Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2004   #1
adamb10

Default Your quarterback is the next Favre

Packer fan here,

1st off great game! It was close game especially that 4th quarter. I took this game as a easy win at the beginning of the season. I thought of the Texans as the Detroit Lions. Boy was I wrong. Your Texans played great out there. Congrats on nearly beating us.

Your QB David Carr is the next Brett Favre. He has got a good arm and I can see him being in the hall of fame some day. Don't ever trade that guy.
Old 11-22-2004   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Welcome to the site adamb10 and the kind words in the first post. It's a little rough right now in the growing stages, especially since we've seen flashes of what's to come. Now, if those flashes could come a little more consistent.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamb10
Your QB David Carr is the next Brett Favre.
Wow. Can't wait to see that.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #4
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamb10
Packer fan here,

1st off great game! It was close game especially that 4th quarter. I took this game as a easy win at the beginning of the season. I thought of the Texans as the Detroit Lions. Boy was I wrong. Your Texans played great out there. Congrats on nearly beating us.

Your QB David Carr is the next Brett Favre. He has got a good arm and I can see him being in the hall of fame some day. Don't ever trade that guy.
Thank you for your post.. I believe you are right. Carr might be the next Favre of the future. (But you got the man, must be happy with that tho, smile). My question is, with health issues and such for Favre, what do you see in the future of your QB situtation when Brett steps down (not that I hope its soon, but getting older tho).
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #5
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always liked Favre. This was the first game I've ever watched where I could honestly say that if we had to lose at least we lost to a good guy like Favre. He's a throwback for sure.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #6
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's too bad Carr did not show that Farve moxie last night. I have never seen Farve check down to 2 running plays and then throw a 1 yard pass.IMO Carr is the heart and soul of the offense and it was painful to watch him not step up to the challenge.I know Carr was trying to put the team in the best position to win but with less than 8 minutes left in the game I want #8 throwing the ball down the field.End of my rant.
axman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks for the well wishes .. yah Carr is going to be great.. give us another season to iron out the offense and get some more personel on defense and we might be meeting in the post season.

oh.. and sorry for the state of the board :P.. apparently our short winning streak this year earned us a few bandwagon fans.. and they are all coming out to spew their ignorance at anyone who will read it.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2004   #8
phan1
All Pro

thanks...still upset...tough game.... ughhhh... 3 losses in a row.... unbelievable.... sigh.....
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #9
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Not sure what stats you're looking for, but here ya go.
Favre stats
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #10
Packattack

Are you kidding? I don't know how long this guy has been a pack fan, but he's out of line here. I'm pretty sure he's just kissing some ***** to make you guys feel better.

David Carr is a good QB. Above average. He is NOT the next Favre, no one in the league right now resembles a young Brett Favre.

David Carr is David Carr. Let him define his career by himself. Right now, he seems more worried about his hair than the next playcall. I swear, I had a couple of buds over to watch the packer game and we were all looking around, wondering if he just took off his helmet to fix his hair.

Anways, good game texan fans. I thought we were going to steamroll you guys, but you really showed some heart out there. Best of luck for the rest of the year...
Old 11-22-2004   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

hey.. thanks for coming all the way over here to be a jerk. have a good year.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #12
H-TownRules
Veteran

what is it with packers fans? I expected them to be cool, but the ones near my section were complete morons and jerks. I never thought I would say this but I actually enjoyed the Raiders, Vikings, and dare I say JAGUARS fans more than these losers. Even my mom, a lifelong Pack fan, was disgusted with some of the Packers fans at the game last nite... you guys were really dissapointing in your sportsmanship/respect category.

And by the way... I still really really hate the Jaguars and everyone associated with them.
Old 11-25-2004   #13
Favre2Walker
Rookie

Hi,

Not a regular here and I am not a troll but I had to register and tip my hat to your team.

Before the season I had this down as a very dangerous game. While Packer fans were stressing over the Vikes and Eagles it was this game that had me worried.

I am very impressed with your organization. I feel you are one more good draft away from being among the AFCs elite. Maybe not quite to the level of the Patriots just yet but certainly w/ the Colts and Broncos.

