Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-26-2008   #1
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95426 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Lions Roy Williams on the trading block... For a 2nd rounder

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/...san-francisco/

Quote:
Other news includes the rumor that Lions wide receiver Roy Williams is on the trading block, and one report said Detroit would look for a second-round pick in return. Williams played for two seasons under former Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz, who's now with the 49ers, so would the 49ers look to make a deal for Williams?
Would be nice to have a 2nd rounder right now.

AJ + Williams would be nice
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions Roy Williams on the trading block... For a 2nd rounder

It would be nicer to get him for the 2nd round pick and trade him for a couple of second round picks.

Otherwise, we need D-Linemen more than we need another receiver. :elle:

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Millen has lost his friggin' mind. Thank GOD he's not our GM.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #4
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95426 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
It would be nicer to get him for the 2nd round pick and trade him for a couple of second round picks.

Otherwise, we need D-Linemen more than we need another receiver. :elle:
The Texans have a bunch of slot guys, with no true WR except AJ, so I'd say its a need.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Millen has lost his friggin' mind. Thank GOD he's not our GM.
It was said recently that Williams wanted to come back to Texas to play (A team was not specified) . ((I dont have a link , it was quite a while back that I read this and for the life of me cant remember where .... im too lazy to look))

Ifits true that he's available via trade .... Millen is probably tryin to get something before he has nothing . But yeah , he's probably the absolute worst GM in all of football.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I think Williams is going to be traded to the Tacks
Old 01-26-2008   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Yeah i could see that. Roy adjusts well to the ball and that could help VY open up his downfield passing game. Helluva lot smarter to spend a 2nd round pick on a bonafide starting WR than a 1st Round for Sweed, who is wickedly overrated.
Old 01-26-2008   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Yeah i could see that. Roy adjusts well to the ball and that could help VY open up his downfield passing game. Helluva lot smarter to spend a 2nd round pick on a bonafide starting WR than a 1st Round for Sweed, who is wickedly overrated.
Agreed but I just don't see, barring a great combine, him going in the first.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #9
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
I think you are right sir, I hope not, but it looks like a real possibility.
Old 01-26-2008   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Agreed but I just don't see, barring a great combine, him going in the first.
he has to have a bad combine to fall out of the 1st Round imho. his combination of size and athleticism is unique especially this year. he will be the 3rd WR taken behind DeSean Jackson and either Manningham (my personal favorite) or Early Doucet if he runs well at his combine.

One thing is for sure, we don't want Roy going to Tennessee. Let's keep them floundering at the bottom of the salary cap totem pole and let Roy go elsewhere. There will be no shortage of suitors for a 2nd Round pick. That is for sure. Look at Miami, they could get a bonafide #1 WR in Roy for maybe even their 3rd Round and some other minor considerations considering its basically just an end of round 2nd Round pick at #65.

They could then draft Dorsey or Long #1 overall, maybe an Al Highsmith or Jeffrey Otah in teh 2nd Round at #33, Roy Williams with their 3rd Round pick.
That is a serious first day haul and one Parcells could be proud of.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 01-26-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If so I hope he turns into David Givens. I remember a lot of us were wanting us to sign him but he signed with the Titans and he hasn't done anything. Hopefully Williams had his best years in Detroit

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #12
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I would love to pick him up.

Would he be worth a 3rd and 4th round pick, granted we fill most needs in FA?

Say we trade Lions our 3rd and 4th (which hopefully Lions would see 2 picks better than one seeing as they're the lions and they have more needs... XD), and we get Roy Williams in return. Maybe we throw in a 3rd string with upside that they might like. (Jacoby Jones, I hate to say it...) We get CB, OLB, and OT in FA (Bring in some old Denver guys for LB and OT LOL) and an RB in the first round?

Or Jacoby jones and a 4th? Or maybe one of the 100 running backs we have.

Meh.

I'd do it. XD But thank God my names Anthony Espinoza and not Rick Smith.

Last edited by AnthonyE; 01-26-2008 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Bad math.
AnthonyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm think Dallas probably would be willing to give pick #29 or San Fran #30 for no.30 for Roy.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #14
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm think Dallas probably would be willing to give pick #29 or San Fran #30 for no.30 for Roy.
doubtful. they don't need Roy and TO's mouth on the same team....not to mention their salary cap hits.
Old 01-26-2008   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd give him a forth rounder, I mean afterall isn't that what N.E gave up for Moss?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #16
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I'd give him a forth rounder, I mean afterall isn't that what N.E gave up for Moss?
yah and look how bad Oakland looks because they did that. It's the new NFL. Veterans dictate where they play and where they can win nowadays. Moss told the Raiders that he only wanted to go to GB or New England and this lowered his trade value. I don't think Roy has given a list of cities to the Lion's. This seems to be instigated by the Lion's themselves. Roy has already said he would like to get out of Detroit but he didn't hamstring the organization by saying he would only play for Dallas or New England.
Old 01-26-2008   #17
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to need second souce for this one. No offense fanhouse.

Untill Someone tells me different our #2 is Walter.

I like the horns and my objectivity may be clouded here. I think he is one of the most dynmic young WR in the legue. Millon will never get fair market value for him. Untill I see a second source on this one I gotta figure fan house is throwing stuff on the wall and seeing if it gets a reaction....Like this thread.
Old 01-26-2008   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

if Smith can draft starters @ RB & OL from 2nd day picks so can he address need @ Wr. just in the Senior Bowl alone, three stood out to me & could be had in the 3rd. rd. or later (oh yeah we don't have a 2nd rd. but thats ok this is the last freaken year thats gonna happen, no thanks). Anyways, Jordy Nelson, Kansas State is a dead on Walters clone 6-2 1/2 215, excellent route runner, blocker & hands. Then there is Lavelle Hawkins, a burner who can stretch the field & adjust to the underthrow, that never hurts. as well as the univeristy of Houstons own Donnie Avery, small in stature but has speed & is unafraid in traffic could be had in the 5th/6th. let these teams keep their own mistakes
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008   #19
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I'm going to need second souce for this one. No offense fanhouse.

Untill Someone tells me different our #2 is Walter.

I like the horns and my objectivity may be clouded here. I think he is one of the most dynmic young WR in the legue. Millon will never get fair market value for him. Untill I see a second source on this one I gotta figure fan house is throwing stuff on the wall and seeing if it gets a reaction....Like this thread.
Quote:
MLive.com's Tom Kowalski believes the Lions will dangle Roy Williams in trade talks leading up to April's NFL Draft.

Williams will enter a contract year in 2008 and Kowalski expects him to leave in 2009 if the Lions can't execute a trade. If Williams is dealt, Calvin Johnson would take over as Detroit's "No. 1" receiver. Williams, the No. 7 overall pick in 2004, should at least command a second-round pick as compensation.
Source: http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...should_be.html
Old 01-27-2008   #20
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Detroit is stupid if they trade there most dominate player after drafting Calvin Johnson to pair with him talk about going backwards.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read