Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-24-2008   #1
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19489 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Preposterous trades...

I know this is just a random comment, but it's something I noticed when looking over the "draft value chart." I've often heard that the "values" are too high at the top of the chart, and on looking at it, I'd have to agree. To take an example, in theory, we could have traded that number 10 pick in the first round (Okoye) for the first 15 picks in the 4th round. I like Okoye, but if you give me the choice of him or 15 Owen Daniels/Fred Bennetts, I might go for the numbers. And yes, I realize that we've been pretty fortunate with the 4th round picks the past couple years.

It often annoys me when others propose preposterous trades where the value chart points are way off, but after seeing what the chart could come up with, I might have to give people more of a break...
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Preposterous trades...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...0,403944.story

Well looks like the Dolphins at least are open for business there old hos.

Quote:
"Rome wasn't built in a day, and this won't be built in a day either," Ireland said. "The No. 1 pick is no different from the 22nd pick. You've got to make the right selection. You just can't miss on it. We're going to do everything in our power to make the right choices, whether it be to take the pick or move down. We'll listen to all offers."

Last edited by threetoedpete; 01-25-2008 at 12:32 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey pete ... what would you give for Bobby Carpenter of the Cowboys ?

http://www.gbnreport.com/

Boys shopping busts… The Dallas Morning News is reporting that the Cowboys are shopping former 1st round picks DE Marcus Spears and LB Bobby Carpenter at the Senior Bowl. Spears was one of two Dallas 1st rounders in 2005, while Carpenter was the team’s top pick the following year.

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 01-24-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

They spent a one on the guy. I believe he is going to be J.J.'s player to be named latter in the move up for McFaddin. If we were still in the 3-4, I'd give up a 1.
Old 01-25-2008   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

So you think he's a 3-4 LB . I did'nt know if he could play olb in a 4-3 ... I might give a 4 or 5th .
Old 01-25-2008   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Yes I do. thought Hawk was also. How big is spears again ? Think Jerry is loading up the pistol to move ? Might fool us all and elect Ellis.
Old 01-25-2008   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Yes I do. thought Hawk was also. How big is spears again ? Think Jerry is loading up the pistol to move ? Might fool us all and elect Ellis.
6-4, 305
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read