Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2004   #1
AndreJ
All Pro

Default Coaches to Blame or Carr?

I'm not saying i think carr is to blame nor am i saying the coaches are. I just read this article on nfl.com and i thought it was very interesting since, everyone went to jumping on the coaches after our three game losing streak.

Quote:
David Carr's season has eerily mirrored the career of actor/musician Corey Feldman. With an early career that featured such hits at "Goonies," "Gremlins" and "Stand By Me," Feldman was a hot commodity in Hollywood. Early in this season, Carr finally started looking like an overall No. 1 pick and Houston, at 4-3, was the trendy AFC sleeper pick. Recently though, Carr's slide has been as steep as Feldman's (see: "South Beach Academy"). With large drop-offs in most statistical categories, Carr is easiest to blame for the Texans' three-game losing streak. In those three games, however, Carr has been sacked 11 times, and his main target, Andre Johnson, has zero touchdowns. If they want to stay alive in the AFC South and vie for a wild-card spot, the Texans must revive a 23rd-ranked rushing attack and take some weight off of Carr's shoulders.
These are the stats that go along with this article:

Carr's 2004 -- First 7 GMs (4-3) -- Last 3 GMs (0-3)
Comp % -- --- -- 66.0 -- --- -- 52.8
QB Rating -- --- -- 99.7 -- --- -- 61.7
TD/INT -- --- -- 9/5 -- --- -- 1/3
AndreJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i think teams have just figured us out, we never adjust and it seems we try the same stuff over and over, its easy to see if ya look at films of our past games ! We just need to be more creative in the play calling !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #3
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Let's hope Carr picks it up in the last six.

Whoever wrote that article and compared Carr to Feldman is a . Feldman is more comparable to Ryan Leaf.
Old 11-28-2004   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Let's hope Carr picks it up in the last six.

Whoever wrote that article and compared Carr to Feldman is a . Feldman is more comparable to Ryan Leaf.

HAHA yeah your right about that !
Old 11-28-2004   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Try to find a link for me AndreJ
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #6
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

i read it on NFL.com or espn.com !!! i cant find the link but i did see it as well !
Old 11-28-2004   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

That article is so funny, Carr isn't the one to blame. Has anyone noticed that when we were winning those games D.D. played a limited role and we used Wells more. Then recently in the games we lost thats when D.D's injury has supposely complety healed and he has taken a bigger role in our offense and has taken pretty much all of the carries. Do you see how after he said all those things about Carr, he says if the Texans want to be successfull the texans need to improve their rushing attack. Does the guy want Carr to start running around throwing blocks all over the feild. The only reasoning I can come up with for this aticle is that the national media likes to tear down athletes who are the face of a struggling team, especially if they are a #1 ovrl. pick qb. It's a win win situation for them. Lets say the player continues to struggle, then its "I told you so, hes a bust, this whole organization is in shambles" and with hindsight they start mentioning all the great players drafted after him. Now if the player succeeds and makes them shut their damn mouths (ala Drew Brees) it turns into a great story for them,"oh what great adversity this player has overcome." etc. etc. etc. and everone jumps on their bandwagon. while I just sit back and laugh remebering all of the ridicoulus things that were said or written like the peice above.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2004   #8
DreamCatcher
Rookie

Carr is stll doing good but other teams need to be kept guessing about the playcall and mix up the running and passing game more.
Old 11-28-2004   #9
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Try to find a link for me AndreJ
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/7925578

There you go Vinny.
AndreJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks pards.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read