Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Why do fans across the NFL hate the Cowboys and their fans?

Well techinically not true. Many love them and show up in their jerseys at opposing stadiums, thus being the most marketable franchise.

Cowboy fans are annoying for these videos but opposing fans aren't annoying for constantly talking about how they hate the Cowboys and how giddy they are when they lose? HMMMM. I mean this is the 4th or 5th post regarding Cowboy hatred..lol

Chicken or the egg.

My best friend when I was a kid growing up in La Porte before my family moved to NY was just like this guy. I mean JUST like this guy. Looking back, for the life of me I have no idea why I kept hanging around the guy. He is the reason I have deep seeded hatred for the Cowboys. He used to try to tear up my Oilers stuff and was generally a bully to anyone that didn't like the Cowboys. He's also the reason I had no problems adopting the Giants when we lived in NY as my other team (division rival and their fans hated the Cowboys).

That eating crow video is was a riot.

nelson-haha.jpg

What a loser. Just another Cowboys fan to dislike.

I liked seeing him almost cry like a little TO in the second video. That cockiness sure was missing.

Almost as bad as UT fans.

I guess it's better to just randomly insert insults into threads that are completely unrelated to the people you are insulting.
What ever school you represent must be proud to have you as a fan/alum... you're so much better than others, especially Longhorns, if we're to believe what you say...

Bite me, and Hook 'em.

I guess it's better to just randomly insert insults into threads that are completely unrelated to the people you are insulting.
What ever school you represent must be proud to have you as a fan/alum... you're so much better than others, especially Longhorns, if we're to believe what you say...

Bite me, and Hook 'em.

BOO HOO!!

I took a vow of lifelong hate when Tom Landry was fired.

In today's climate of coaches get fired for not winning playoff games, how long do you think Coach would have lasted even being the great guy he was coming off of seasons of 10-6, 7-9, 7-8, 3-13? Wasn't Bum fired after a playoff game and his popularity as one of the highest in pro football?

In today's climate of coaches get fired for not winning playoff games, how long do you think Coach would have lasted even being the great guy he was coming off of seasons of 10-6, 7-9, 7-8, 3-13? Wasn't Bum fired after a playoff game and his popularity as one of the highest in pro football?

its a little different than jerry coming in and giving landry the boot, i know a bunch of ex-cowboys fans that are ex's because of just that. plus we hate or ex-owner anyway....

its a little different than jerry coming in and giving landry the boot, i know a bunch of ex-cowboys fans that are ex's because of just that. plus we hate or ex-owner anyway....

I can understand where some are coming from even though Jerry was a new owner who possibly wanted a fresh start. However, what I don't understand about the Bud firing Bum thing is the anger wasn't nearly as intense and certainly short in duration. Bud was at least tolorated until he finally packed up his team and left town.

I can understand where some are coming from even though Jerry was a new owner who possibly wanted a fresh start. However, what I don't understand about the Bud firing Bum thing is the anger wasn't nearly as intense and certainly short in duration. Bud was at least tolorated until he finally packed up his team and left town.

ya, about the bum thing, check out my age, i wasnt exactly a die hard in those days...... so i wasnt there to have an opinion, all my oilers love comes from long ago game memories and my dads tapes of some games....

ya, about the bum thing, check out my age, i wasnt exactly a die hard in those days...... so i wasnt there to have an opinion, all my oilers love comes from long ago game memories and my dads tapes of some games....

Coach Landry was fired 19 years ago?

What? Maybe where YOU live the hatred for the firing of Bum isn't intense but that's near the heart of the almost rabid Butthead Adams hatred in Houston. We (my family and I) never ever forgave Adams for that and we never will.

Ever.

I'm talking into the afterlife and beyond if it exists.

Really.

The Tom Landry thing wasn't as bad as that for me or mine.

It's not so much their players, it's yokels like that. And there are a lot of them just like that.

