsfuture.com/mocklinks.html

I have updated this for after the combine. I thought it might be interesting to see how peoples picks have changed. Today is 3/8/2008

Old 03-08-2008   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Campbell has dissapointed me both @ the combine & his pro day, I'll admit that, but I'm still in favor of drafting an edge rusher to compliment our young DL.

I've watched enough of Calais to know he has all the skills to succeed @ the next level. so here is a new model- trade down with one of teams who have two 2nd rd. picks in exhange for the #18th pick. in addtion to their 2nd rd. pick the Texans are to receive their #1 pick next draft (09). if by chance Campbell is there in the 2nd maybe Jethro & Rhodes can build him back up into a playmaking DE that solves our rushing woes. your not going to need lock-down corners if the QB can't set & throw

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #15
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Since all ten of them have the Titans taking a WR, I bet they take a DE or DB.

Old 03-09-2008   #16
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

they'll prob draft a wr to keep fat albert happy.....

im in the calais camp too (once harvey is gone).. i look at his poor tests as an opportunity for us because if he had tested well, in addition to his game tape, we likely wouldn't have the opportunity to get him
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read