Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-12-2008   #81
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2 gap DT free agents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I have known a ton of lifters that had bad shoulders over the years.
Don't get me started.

I know more about the acromioclavicular joint, the infraspinatus, supraspinatus, subscapularis, and teres minor muscles than any man should know.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008   #82
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

personally I dont think Kubiak wants a big guy in that role, he prefers versatile D-lineman he can rotate and send pressure from different looks. I think either TJ or Mario can fill the runstuffer role when needed, we just dont have a clear cut "this is your job" guy. JMO
Old 02-13-2008   #83
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now there doesn't seem to be anyone worth signing that can handle a 2-gap assignment through FA. I don't see us drafting a DT considering the major holes in the secondary and runningback. And I also think they'd consider another DE before a DT. We might be posied with the TJ/Maddox, Okoye interior next season. I suppose it could be worse.
Old 04-27-2008   #84
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
One thing that our DL doesn't have is a space eating DT. Does anyone know of any FA candidates that can fill this hole on our DL to help our run defense? Every team in our division has an above average running game at the least, we really need to get a big run stuffing DT on our DL imo.
Welcome to the team Frank Okam!!!
Old 04-27-2008   #85
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, welcome Frank Okam. I was wrong in my previous post, but I'm kinda glad. Okam has the potential to start over TJ. Great pick!
Old 04-27-2008   #86
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

I like the Frank Okam pick. As a UT fan, I've been watching him play for awhile; and I can say he is exactly what he is: a very large man than can cause problems in the back field. We could have done worse.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #87
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm really excited about Frank Okam. We've done pretty good defensively against scat backs, and runners who try to get to the outside. Our problem has been the bruisers who run up the middle.

I think Okam will change that.

I'm probably most excited about this pick in the entire draft.
Old 04-27-2008   #88
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm really excited about Frank Okam. We've done pretty good defensively against scat backs, and runners who try to get to the outside. Our problem has been the bruisers who run up the middle.

I think Okam will change that.

I'm probably most excited about this pick in the entire draft.
i gotta agree with ya. if we could find an edge rusher we could add him to Williams/Okoye/Okam in the future.

they could call the DT unit the OK Corral for OKoye and OKam

i love getting 1st Round type talent in the 5th Round...its nice
Old 04-27-2008   #89
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Frank "The Buffet" Okam. If they can motivate him, he could be the space eater that we have needed to stop the run up the middle. If it works out that way, look for DeMeco's sack numbers to go up along with the TFLs.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read