Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-05-2008   #41
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Salaam and Pitts to star in Super Bowl Ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I watched the video on the website, but I thought it was Ephraim exaggerating the story not the commercial makers/Hollywood? I thought Pitts said that Kyle Turley was also involved in having him try out for the football team but that he's keeping the entire story under wraps in case he wants to write a book about it (the book part was probably in jest, the rest I'm not so sure).
And Hollywood likes the more exaggerated story, so even with Pitts saying that's not the way things were, they went with Ephraam's version.

And of course, I am sure the conversations between the two didn't go the way they did on the commercials. "Oboe, it's a member of the woodwind family."

Hollywood does the exaggerated version because if reality programming was real, it would be boring.

Dramatizations of real events are rarely a reflection of reality because reality is usually boring and subtle and complicated and that doesn't make for good TV.
Old 02-05-2008   #42
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Of course Hollywood is going to exaggerate the story. The point of the commercial was to tell an interesting story in an entertaining way. The commercial probably wouldn't have been made if they told the story the way it actually happened and I think Chester doesn't really care either. Better to be in a Super Bowl commercial about yourself telling an exaggerated story than not to be in one at all.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008   #43
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Of course Hollywood is going to exaggerate the story. The point of the commercial was to tell an interesting story in an entertaining way. The commercial probably wouldn't have been made if they told the story the way it actually happened and I think Chester doesn't really care either. Better to be in a Super Bowl commercial about yourself telling an exaggerated story than not to be in one at all.
As I said, it wasn't a complaint about the ad but more of an observation.
Old 02-07-2008   #44
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Chester and Salaam were just on Ellen.....pretty good stuff.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #45
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
I wanted to know if someone saw it. How did they do?
Old 02-07-2008   #46
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Ah, yeah. I heard. Didn't get a chance to see though.

What'd they talk about?
Old 02-07-2008   #47
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I wanted to know if someone saw it. How did they do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Ah, yeah. I heard. Didn't get a chance to see though.

What'd they talk about?
I wanna know:
a) Why is Yeller is watching Ellen to begin with?? and,
b) why Frog and AnthonyE are interested???

Old 02-07-2008   #48
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

'cuz she makes out with chicks, dude.
Old 02-07-2008   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
'cuz she makes out with chicks, dude.
LMAO!!!

That would be cool, if she didn't look like the guy in gym class that everyone picked on... I mean her kissing a chick doesn't exactly conjure up, say Tiffany Amber Thiessen and Jaime Pressley, or Brit and Maddonna, etc., etc....

Old 02-07-2008   #50
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, I watch Ellen everyday.....j/k. I saw a commercial for it while I was watching the news at lunch. Pitts and Salaam talked about the story behind the super ad. They said it was voted the #1 SB commercial on some poll. Also Salaam gave her a signed Texans jersey, and they were both decent dancers.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #51
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I will help you guys out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXTYmR5UTZE

Figured someone would have put it on youtube by now.

This was funny stuff.

Chester looks like he is slimming down to play guard in Gibbs' system. He is usually a little rounder. Even Salaam looks to have slimmed down.

I thought Salaam was a FA this year?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #52
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I will help you guys out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXTYmR5UTZE

Figured someone would have put it on youtube by now.

This was funny stuff.

Chester looks like he is slimming down to play guard in Gibbs' system. He is usually a little rounder. Even Salaam looks to have slimmed down.

I thought Salaam was a FA this year?
Maybe his agent and the Texans have already been talking.

Thanks for the vid.
Old 02-08-2008   #53
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting. Apparently our positive reviews of the commercial weren't seen through "homer-colored" glasses.

"Though an earlier survey by TiVo showed that E*Trade's Super Bowl ad was the most viewed, new data from IAG Research claims the NFL's Chester Pitts ad was the most liked and FedEx's carrier pigeon ad was the most recalled. E*Trade's ad featuring a talking baby scored high, netting No. 7 on the "most viewed" and No. 8 on "most recalled" lists. IAG, New York, bases its findings on 18,000 surveys with people who watched Sunday's telecast. The NFL's ad, about a Houston Texans player named Chester Pitts who was discovered bagging groceries by fellow Texan Ephraim Salaam, performed 72% better than the average Super Bowl ad."

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/news/rec..._id=1003708015
Old 02-08-2008   #54
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Salaam needs to do stand up comedy when his football career is over.
Old 02-11-2008   #55
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I wanna know:
a) Why is Yeller is watching Ellen to begin with?? and,
b) why Frog and AnthonyE are interested???

Just saw this...interested in what they have to say..lol

I did see that she had them on the red carpet of the grammys as correspondents......and no I wasn't watching the red carpet..it was in the Chronicle today.
Old 02-11-2008   #56
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaB2a...eature=related

john mccain asks kyle
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #57
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
It's literally just like Salaam's story, but has enough subtle differences to think that he got discovered by both guys. So has Chester ever said who talked to him first?
Old 03-24-2008   #58
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

they will be back
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fea...-brothers.html

Quote:
The Ellen DeGeneres Show will be taping episodes again this week at Universal Orlando's CityWalk.
Quote:
Noon show, Friday, March 28: Florida's own Flo Rida ("Low"), Comedian Jeff Foxworthy (who wrote a children's book called "Dirt on My Shirt") and NFL players Chester Pitts and Ephraim Salaam, who are said to be DeGeneres' favorite football players. They're with the Houston Texans.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #59
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
That's awesome to know, thanks.
Old 03-24-2008   #60
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

They should give Ellen a customized Texans jersey!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read