Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nfle

texans

Waterboy
who do you think we will send to NFLE next year. I was thinking that we might send holling if he dosent look real good in pre seson and maybe jason bell and charlie anderson and jammal lord. who do you think will send? :fight:

It's hard to tell what kind of talent we really have until the camps are over with and the team really starts practicing. It'll be a lot of fun to watch and see what happens.

Being a student at the same high school Sloan Thomas graduated from, I am prejudice into wanting him to earn a spot as one of the receivers behind Johnson, Bradford, and Gafney.

It'll be interesting to see how Jammal Lord does and where they use him, but I think he could end up being sent to the NFLE...but I think the important thing is just keeping the right guys here and putting them in the right spots.

Jamal Lord would be a perfect player to put on a NFLE team next year, he could learn his new position by actually playing.

Fiddy said:
Jamal Lord would be a perfect player to put on a NFLE team next year, he could learn his new position by actually playing.

I'm with you on this one Fiddy...NFLE is a great triple A league for developmental guys like Lord.

I think that the DE/LBs we got in the draft might be a good fodder for the practice squad on the other hand. Hollings won't go since he is really the only backup that DD has. I suspect that Sloan Thomas will end up there as well...making the squad at WR is tough this year unless he has a really stand-out preseason.

I doubt we ever see Hollings in NFL europe. That league is for marginal NFL talent.

El Tejano said:
I was thinking maybe some of those later round draft picks that we are converting from DE to OLB.
It wouldn't do a bit of good unless they run a 3-4.

Hey while we are trying to figure out who we are sending to NFL Europe, lets also try to figure out who is going to win the Superbowl in 2025.....My vote is for the San Jose Kings..... :)

Didn't see how it happened but Chris Taylor WR, an allocated Texan went down with a knee injury but came back to contribute a TD while another Texan lit up the Admirals in the 2nd half.

Clint Stoerner hit Chris Taylor from two yards to give the Admirals a 14-4 lead after earlier going down with a knee injury.

The Centurions’ first drive of the second half was halted when Ryan Van Dyke was intercepted but when Amsterdam had to punt away possession, Houston Texans wide receiver Albert Johnson ran the ball back 73 yards for a touchdown to reduce Amsterdam’s lead to 14-11.

Link to the game summary

isnt that johnson's second return for td this season? someone scored the first week of the season but i'm drawing a blank as to who.

Scooter said:
isnt that johnson's second return for td this season? someone scored the first week of the season but i'm drawing a blank as to who.
Rober Freeman is the one that returned the opening kickoff for a td in the first game.
Chris Taylor had a nice game. He caught 4 passes for 61 yards and a td. From what I saw today, he has great hands. He didn't do anything on punt returns because Cologne had some pretty good coverage. Albert Johnson is a flier for the Cologne punt team, and they didn't give Taylor any room to run. As a WR for the Texans, I think Taylor could be a great posession reciever.

Texans in NFL Europe
By Carter Toole
www.HoustonTexans.com

Cornerback Rober' Freeman and wide receivers Albert Johnson and Chris Taylor won't be playing in the World Bowl. But they're making every last minute of their 2004 NFL Europe season count.

Freeman scored on a 61-yard fumble return in Rhein's 20-14 overtime loss to Frankfurt, while Johnson returned a punt 73 yards for a touchdown in Cologne's loss to Amsterdam this weekend as NFL Europe wrapped up its penultimate week.

Berlin and Frankfurt had already clinched both World Bowl XII spots the previous week.

Freeman briefly gave the Fire a 14-7 lead when he picked up a fumble by Galaxy quarterback Kirk Farmer and scampered to the end zone for his second touchdown of the season. The other came on a kickoff return on the opening play of the season. Freeman finished with a season-high four tackles.

Johnson, who added a five-yard reception, scored midway through the third quarter to cut the Admirals' lead to 14-11. Cologne eventually took a one-point lead in the fourth quarter, but another Texan took over from there. Kicker Todd Sievers booted two field goals (41, 40) in the final 5:18 to give Amsterdam a 23-18 win.

Taylor continued his strong season for the Admirals, leading the team with four receptions for 61 yards, including a two-yard scoring grab. He leads Amsterdam through nine games with 37 catches for 486 yards (13.1 avg.) and four touchdowns.

In other action, Berlin topped Scotland 27-19 as linebacker Kevin Deronde posted five tackles.

The 2004 regular season concludes next weekend with Cologne at Scotland, Rhein at Amsterdam and a World Bowl "preview" when Frankfurt heads to Berlin.

