Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-26-2004   #1
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default UT / A&M 1-point safety?????

I like to think that I've seen or heard of nearly every scoring scenario. If someone had told me that a 1-point safety existed, I would've told them they were nuts. My only consolation is that the announcing team was just as baffled as I was!
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Huh?? What is a -1point saftey?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #3
downtownsb
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 downtownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballot

i dont get it either, first of all he kicked the ball so isnt it dead. then even if A&M had the ball and fumbled it again they lose either way if texas gets it in the endzone it is a two point conversion and if A&M gets it its a one point conversion for Texas again so either way Texas is going to get points. that is what doesnt make sense to me.
downtownsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #4
DomDavis
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 DomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVP

The problem is that the play should've been blown dead when it hit the offensive line. But the rest of it makes sense. Go back to Leon Lett in the snow. If your team is defending a field goal or extra point, you never touch that ball unless there is no one around you and you can clearly have a shot at a return. If A&M picks it up and fumbles it back in the end zone, they deserve for it to be a bad result, just like it would if it were a normal play and they fumbled back. That said, I still don't understand it because I thought the play would be dead when it hit the OL.
DomDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #5
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

That is what the aggies did, they picked it up and ran with it. The player was on about the 2 yard line when he fumbled the ball into the end zone.
If Texas had recovered, I am not sure it would have been two points.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #6
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Been watching football for 40 some years and this is a first. I too think the ball is dead, but the Lett thing is a good point.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #7
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah i'm still a lil confused as well as the tv crew was, noone knew what they were talking about ! What a crazy game missed Pat, fumble, blocks Good game. (ok guys lets go for the one point safety)
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2004   #8
Panther5407
All Pro

It should have never been because that rule only applies on a two point try which the play wasnt. Like said before, once it was dead and hit the lineman the play was dead.
Old 11-27-2004   #9
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407
It should have never been because that rule only applies on a two point try which the play wasnt. Like said before, once it was dead and hit the lineman the play was dead.
They stated later that it became a "a two point try" for the Aggies when they picked up the ball and begin running the other way. It seems if the call was incorrect coach Fran would have argued some.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read