Carr is a classy young player and you guys are on the right track. Just a few more pieces needed.

I am not at all surprised by the game...hard fought,clean,fun. Experience was the difference. In 10 years Carr will be the ol' vet w/ 1 or 2 Super Bowl rings frustrating some young buck QB for another team.

In dealing w/ Bear and Viking fans its refreshing to see fans w/ intelligence and class.

Good luck the rest of the season.
Favre2Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004   #14
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packattack
Are you kidding? ... David Carr is a good QB... He is NOT the next Favre...
I guess Packattack notices differences between Carr and Favre, like:

a) Every team passed on Favre in the draft (2nd round);
b) Favre was traded by the team that drafted him after only one year;
c) Alcoholism and drug addiction; and
d) 6 interceptions in a playoff game (St. Louis)
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take Farve straight up for Carr right now.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004   #16
Favre2Walker
Rookie

I guess Packattack notices differences between Carr and Favre, like:

a) Every team passed on Favre in the draft -Every team passed on Montana too....twice in fact (3rd rd).

b) Favre is the only 3 time MVP.

c) Alcoholism and drug addiction; and Favre is a human who fessed up and cleaned up his act. I'm sure a few of your sports heros drink and cheat on thier wife and do drugs..only those players aren't half the player,man or person Brett is AND they likely will never do anything to clean up that part of thier life. By 'drugs' you make it sound like he did crack. He got hooked on a legal drug due to pain from his job. One play in the NFL you'd be hit and would probably never walk right again. You forgot to mention whe Favre opted out of a practice to be w/ his wife when she was tested for cancer. What a bum he is!

d) 2 Super Bowls and 3 NFC title games.

e) 6 interceptions in a playoff game (St. Louis) At least Favre PLAYS in play off games. Lets see how many Carr plays in. Fact is,the team Carr leads RIGHT NOW is light years ahead of the 92 Packers in terms of talent yet Favre led that team to 9-7. The following year he took the Pack into Detroit and won a PO game. Carr? Didn't think so.

Favre2Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004   #17
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistril48
c) Alcoholism and drug addiction;
now i cant understand bashing favre for these things. criticizing someone for alcohol and drug problems. WTF? thats not too cool. you know god forbid someones life isnt picture perfect like dave carrs.
Youngstown Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004   #18
dan7
Veteran

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
How many SB rings does he have 1 or 2?

One...........
Old 11-26-2004   #19
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
How many SB rings does he have 1 or 2?
1 - in 1997 (35-21)

http://www.mistupid.com/sports/superbowl.htm
Old 11-26-2004   #20
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
now i cant understand bashing favre for these things. criticizing someone for alcohol and drug problems. WTF? thats not too cool. you know god forbid someones life isnt picture perfect like dave carrs.
You're right. It's inexcusable. Thank you for calling me on it.

My point simply is that while Favre is a great QB (perhaps the best ever - everyone is entitled to their own opinion) I am sick of the media acting like he is perfect and can do no wrong. It's a better and more realistic story that he's a great QB and a real human being. He makes lots of mistakes. He throws intercpetions, makes bad reads, but still picks himself up. Why is it necessary to try to turn him into a fairy tale?

I am so sick of the media saying "If I needed 1 QB for 1 game, I'd take Brett Favre." Quess what - the playoff game against the Rams was the Packers biggest game of the year in 2002 and he threw 6 interceptions - maybe that day Montana would have been a better choice. The next year, the home playoff game against the inexperienced Falcons was the biggest Packer game. Another loss. Last year. The playoff game against the Seahawks was the biggest game of their year to that point. In overtime, Brett got the ball and couldn't get a first down. On the next series, a Packer CB scored a toughdown and saved the Packers. Then they play the Eagles and I'm sure everyone remembers his ridiculous floating pass against the Eagles for an interception that cost the Packers a trip to the Superbowl.

I think Favre is a great QB. Isn't that enough. Let's not ignore the facts that he is also a human being (perhaps even a nice guy - I've never met him).

Why must the media always spin illusion.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read