There's a shuttle bus driver at my company who was wearing his TO jersey the Friday before the Giants beat them. He was talking all kinds of junk - he's originally from Arlington so I cut him a bit of slack. Anyway, it may be just timing or schedules but we stilll haven't seen the guy.

Goes back to the "America's Team" thing from the 70's.

Honestly I don't really care that much one way or the other. The thing that's
burned me the most about the Cowboys is all the pub they'd get in the past
when they weren't doing that well. But if they play well, like in recent years (atleast in the regular season), they deserve a lot of attention like the other winners do. But nothing else for me as a Texans fan has approached my annoyance & even anger because of the abuse & ridicule we took for passing on Bush in '06.
But this thing about "America's Team" is a very arrogant & pretentious attitute that does insult & alienate many people, especially from places like Pittsburg & GB who's teams have as much success as the Cowboys and who's fans across the Board are surely more loyal, sincerely devoted, & true
from what I've seen.

Seriously, then they weren't true Cowboy fans to start. Most fans I grew up with were ready for Landry to be gone. It may not have gone down the way it should have but the Cowboys were becoming fossils in the NFL still running the flex defense and falling behind the times. I was excited for a change. It worked out. You can't control what happens but you support the team. Weak ass argument if you ask me. I think there are too many young fans that really don't know the history and who just run with the whole hate, etc thing without knowing where "America's Team" came from and how the team grew.

Americas Team was a label NFL films gave them in a video. Tex Schram ran with it. At the time they were the good guys vs the evil Steelers. As the years went on, the media kept with it. It was marketing genius. Considering they had 20 staright years of a winning record and sold out every place they went was a testament to the love/hate. Half of the fans in Arizona wore Cowboy jerseys. The fact that this thread is here and people still whine is a testament. People are dense if they don't see it. Its the reaction, it doesn't have to be love.

For all of you that compalin, how are you any better by constantly spouting "Cowgirl" stuff 24/7?You look worse than most Cowboy fans I have ever grown up with or hung out with. Sorry if you have met some bad apples but this stuff is beyond pathetic at times. Look at this board with every Texasn loss or win.."we suck..boo" to "we really have a chance at the playoffs." Its week to week. Its as reactionary and bandwagon as they get.

Sounds to me like they were 'typical' Cowboys fans....

:stirpot:

I'm guessing that is a bandwagon comment TB..lol

If they were younger I can see it but I know more lifers than bandwagoners. Plus I don't get how many are still bandwagoners though. We..Cowboys for this pusrpose.. have sucked for the past decade besides a few flashes like this year. Oh well. I'm sure this won't be the last thread since we already had one long one.

My best friend when I was a kid growing up in La Porte before my family moved to NY was just like this guy. I mean JUST like this guy. Looking back, for the life of me I have no idea why I kept hanging around the guy. He is the reason I have deep seeded hatred for the Cowboys. He used to try to tear up my Oilers stuff and was generally a bully to anyone that didn't like the Cowboys. He's also the reason I had no problems adopting the Giants when we lived in NY as my other team (division rival and their fans hated the Cowboys).

That eating crow video is was a riot.

I agree. I grew up surrounded by bandwagon fans who loved the Oilers when they won but when they lost immediately became Cowboy fans and were quick to say "At least the Cowboys have two superbowl wins. (which at the time they did) What do the Oilers have? NUTHIN'!"
They never learned to win graciously and it's just obnoxious. When the Cowboys under Landry lost a certain game (thanks to a certain "Catch" by Dwight Clarke) Tom Landry at a post game press conference said that the Cowboys had lost because they "lost a critical member of their defense" 6 weeks earlier. Wow...maybe the other team wanted it more or just played better than you.
After this year's playoff game Wade Phillips said in the post game wrap up
"The better team lost."
Uh...if you were the better team? Wouldn't you have won? That whole "We're the greatest team in the history of sports...if we lose we're still the greatest regardless of who wins a championship" belief is utter BULL$h:t. That's why I hate em.

