Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-23-2008   #1
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans in the Super Bowl!!

Sort of. Congrats to Ephraim and Chester for having their commercial selected. What great publicity!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5477100.html

On a side note, I also heard them talking about the biggest surprises in the NFL this year. The play of the Packers and our Texans topped the list.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Texans in the Super Bowl!!

good stuff.
Old 01-23-2008   #3
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1297 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Salaam and Pitts to star in Super Bowl Ad

By MEGAN MANFULL
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

The Texans may not be one of the main acts at the Super Bowl in 11 days, but they definitely will be part of the show.

Texans left tackle Ephraim Salaam and left guard Chester Pitts will be the stars in the NFL's Super Bowl ad, which is slated to air at the start of the fourth quarter.

Salaam was one of 240 players who entered a league contest by telling a favorite story on camera. The finalists were posted on NFL.com, and more than 500,000 fans voted between November and Jan. 6. Salaam's story won, landing him and Pitts in the national spotlight...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5477100.html

good to see our boys get some face time.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Salaam and Pitts to star in Super Bowl Ad

That should be great, it's a funny story, almost unbeliveable, what are the chances that goes on to happen after bumping into each other outside of a grocery store.
Old 01-23-2008   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"I think it is one of the better ads we have had in quite some time," said Rob Stecklow, the director of advertising for the NFL. "It's not a scripted ad. We didn't make it up. We didn't cast it up and get two guys who don't normally play this part. ...

"We're at a disadvantage, because we don't have a lot of talking animals, which usually play well in the Super Bowl. But we hope to give people a laugh and a smile, and ultimately make them feel good about the league and its players."
This part made me laugh. Two words.....Don Cheadle.
Old 01-23-2008   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Awesome news that Salaam and Pitts story made it in. I thought personally that it was one of the best storys on there.

I thought for sure the Hasselbeck ad would have made it for sure, but they aired it during the Seahawks/Redskins game.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Awesome news that Salaam and Pitts story made it in. I thought personally that it was one of the best storys on there.

I thought for sure the Hasselbeck ad would have made it for sure, but they aired it during the Seahawks/Redskins game.
If it was the Hassleback story where he finally got fan mail, but it was a request for him to get Favres autograph for the fan.... that was hilarious!!

Congrats to Salaam and Chester!!
Old 01-23-2008   #8
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 606 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

Will they be airing the same commercial or will there be some changes made to it?
Old 01-23-2008   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is the NFL thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7XjZUtPYbA

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
Will they be airing the same commercial or will there be some changes made to it?
Sounds like from the article it will be another commercial at a grocery store..they said they got treated right and had trailers and all..both of them
Old 01-23-2008   #10
SuperTexan
Rookie

Good stuff. I've always like Pitts and Salaam seems like good people too.
SuperTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008   #11
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats great I voted for Salaam so many times his was the best
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
They might have Salaam telling the story via voice over while both of them act out the scene.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008   #13
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

thats a sweet story.. i didnt know thats wat inspired chester to play.. but i want a car-vette to.. lol
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008   #14
austintexanite
All Pro

Congrats, I voted for them back in December. Pretty funny story.
Old 01-24-2008   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

While I am glad that our guy(s) are getting the Super Bowl spot, I didn't think that the story was all that great. Would have been good to have had Ephraim and Chester side-by-side with both guys telling the story. I just felt the story was a little flat with Ephraim doing the story by himself. It needed Chester in it.

Hasselbeck is a GREAT story teller, and I think he has a promising future in NFL broadcasting when he's done with playing football. He'd make a great color commentary guy. Every time he tells a story, I am chuckling a little.

Anyways...congrats to Ephraim/Pitts.

"That's ONE MORE for the good guys!"
Old 01-24-2008   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142041 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
While I am glad that our guy(s) are getting the Super Bowl spot, I didn't think that the story was all that great. Would have been good to have had Ephraim and Chester side-by-side with both guys telling the story. I just felt the story was a little flat with Ephraim doing the story by himself. It needed Chester in it.
Actually, I think they're going to re-shoot it with both of them telling the story.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #17
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Hasselbeck is a GREAT story teller, and I think he has a promising future in NFL broadcasting when he's done with playing football. He'd make a great color commentary guy. Every time he tells a story, I am chuckling a little.

Anyways...congrats to Ephraim/Pitts.

"That's ONE MORE for the good guys!"
lol agreed

after the hawks beat the skins in the WC to meet GB in the division, he went up to the podium: 'alright first things first about the GB game, WE WANT THE BALL AND WE'RE GONNA SCORE!!' i love a guy that can make fun of himself
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008   #18
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Great spot. I loved it last night. Pitss as the grocery guy was hilarious.
Old 02-04-2008   #19
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74123 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the version from the Super Bowl.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aPLX_ckw0G4
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008   #20
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Here's the version from the Super Bowl.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aPLX_ckw0G4
Thanks for the link.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read