Nawzer said:
Nice. Albert Johnson will give Vontez Duff and JJ Moses a run for their money.
I very seriously doubt if Albert Johnson even makes the team. Rober Freeman could possibly be the biggest challenge for JJ. Freeman is the starting corner for the Rhein Fire, and is also a return man. He returned the very 1st kickoff of the NFLE season for a TD before he got hurt, and then this weekend returned a fumble for 61 yards and a TD. Chris Taylor could also challenge JJ for a spot since he has proven in NFLE that he can be the go to receiver. Taylor also returs punts, although I have yet to see him get any blocking.
I have watched two of the Centurions games, but I couldn't tell if Elliot Silvers was any good. The Centurions O-line caved almost every time in more than one spot, and it was almost impossible to see who was doing good and who wasn't. To be honest, it looked like the whole O-line was uniformly bad.
From what I've seen so far, Freeman & Taylor are the only two that I think will be in the running for a roster spot. Of course it all comes down to how well they all perform in camp.

Bragging rights
By Nick Schenck

www.HoustonTexans.com
lewis_galaxy061104.jpg

Jermaine Lewis

DUSSELDORF, Germany -- Out of the 13 players that participated in the NFL Europe League (NFLEL) this season that were allocated by the Texans, all have packed their bags and headed back to the States except for three players that will play in World Bowl XII this Saturday between the Frankfurt Galaxy and Berlin Thunder. The three remaining players, who all play crucial roles for their respective teams, are wide receiver Jermaine Lewis for the Galaxy, and fullback Ed Ieremia-Stansbury and linebacker Kevin DeRonde for the Thunder.

Lewis, in particular, who is a 6-4, 210-pound former safety from Western Michigan, totaled a modest seven catches for 129 yards (18.4 avg.) for the Galaxy this season. However, two of the receptions were for touchdowns, including a 22-yard strike on a seam route in Week 8 versus Berlin. “The way that (Berlin) plays their safeties wide, their weakness is up the middle of the field,” Lewis said about his scoring play versus the Galaxy’s World Bowl rival. “After I scored that touchdown, they’ve been trying to drop their linebackers a little deeper. As a result, the crossing routes should be a little more open this weekend. We’re just trying to take advantage where we can.”

This weekend’s game, which will be shown live in the U.S. on Fox (12 p.m. EST), will be the first title game of Lewis’ career. Not only will he have a chance to win his first championship ring, but he can also enter the Texans’ training camp with something none of the other allocated players have. “I don’t necessarily know if bragging rights are on my mind,” Lewis, a former undrafted rookie free agent and member of the San Francisco 49ers and Tennessee Titans, said with a slight grin. “I’m really just focused on competing my hardest. When I get to Houston, it’s just going to be another opportunity to prove myself. My main goal now is to just help the team win on Saturday night.”

The NFLEL is mainly a developmental league for players that lack a lot of game experience on the professional level. Although Lewis plays on a predominantly rushing team, he has made up for his lack of touches by working with first-year Galaxy head coach, and former NFL wide receiver, Mike Jones. That extra time, he believes, will pay dividends when he arrives for training camp with the Texans at the end of July. “The Texans coaches never really said anything to me about what specific areas I need to improve on before I came out here,” Lewis said. “But every receiver has an idea of what their areas of weakness are. “I’ve improved my route-running a lot. I’ve also been catching the ball a lot more consistently with my hands as opposed to letting the ball hit my pads. That’s all part of what it takes to be a polished receiver. Coaches always like big receivers in the league and I’m a big, fast receiver that can go over the middle. So hopefully I can add my speed and size to the Texans.”

For those readers that haven’t tuned in to a lot of NFLEL action this season, the title game between the Galaxy and Thunder will most likely be a shootout. Galaxy quarterback J.T. O’Sullivan (Saints) and running back Skip Hicks (Bengals) have had a hand in 22 of the team’s 27 touchdowns on the year. For the Thunder, former LSU quarterback Rohan Davey (Patriots) finished the season as the NFLEL Offensive MVP with 19 passing touchdowns, while running back Eric McCoo (Eagles) led the league with 669 rushing yards.

Just five days ago, the Thunder dealt the Galaxy their most lopsided loss in franchise history in the regular season finale for both squads. Even so, Lewis still likes his team’s chances on Saturday. “Since they beat us badly (41-0) in Week 10, I’m just excited to go out there and compete again,” Lewis said. “We have a sour taste in our mouths, so it’s like a revenge game for us. I think everyone is anxious to get back on the field and make a statement.”

In today's NFLE World Bowl, a couple Texans are having a pretty good game. LB Kevin DeRonde has 3 solo tackles, 1 assisted tackle, 1 interception, and 1 pass defensed.
Ed Ieremia-Stansbury only has 1 rush for 8 yards, but he showed good hands and caught 5 passes for 48 yards. Jermaine Lewis didn't do anything. He picked up one special teams tackle, but that was it.

Back