Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2004   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default You talk about a team making a Msg. Board's attitude change...

LOL man,it was like a different team came out in the 2nd half...what a win by the texans!! Sweeping the Titans feels damn good. That Dominick Davis run might give him his confidence back hopefully...good win by the boys 2day.

Things I noticed 2day...

~~~> The Texans 2nd half defense was superb in the 2nd half,forcing 2 turnovers (especially the Strip by Gary Walker on McNair,with the ball tucked away)

~~~> Peek came through in the clutch on some pressure,including that forced fumble.

~~~> On some of the short dump offs,the downfield blocking was lovely.

~~~> THEY FINALLY GOT BILLY MILLER INVOLVED IN THE FLOW OF THE OFFENSE (sorry caps,but I cant stress that enough)

~~~> TEN blocked 41-yard field goal attempt by K. Brown. M. Waddell returned for 20 yards<<<<This play here,had me scared,WHOEVER tackled him,should get a game ball,lol.

~~~> The O-Line came to play 2day(especially the 2nd half),making excellent blocks with the run and good pass protection.

~~~> The Texans won...AND THE TITANS DIDNT!!!

31-21 win is nice,on to NY to play the J-E-T-S JETS,gotta be on our a-game,especially the Run Defense.

-Tha Shark
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #2
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Yeah peoples posts gradually started to change as the game went on good turnaround on both sides of the ball that second half.
Old 11-28-2004   #3
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Peek came through in the clutch on some pressure,including that forced fumble.

Really nice to see players stepping it up again. Peek, Wells, Miller .. and kudos to the coaching staff for getting Starling back in there.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #4
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Nice!

Old 11-28-2004   #5
SportsLover83
Rookie

Gosh what a game. I was yelling so loud. haha
Old 11-28-2004   #6
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
~~~> TEN blocked 41-yard field goal attempt by K. Brown. M. Waddell returned for 20 yards<<<<This play here,had me scared,WHOEVER tackled him,should get a game ball,lol.

-Tha Shark
That was Chester Pitts with the tackle, and he flung Waddell out of bounds like he was angry.
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #7
Supertex
Rookie

Yea I was at the game and now I have no voice. They started slow but finished on fire.
Old 11-28-2004   #8
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

My voice is done too...and I was at home watching this...so yeah,u can say I was yelling.
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #9
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

i read this at the bottom of the CBS recap.

Quote:
Titans receiver Derrick Mason was critical of the battered natural grass turf at Reliant Stadium. "That's probably the worse surface I've played on in the NFL," Mason said. "That was like playing on dirt."
everytime we win the game, the other team finds something to complain about.

i was getting real upset with carr, alot of the times on the sack it looked like he just fell down. peek played great, babin looked good on some run plays. our defense has the ability to be a great. we are on the way if we continue to play like we did in the 2nd half.
Old 11-28-2004   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm voiceless as well. One thing I noticed about the game today was that the crowd seemed very affected by the recent losing streak. At the start of the game it was almost like the fans were waiting for the Texans to show them something before really cheering their butts off. It just seemed kind of "creepy calm" during the first half. I had a weird feeling as the game started to spiral out of control before the half and thought Reliant didn't feel like itself. I reminded me of Vinny's comment in another thread about having a bad feeling about this game. I started thinking "Maybe Vinny was on to something there".

When the Texans started coming back after the break the fans seemed to come alive (as I guess you would expect) and by the end of the game the place was rocking. I was pretty surprised at the beginning of the game though. Anyone else think this one started out kind of funny?

Funny strange, not funny "Ha-Ha".
Old 11-28-2004   #11
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I was pretty surprised at the beginning of the game though. Anyone else think this one started out kind of funny?

Funny strange, not funny "Ha-Ha".
Yep! I've NEVER heard the Bull Pen that quiet. I usually start yelling to get people "into the game" at about 24-25 sec. left on the play clock when we're on Defense. Usually, I've got voices joining me by 19 sec.........today I wasn't getting anyone around me motivated in the 1st half AT ALL! It wasn't just visiting fans or ticketmaster travelers either....many of the regulars just didn't seem to "get into it". I tell ya, it was CREEPY!