Despite my rancor for your team I have to admit I respected Landry as a coach. Jones firing that man was a b:tch move. The man was going to retire at the end of that season. You don't fire a legend like Landry you give him a chance to retire or try to convince him to.
Lizzard face (Jones) will ALWAYS have my disrespect for that.

After this year's playoff game Wade Phillips said in the post game wrap up
"The better team lost."
Uh...if you were the better team? Wouldn't you have won? That whole "We're the greatest team in the history of sports...if we lose we're still the greatest regardless of who wins a championship" belief is utter BULL$h:t. That's why I hate em.

LOL.

The Cowboys had already beat the Giants twice this season.

Maybe Wade thought that the Cowboys really were the better team. Oh, nevermind. I guess Stanford really is just better than USC.

Just ask college basketball fans if the best team wins the championship every year.

Would you say the same stuff about Belichick if the Pats lost the Super Bowl & he said the better team lost after the game?

LOL.

The Cowboys had already beat the Giants twice this season.

Maybe Wade thought that the Cowboys really were the better team.

Just ask college basketball fans if the best team wins the championship every year.

Would you say the same stuff about Belichick if the Pats lost the Super Bowl & he said the better team lost after the game?

I HATE the Patriots. The ONLY reason I'm routing for them THIS season is because I want Shula and the 72 Dolphins to shut the #uck up about being the greatest team ever. Everyone KNOWS that the greatest single season team EVER was the 85 BEARS! If the 85 Bears played the 72 Dolphins they would have beaten them like rented mules on a bad day.:bat:

Despite my rancor for your team I have to admit I respected Landry as a coach. Jones firing that man was a b:tch move. The man was going to retire at the end of that season. You don't fire a legend like Landry you give him a chance to retire or try to convince him to.
Lizzard face (Jones) will ALWAYS have my disrespect for that.

He wasn't going to retire. Believe me. He was Joe Paterno all the way and never thought to switching defenses, etc. Again, its no disrespect, he is one of my favorite Cowboy figures ever but the Cowboys were falling behind the times and no matter who complained about the method, many were happy to see a change.

As for the above quotes...what are coaches supposed to say. Dallas outgained them and the stats..time of possession, etc looked in their favor. They deserved to lose but most coaches will never admit they were outplayed. The Landry quote..when did that man ever make a classless excuse. Listen to Kubes every week. This is pure reaching. Sorry.

I HATE the Patriots. The ONLY reason I'm routing for them THIS season is because I want Shula and the 72 Dolphins to shut the #uck up about being the greatest team ever. Everyone KNOWS that the greatest single season team EVER was the 85 BEARS! If the 85 Bears played the 72 Dolphins they would have beaten them like rented mules on a bad day.:bat:

I think there are many teams better than this years Pats IMHO. I want the Dolphins to shut up too. I am not diminishing their feat and they will be "a" greatest team but I can't put them ahead of the 85 Bears, the Steelers of the late 70s, the Cowboys of the 90s...even the Cowboys that played the Steelers in the late 70s..the 49ers of the 80s, etc. Those were different eras where teams were loaded with HOFers on both sides of the ball and whose defenses were tough and whose offenses were explosive in SOME cases. After the cap era though the Pats have done remarkable. I just think their defense is not up to snuff while their offense is off the charts.

Bah007,

You ARE what your record is - and you ARE what your last game was.... So, irrespective of the Cowboys sweeping the Giants in the regular season, the Giants own scoreboard where it counts... The play-offs.

Therefore,

Giants > Cowboys...

I think there are many teams better than this years Pats IMHO. I want the Dolphins to shut up too. I am not diminishing their feat and they will be "a" greatest team but I can't put them ahead of the 85 Bears, the Steelers of the late 70s, the Cowboys of the 90s...even the Cowboys that played the Steelers in the late 70s..the 49ers of the 80s, etc. Those were different eras where teams were loaded with HOFers on both sides of the ball and whose defenses were tough and whose offenses were explosive in SOME cases. After the cap era though the Pats have done remarkable. I just think their defense is not up to snuff while their offense is off the charts.

