Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-30-2008   #1
Ali4Real

Question Lets Pump Up This D!

After finishing the season with an 8-8-0 record in possibly one of the toughest divisions in the NFL, I am proud to say we are finally moving towards our ultimate goal: the playoffs and hopefully the Super Bowl.

I am excited by the way Mario Williams has played and was wondering which guys you would like to bring in on defense?

For me I am looking at Shawn Crable (65, 241-Lbs, 4.65 40-yard dash). I think he could become a solid SAM linebacker for us and mesh well with Ryans.

BTW, here is my early defensive depth chart:

DE: Mario Williams

DT: Amobi Okoye

DT: Travis Johnson

DE: Anthony Weaver (Maybe Calais Campbell?)

OLB: Shawn Crable

MLB: DeMeco Ryans

OLB: Morlon Greenwood (Or Boss Bailey or Karlos Dansby)

CB: Fred Bennett

SS: Maybe (Kenny Phillips?)

FS: Wil Demps or Boulaware

CB: Dunta (If he can come back)

Old 01-30-2008   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Lets Pump Up This D!

1. Any reason you wrote our record with the 0 ties thing?

2. Is that Q laying on the ground?

3. Dunta's not gonna be back until at least October.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post

I would ask Brakos for any questions that you might have

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I would ask Brakos for any questions that you might have
But then PapaL might hijack the thread again.
Old 01-30-2008   #5
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yes that is Brady Quinn on the ground.
Old 01-30-2008   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Yes that is Brady Quinn on the ground.
He looks like David Carr...
Old 01-30-2008   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But then PapaL might hijack the thread again.
You gonna let someone come in and take your cornbread? You gotta step up and say "Hey, thats my cornbread and you cant have it."

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-30-2008   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to see us land Briggs at LB, I think he is a UFA IIRC.

As stated Dunta will not be back until at least mid-season. We REALLY need another quality CB.
Old 01-30-2008   #9
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 1332 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali4Real View Post
1. No apparent reason.

2. That's Quinn on the ground.

3. Oh okay, maybe we need a replacement untill then?
Is that really Quinn? He looks black. Maybe just my resolution.
Old 01-30-2008   #10
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Holy crap he does.
Old 01-30-2008   #11
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
You gonna let someone come in and take your cornbread? You gotta step up and say "Hey, thats my cornbread and you cant have it."
"You cant have my cornbread, its My cornbread, someone try and take my cornbread and there'll be consequences and repercussions!!!"

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #12
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
"You cant have my cornbread, its My cornbread, someone try and take my cornbread and there'll be consequences and repercussions!!!"
Either you two are obsessed with corn bread or else it's from a movie.
Old 01-30-2008   #13
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Either you two are obsessed with corn bread or else it's from a movie.

life, with eddie murphy and martin lawrence.. if you havt seen it, it is truly one of the most underrated funny movies, hillarious!!!

Old 01-30-2008   #14
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

To keep this track on thread, I wouldnt mind drafting a CB then moving Dunta over to FS when he gets back...

Old 01-30-2008   #15
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
Is that really Quinn? He looks black. Maybe just my resolution.
He has a tan line.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To keep this track on thread, I wouldnt mind drafting a CB then moving Dunta over to FS when he gets back...
Attention everyone. Disregard this comment.

We dont need ANOTHER thread about this.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #17
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Attention everyone. Disregard this comment.

We dont need ANOTHER thread about this.
thats not very nice, simply a thought/suggestion, and we havn't had many threads on that subject anyway, I brought it up because id like to know what people think......

Old 01-30-2008   #18
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
thats not very nice, simply a thought/suggestion, and we havn't had many threads on that subject anyway, I brought it up because id like to know what people think......
Agreed.

I guess we know how bah feels about it now, lol.

I don't mind it if it has to come to that, but I wouldn't ask for it.

Definitely 3rd worst case scenario.

Last edited by AnthonyE; 01-30-2008 at 11:05 PM.
AnthonyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #19
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dunta probably would not be able to beef up the extra 15 - 30 pounds that would require him being a FS. If he were able to beef up, I seriously doubt that his agility wouldn't suffer (already has a horrific injury to his knee and hamstring) On top of that he never played FS, only SS and CB. All that added up, you get a lot of fans talking about moving a guy to a position he is too small for and has never played.

Why would you do that? If he comes back from the injury and his quickness has taken a hit, then we may move him to SS, but my guess is we move him to a nickel type corner and go ahead and groom his replacement. I think of all the positions in the defensive secondary FS is the LEAST likely position he would play in the '08 or '09 seasons.

That is what I think about this subject, now can we just let it die?
Old 01-30-2008   #20
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Honestly, I think he'd be killed as a FS. Although he's a solid CB who's one of our best tacklers, he's closing from only 5-10 yards tops. Closing from 15 yards against a 225 lb. RB 20-30 times a game isn't what he's built for. He just doesn't carry the weight to be anything but a CB on defense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read