Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-29-2008   #1
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Eugene Wilson Vs. Ken Hamlin

Ok guys time to look at other positions besides the OLT,RB & CB positions. I would love to have Ken Hamlin over Wilson and the rest of the F/A safties but we know that the cowboys are going to pay top dollar at him especially after making the pro bowl. So tell me what you guys think and I am going to put list of safties that I would like. I would sign Doss & Wilson because I think we can afford both and that would bing good compition in camp.

1. Ken Hamlin**
2. Eugene Wilson - Has started in 2 super bowl vitories
3. Mike Doss UFA - Minnesota
4. Gibril Wilson UFA New York Giants

Old 01-29-2008   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eugene Wilson Vs. Ken Hamlin

We could get Hamlin and then we'd have the old Seahawks safety tandem on our roster (Boulware and Hamlin)

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008   #3
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
Ok guys time to look at other positions besides the OLT,RB & CB positions. I would love to have Ken Hamlin over Wilson and the rest of the F/A safties but we know that the cowboys are going to pay top dollar at him especially after making the pro bowl. So tell me what you guys think and I am going to put list of safties that I would like. I would sign Doss & Wilson because I think we can afford both and that would bing good compition in camp.

1. Ken Hamlin**
2. Eugene Wilson - Has started in 2 super bowl vitories
3. Mike Doss UFA - Minnesota
4. Gibril Wilson UFA New York Giants

I agree that Ken Hamlin isn't leaving. I'm here in Dallas, and the word around here is everyone is trying like crazy to get rid of Roy Williams. The town has turned against him. That said, they would have to keep Hamlin so he and Pat Watkins would be their tandem. They will also probably take a corner in the third since they will release J Reeves.

So I wouldn't mind Mike Doss or Gibril Wilson. Doss would be our best shot at a deal though, b/c Wilson will be coming out of a SuperBowl season. Doss, Demps, Boulware, Hutchins (maybe), and CC Brown would make for an interesting training camp!
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008   #4
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing about Eugene Wilson he is in trouble of not being resigned because they drafted Brandon Meriweather from Miami in the 1st round so he is out.
Old 01-29-2008   #5
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone other those players would be an upgrade. I was pushing for us to sign Hamlin last year, so I'd be happy if he'd decide to play here. However, I see Eugene Wilson as our best bet for a FS.
Old 01-29-2008   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

its hard to evaluate safeties from watching on tv but gibril wilson is a guy that always seems to be around the ball and has good coverage skills.. hed be my pick out of all the FA safeties
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read