I really think the fans felt 'hurt' after the Texans last three efforts (or lack thereof) and weren't going to give their heart unless the team showed some life. The first two offensive series from the Titans didn't help that any.
disaacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #12
TexanSuperstar
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TexanSuperstar Send a message via MSN to TexanSuperstar Send a message via Yahoo to TexanSuperstar

Yeah, Today was a great game for all of us! We really played great and i was yelling at the TV on and off! For good and bad calls or plays! It has made my day that both of my top teams won this weekend. I hope this starts a new streak. Us to keep winning!
TexanSuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At the start of the game it was almost like the fans were waiting for the Texans to show them something before really cheering their butts off.
That first hot-knife-through-butter drive by the Titans didn't help, plus the Carr interception two plays into the first drive - then the quick #2 titans TD....

My early game notes were "I thought the boo birds would be out for the offense, not the defense," and "Battle Red is Dead," but luckily the team woke up and gave us something to cheer about.

I was so p*ssed sitting there at 21-3. I thought we were on our way to another Denver or Indy, but thankfully we were playing the Oilers.

The Texans showed a lot of character coming back like they did.

Quote:
Titans receiver Derrick Mason was critical of the battered natural grass turf at Reliant Stadium. "That's probably the worse surface I've played on in the NFL," Mason said. "That was like playing on dirt."
The south end of the field was green mud - especially between the hashes. It was like that for GB too. Most of the field is shaded now, plus there's been very little sunshine to rotate the trays outside to get them growing. The field is not in good shape and it will probably get worse for the Indy and Cleveland games. I made the comment to my wife late in the game that it looked like rodeo grounds out there.

Last edited by aj.; 11-28-2004 at 07:02 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #14
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
.. The south end of the field was green mud - especially between the hashes. It was like that for GB too. Most of the field is shaded now, plus there's been very little sunshine to rotate the trays outside to get them growing. The field is not in good shape and it will probably get worse for the Indy and Cleveland games. I made the comment to my wife late in the game that it looked like rodeo grounds out there.
Green mud? Are they watering the field too much, trying to keep that green look? If that's the case, they ought to ease up and not worry so much about the look, but the playing conditions. Numerous times the chunks of grass flying at the last two games was very noticeable.
Although nothing could look as bad as that mud bowl played in NE today in a driving rain!
Old 11-28-2004   #15
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
The south end of the field was green mud - especially between the hashes. It was like that for GB too. Most of the field is shaded now, plus there's been very little sunshine to rotate the trays outside to get them growing. The field is not in good shape and it will probably get worse for the Indy and Cleveland games. I made the comment to my wife late in the game that it looked like rodeo grounds out there.

Personally, i would not do anything to improve the conditions with the Colts coming in 2 weeks. I muddy bad track might slow down that offense the half a beat to give the Texans a chance.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Perhaps it's time to honestly look at an artificial surface and just be done with it. Reliant isn't really what I consider an outdoor stadium anyway. It's more like a giant indoor arena with a sunroof IMO.

The tray system of course could stay so it could easily be removed for the rodeo and other events that might damage it but it should be trays of a modern artificial surface like Field Turf or a similar product. I admire the Texans "no quit" approach to trying to make grass work in Reliant but it's just not in the cards.
Old 11-28-2004   #17
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

After the game McNair is talking retirement. Probably a lot wrong with Tennessee. We need a win and a Jacksonville loss to be tied for 2nd in our conference. It would be bragging rights, but not much else. We could well finish 2nd in our conference and not be in the playoffs.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #18
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

In fact if we were to beat Indy and someone else beat Indy we could actually be in effect the conference winner, but Indy would have the better record and go to the playoffs. Kind of a strange statistical situation.
Old 11-28-2004   #19
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

The reason I bring that up is that Capers is always talking about conference games. But I got news for everyone, every game is important in the NFL and that includes nonconference games.
Old 11-28-2004   #20
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

well maybe the colts will lose the remainder of there games LOL
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read