Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-30-2008   #1
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mizzou's Tony Temple loses appeal

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/467147.html

Lost his appeal for an extra year of eligibility & will be entering the NFL Draft.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mizzou's Tony Temple loses appeal

'nother Tatter tot.
Old 01-30-2008   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Haha. Yes. Muck Fizzu.

In all seriousness, he isn't that good of a RB, but he exploded against Arkansas because they didn't play for anything but the pass. Arkansas is stupid. Temple doesn't fit in the NFL IMO. And that is besides my obvious bias. I just hope this doesn't allow Maclin more snaps.
Old 01-30-2008   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

So how is the recruiting going...Are the tigers loading up Chase Daniels and his flying circus with WRs ? My first thought when I heard Mac Brown was chasing the stud RB from California was why wasn't this kid beating down the doors to play in that Missuori attack ?
How are the Jay hawks doing ? got a Collins replacement yet ?
Old 01-30-2008   #5
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
So how is the recruiting going...Are the tigers loading up Chase Daniels and his flying circus with WRs ? My first thought when I heard Mac Brown was chasing the stud RB from California was why wasn't this kid beating down the doors to play in that Missuori attack ?
How are the Jay hawks doing ? got a Collins replacement yet ?
I don't really follow college football recruiting outside of Rivals, and I don't have a subscription anymore, so even that is limited. I know we have brought in some good players, especially from Texas. I know Mizzu added a very good QB as well. Basicly, unless they are a big time recruit that makes the headlines, which Mangino doesn't seem to target, I don't find out about the freshman until spring practices or next season. I follow Jayhawk basketball recruitment religously though. I can tell you all about every recruit for next season, as well as even the walk-ons from this season. Orange Bowl or not, basketball still reigns supreme at KU.
Old 01-30-2008   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

I follow the NFL draft though, and I use a few pay services to help me out with that as well.
Old 01-30-2008   #7
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/467147.html

Lost his appeal for an extra year of eligibility & will be entering the NFL Draft.
Read about this in this mornings Chronic.

Temple played one game for Missouri as a freshman in 2004 and injured his Achilles tendon. The big 12 ruled against him

The following story was about Oklahoma defensive end John Williams being granted a hardship waiver by the ncaa, allowing him a sixth season. He had started three games last season before tearing his Achilles.

Something smells fishy to me.

Old 01-30-2008   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post

Temple played one game for Missouri as a freshman in 2004 and injured his Achilles tendon. The big 12 ruled against him

The following story was about Oklahoma defensive end John Williams being granted a hardship waiver by the ncaa, allowing him a sixth season. He had started three games last season before tearing his Achilles.

you take your fish and smoke them. Muck Fizzu.
Old 01-30-2008   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post

I read the same stuff. I dont like it at all.

How does the OU kid get the extra eligibility & Temple does not? Doesn't make sense.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #10
ItsAMarioParty
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden cover

If he would have gone to OU he could have drank his way into a 6th year...
ItsAMarioParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #11
ItsAMarioParty
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden coverItsAMarioParty could be on the next Madden cover

Or beat a friend of his senseless in a bar fight

either way works pretty well for a sooner
ItsAMarioParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #12
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
you take your fish and smoke them. Muck Fizzu.

Take fish and smoke them...."brilliant"...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read