Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2004   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Its time to get Pumped!

You know, last year when we were about to play the Titans...we were all pumped despite our record to hopefully beat the team that Bud took away. Now we are in a little bit of a different boat, because now we can sweep them and give them payback for the "shhhhh" from last year.

Here's this to ruffle your feathers a little:

Now how bad do you want to sweep the Titans, and hear stories again of Bud having to leave early because his team got beat by the NEW, BETTER Houston team?

Last edited by TEXANS84; 11-26-2004 at 06:47 PM.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #2
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

..... Yeah, it's our turn! ....SHhhhhhhh
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

That 1st win felt great,a win this week would 100x times better IMO,with the 3 game losing streak and all.
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

lets give mcnair an early Christmas present what ya say ?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #5
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's give old "Bottom Line" Bud a big Houston "Thanks for coming, now get your butt back to Tennessee!" send off. This would be as much fun for me as when we spanked the Raiders earlier this year.
Old 11-26-2004   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

We need this win. There's just no way around it. The Texans are 4-6 and need to get back to that .500 area and a loss to the Titans means back to the cellar. As fans there's not much we can do to make it happen but we need to do everything we can.

To me that translates into "Be there and be loud" so I went and got myself some tickets to this one and I'm getting ready to lose my voice screaming.

Sweeping Bud is nothing but gravy on this one. Normally beating Bud's Bums would be enough to motivate me but this time it's secondary. The Texans need the win no matter who it comes against.
Old 11-26-2004   #7
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
We need this win. There's just no way around it. The Texans are 4-6 and need to get back to that .500 area and a loss to the Titans means back to the cellar. As fans there's not much we can do to make it happen but we need to do everything we can.

To me that translates into "Be there and be loud" so I went and got myself some tickets to this one and I'm getting ready to lose my voice screaming.

Sweeping Bud is nothing but gravy on this one. Normally beating Bud's Bums would be enough to motivate me but this time it's secondary. The Texans need the win no matter who it comes against.
Are we going to see ya at the Blue Crew tailgate?
Old 11-27-2004   #8
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

I'm sooo pumped i am shaking
and it's only sat morn
Old 11-27-2004   #9
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

I don't mean to sound negative towards the Texans since I am a strong fan, but this game may very well be ugly since it's between two struggling teams. Kind of like the Cowboys vs. Bears on Thursday. However, I believe our Texans will pull out emotion, heart, and whatever it takes to get the win. I'm excited to see how they do to finish up the year.
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc
Are we going to see ya at the Blue Crew tailgate?

Oh yes. My brother and I are going to be there. Last time I did the shots the Texans put a butt kicking on the Raiders so being the superstitious type that I am I'm going back for red AND blue.

All those posts over the last couple of weeks talking about how "THIS is the game of the season" and "THIS game has everything riding on it" I thought were mostly premature. Those would have been really good games to win (Broncos, Colts, Packers) and I'm really unhappy that the Packers game got away. In my mind though I think that now it's time. The Titans game is the game of the season. A lot hangs in the balance here and I'm not talking about some way long odds playoff spot where we almost certainly get tossed out in the first round by a better team.

This game is where the Texans either start making the progress we all expected to see or whether they settle back down into the basement where the "used to be" Titans belong. If the Texans win this game then I still don't think that the "right about .500" predictions are out of the question. It means that they haven't started their fade yet and maybe they don't fade this season like they did the last two years.

In 2002 I was surprised they stayed game as long as they did. Carr's beating and the defense staying on the field so long almost assured them of collapsing over the second half. In 2003 they had all those damned injuries and by the last half of the season they were staggaring around but they still hung in there tough against the Titans and Colts at the end. This year I want to see some late season wins and I think we will.
Old 11-27-2004   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a bad feeling about this game. The Titans have a top 10 defense despite the injuries and I'm sure Fisher will press the Cornerbacks and roll the linebackers up to take away the slants and three-step drops. Until we beat this defensive strategy teams will keep playing us this way. We need to throw in the seam (deep-middle of the field more or less) and break off a few big runs. Hopefully we will see one or the other. Both would be good.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004   #12
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Vinny, I find your comments interesting. The reason I say that is that you are in effect saying that the OC is not doing his job, because we are not countering what the opposition is doing. You will say of course our players are not executing like Capers. However, I still maintain the problem is the O-line scheme rather than anything else. I will say this that I agree with you about the outcome of the game and I believe you will agree with me that we both hope its different than we think.

This has been a very frustrating season for all of us and its too bad that it had to be this way. I said at the end of last season and the beginning of this one that injuries from a year ago would and did have a big impact on this ball club. I still say that's true. The reason I mention this is that I think the 5 year plan has got to be a 8 or 10 year plan at this point. Age is catching up with our key defensive players and you have to replace the O-line for this team to get better. Its going to take several years to do that and then our receivers and QB will be reaching the move on age. I think our building plan is a bust and injuries have played a big part in that happening.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004   #13
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

i disagree with you Ibar, the injuries from last seaosn has helped us plan for the future, it gave younger players of ours a chance and some playing time, you are right about the age and thats why the injuries werent such a bad thing last season. We are still on the 5 year plan, if some say that we show no imprrovment they are not watching the games, and the GM has done a VERY GOOD job in the draft, they are planning for when our old players are no longer useful ! And the o-line is not terribly bad just a new scheme they nead to improve on !
Old 11-27-2004   #14
Supertex
Rookie

I beleive if Johnson is used attentively and Davis and Gaffney step up as seen in past games,we can take this. Watch dunta robinson. He is young and quick and I beleive this is the game he will further prove himself. I will be there section 109 cheering them on. Outcome: Texans 24-21
Old 11-27-2004   #15
Titan1216
Rookie

man....take out the hostility on Bud....don't hate a team just cause the owner is an ***...I don't like him either..I used to be an oilers fan and followed them to Tennessee...I wish you could have found a way to run Bud out of town and leave the team there.

Last edited by Titan1216; 11-27-2004 at 10:56 PM.
Titan1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004   #16
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

na we love our texans and i am actually glad BUD left town along with the team ! So now i have got to watch this team grow from the first game, and its a good feeling to see all out young talent and how we mature. Wouldnt trade them for any team !
Old 11-27-2004   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan1216
man....take out the hostility on Bud....don't hate a team just cause the owner is an ***...I don't like him either..I used to be an oilers fan and followed them to Tennessee...I wish you could have found a way to run Bud out of town and leave the team there.
I don't hate the team. I hate what they did to Houston football. For every good thing that came from the Oilers I can rattle off three or four black eyes they gave this town. Not everyone believes that the Oilers/Titans are cursed but I have to admit that I do. There's something not right about that franchise and I'm personally glad they're gone.
Old 11-27-2004   #18
Dhedluk
Rookie

I wonder what Bud did with all the luggage that was dropped off at the Astrodome after he threaten to move the team.
Dhedluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Vinny, I find your comments interesting. The reason I say that is that you are in effect saying that the OC is not doing his job, because we are not countering what the opposition is doing.
No, that is not what I am saying.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read