Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-31-2008   #1
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Kevin Everett on Oprah

Everyone put it on CBS now, they're interviewing him and it seems to be a good one.
Old 01-31-2008   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Everett on Oprah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Everyone put it on CBS now, they're interviewing him and it seems to be a good one.
After you get done watching, give those of us at work without televisions a quick run-down, please.

Miracles do happen... See Kevin Everett.
Old 01-31-2008   #3
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

anyone got a link to his SI story that was in last months issue. I missed picking it up in stores

i got a tape of the show - gonna watch it tomorrow, i'll update then if no one else has

Last edited by ChrisG; 01-31-2008 at 08:27 PM.
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
anyone got a link to his SE story that was in last months issue. I missed picking it up in stores

i got a tape of the show - gonna watch it tomorrow, i'll update then if no one else has
Sorry, no I don't...

and

Thanks!! That would be great since mr. AnthonyE never got back to us...

Old 02-01-2008   #5
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Sorry, no I don't...

and

Thanks!! That would be great since mr. AnthonyE never got back to us...

Sowwie.

It really wasn't anything special. It was just the same tear jerker story, and most of it was a recap of what happened. They did go through in detail of what happened, what his steps were in rehab, and exactly were his injury took place.

The doctor told him he had like a 1-2 percent chance of walking again. He walked on stage and everyone cheered.

They also talked to the guy Everett was trying to tackle a little bit. He said it was his first game, and he was very excited until Everett was laying on the ground not moving. He felt really bad about it, too. I felt kinda bad for the guy. It was his first NFL game and something like that happens to you.

It was really only like 15 minutes long. But it still made me shed a tear. lol

Sorry if I'm rather vague on what exactly what happened in the show. It's like 9 hours later.
Old 02-01-2008   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Sowwie.

It really wasn't anything special. It was just the same tear jerker story, and most of it was a recap of what happened. They did go through in detail of what happened, what his steps were in rehab, and exactly were his injury took place.

The doctor told him he had like a 1-2 percent chance of walking again. He walked on stage and everyone cheered.

They also talked to the guy Everett was trying to tackle a little bit. He said it was his first game, and he was very excited until Everett was laying on the ground not moving. He felt really bad about it, too. I felt kinda bad for the guy. It was his first NFL game and something like that happens to you.

It was really only like 15 minutes long. But it still made me shed a tear. lol

Sorry if I'm rather vague on what exactly what happened in the show. It's like 9 hours later.

No worries!! Thanks!! I appreciate it..
Old 02-01-2008   #7
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Here's the news story from KHOU's website:

Quote:
Kevin Everett on Oprah's 'Medical Miracles' show today

01:03 PM CST on Thursday, January 31, 2008

By Michelle Homer / KHOU.com

Former Buffalo Bills player Kevin Everett continues to amaze doctors, family members and fans with his remarkable recovery from a devastating spinal injury.

HARPO PRODUCTIONS

Kevin Everett shares his miraculous story with Oprah.
He'll share his story with Oprah today at 4 p.m. on Channel 11.

A tackle in the Bills' season opener left Everett paralyzed from the neck down.

Immediately after his injury, doctors feared he would never walk again.

They were stunned a few days later when Everett began showing voluntary movements in his legs and then his hands.

He was later transferred to Houston's Memorial Hermann/TIRR in the Texas Medical Center because doctors felt it was important for him to be near friends and family.

After months of extensive rehab at TIRR, Everett is able to walk under his own power.

He was released in November.

“I was fortunate to meet many extraordinary people at Memorial Herman/TIRR – many who have suffered the same or similar injury as myself, many of whom I now consider friends. Their courage and determination inspired me to fight every day for recovery of my ability to walk,” Everett said in a statement after his release.

“To my fans: Thank you for your loyalty. To my doctors and physical therapists: Thank you for keeping me healthy and strong. To my friends and family: Thank you for your unwavering love and support. Until next time,” he said.

We'll hear from one of the TIRR doctors who treated him on 11 News at 5 p.m.

Last month, Everett brought many teammates and fans to tears when he stood up from his wheelchair and walked at the Bills' season finale in New York.

Everett is living in Humble and continues as an outpatient at Houston’s Memorial Hermann/TIRR.
http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori....77fe008e.html
Old 02-01-2008   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

"Good Morning America" and "Nightline" both have great pieces on his story.

His doctor made a life saving decision to lower his body's temperature and also his neurosurgeon agreed with that.

His story is amazing! Thank God for the miracles this young man is seeing daily happen in his life and for the doctors who have restored his ability to walk.

The sad part to me is him talking about him being able to hear his teammates telling him to get up and he was trying to but couldn't.

I do believe he has a wonderful attitude as well...and loving family support.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #9
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

yea the show didn't live up to expectations...they only gave vague details that have been in the press alot. I was hoping for something exculsive. I may go out and get his book tho

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read