Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 02-07-2008   #21
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY going back to school

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
If it doesn't interfere with his regular job, then more power to him. But if he's missing out on OTAs with his new offensive coordinator, or skipping out early on practice to catch up on his homework, then it's selfish and detrimental to the team.

There are many non-football years ahead for Young. He's committed, and very well-paid, to have his focus and his time devoted to helping the Tennessee Titans succeed. If he's not doing that, then it's selfish, whether his mom wants him to do it or not.
He will probably take one class in winter semester and one in spring. I don't know how many credits he needs, but it will probably take a few seasons. Not a bad way to spend your off time in my book.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #22
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Shouldn't you be posting on Mensafanatics.com?
Why should I not post here? This is a place for Texans fans to get together and share their thoughts on the team and cheer them to victory.

Are you are saying because I am working on my 3rd post high school degree I should not be posting here? Are you saying that a person in my position should not or cannot be a real fan? I have every right to be here, just as you do. I have not broken any of the forum rules, I do not troll or flame on the boards, and I have always done my best to promote positive discussion on the boards. So, what makes it ok for you to be here, but not for me?

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 02-07-2008   #23
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73103 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
He will probably take one class in winter semester and one in spring. I don't know how many credits he needs, but it will probably take a few seasons. Not a bad way to spend your off time in my book.
As a Texans fan, I would prefer it if he hit the clubs with Pac Man.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Nice!!!
Old 02-07-2008   #25
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why should I not post here? This is a place for Texans fans to get together and share their thoughts on the team and cheer them to victory.

Are you are saying because I am working on my 3rd post high school degree I should not be posting here? Are you saying that a person in my position should not or cannot be a real fan? I have every right to be here, just as you do. I have not broken any of the forum rules, I do not troll or flame on the boards, and I have always done my best to promote positive discussion on the boards. So, what makes it ok for you to be here, but not for me?
Calm yourself. It was self depricating humor not a jab at yuo insinuating you are above me/us. I think it's pretty impressive when a person can keep pursuing high education. Next time i'll click on the little sarcasm icon.
Old 02-07-2008   #26
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:

And you're a talking dog!!!

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #27
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Of course he is going back to one of the bigest party schools in the nation where most of the students probable still thinks he walks on water, but I am sure he will be back home doing homework and studying game film by 8.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-07-2008   #28
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
And you're a talking dog!!!
me or him?
Old 02-07-2008   #29
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
me or him?
His avatar is a dog with a hat on ...

Old 02-07-2008   #30
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Of course he is going back to one of the bigest party schools in the nation where most of the students probable still thinks he walks on water, but I am sure he will be back home doing homework and studying game film by 8.

Maybe he has more moral fortitude then you?

Old 02-07-2008   #31
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He probably should have stayed in school in the first place. He obviously needed more time to grow as a passer. He still needs alot of work as it is now, after 2 years in the NFL.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #32
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73103 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
He probably should have stayed in school in the first place. He obviously needed more time to grow as a passer. He still needs alot of work as it is now, after 2 years in the NFL.
I dont think it was about that.

After they beat USC, his stock probably wasnt going to get any higher & Houston had the #1 pick and he wanted us, and I think he was pretty sure we wanted him.

Guys in a worse position than he had have declared for the draft before.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #33
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:
I dont think it was about that.

After they beat USC, his stock probably wasnt going to get any higher & Houston had the #1 pick and he wanted us, and I think he was pretty sure we wanted him.

Guys in a worse position than he had have declared for the draft before.
I agree with that one. You have to come out when you know that you can only go down from here. Ask Matt Lienart. Sure he may have been more NFL ready as a Senior, but he was a projected top 3 and tumbled to 10 i believe. That cost him big money.
Old 02-07-2008   #34
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Calm yourself. It was self depricating humor not a jab at yuo insinuating you are above me/us. I think it's pretty impressive when a person can keep pursuing high education. Next time i'll click on the little sarcasm icon.
Understood. I probably overreacted as well.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 02-07-2008   #35
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
His avatar is a dog with a hat on ...
He is not wearing a hat, it is an Elvis wig. Now if I could just get him to curl up his lip and say,"Thank you very much"!

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 02-07-2008   #36
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He is not wearing a hat, it is an Elvis wig. Now if I could just get him to curl up his lip and say,"Thank you very much"!
He's from NoCal.... what'd ya expect?!?
Old 02-07-2008   #37
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe he has more moral fortitude then you?
I doubt that.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #38
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Understood. I probably overreacted as well.

Yeah, probably. I thought he was complimenting you for being smart, like Mensa smart, ha ha. Granted they are except for the one who built two doggie doors to the outside, one for the mama, and the other for the puppy.

Last edited by StarStruck; 02-07-2008 at 08:35 PM.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #39
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is Mintska? :elle:

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008   #40
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Yeah, probably. I thought he was complimenting you for being smart, like Mensa smart, ha ha. Granted they are except for the one who built two doggie doors to the outside, one for the mama, and the other for the puppy.
Yeah, I get a little perturbed when people look at me differently because of the letters after my name and not the ideas coming out of my mouth.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read