Teh 49ers of the 80's/90's just kicked ass in general. Winning 5 superbowls with the nucleus of one team? That's a feat that I doubt we'll see repeated in this lifetime.

Bah007,

You ARE what your record is - and you ARE what your last game was.... So, irrespective of the Cowboys sweeping the Giants in the regular season, the Giants own scoreboard where it counts... The play-offs.

Therefore,

Giants > Cowboys...

I'm only defending Wade's opinion that he had the better team. He is allowed to think that if he wants. And he has the two wins to back that up.

I'm of the opinion that Dallas has better players than the Giants, but not a better team.

I'm living in Fort Worth right now and the reason I can't stand the cowboys is their stuck up fans. They have the most ridiculous sense of entitlement and it carries over to every aspect of life in the metroplex.

verticalpic.jpg

I was an oilers fan when I was young and then Jones fired Johnson and that was the last draw for me. Plus my recent hatred of the Girls and VY have spawned from the ignorance of my roommate. He talks crap about the Texans and thinks its pretty funny that we struggle and loves that they show Titans games instead of Texans here in Austin. I remember asking him once what if VY was drafted to the Skins, Giants, or Eagles and in Austin they showed his games instead of the Cowboys. How would you feel about VY then? His reply, that wouldn't happen because Austin is Cowboy country, they are America's team. I said but what if since Austin loves VY so much. He said well thats not the case and a stupid point. MAN do I really hate both of those teams and glad they both failed in the playoffs. Of course they always come back and say at least they made playoffs, but in reality does that really matter? I mean we are all watching the superbowl on tv.

I'm living in Fort Worth right now and the reason I can't stand the cowboys is their stuck up fans. They have the most ridiculous sense of entitlement and it carries over to every aspect of life in the metroplex.
I'm curious ? I dunno if its a big deal in N.Texas or not that the Cowboys are moving to Arlington ? I keep track of the the DFW area 'cause I got a couple "business interests" up that way, and I know for statistical purposes and even historical and cultural reasons, Dallas and FW are 2 distinct cites, areas, etc. and Arlington is clearly part of FW and not Dallas. In other words, is the Cowboys relocation causing any problems or friction between the Dallas & FW sides of N.Texas ?

I'm curious ? I dunno if its a big deal in N.Texas or not that the Cowboys are moving to Arlington ? I keep track of the the DFW area 'cause I got a couple "business interests" up that way, and I know for statistical purposes and even historical and cultural reasons, Dallas and FW are 2 distinct cites, areas, etc. and Arlington is clearly part of FW and not Dallas. In other words, is the Cowboys relocation causing any problems or friction between the Dallas & FW sides of N.Texas ?

No!My brother works for the Cowboys and deals with sales in the new stadium and people are fine with it. As I've said I grew up in the area and have almost all my family still in the area..all three in fact..Dallas, Ft. Worth and Arlington. Arlington isn't far from either city. As you pass Six Flags and The Ballpark in Arlington you can see downtown Dallas on a clear day. I'm sure Dallasites would rather have it in Irving but the old stadium is so antiquated and they wouldn't pay for it.

Six flags and two stadiums make Arlington the only thing worth a crap in the DFW area. :cowboy1:

I rise in defense of Fort Worth. The city has some very nice architecture including one of my favorite buildings, the Kimball Art Museum.

Six flags and two stadiums make Arlington the only thing worth a crap in the DFW area. :cowboy1:
Dang D-B, you got such an abusive attitute towards the DFW area.
Frankly, I like the area and I'm actually more impressed with downtown FW than Dallas because there is so much RE development there and the Sundance Square is a kinda a neat thing and I don't think they have a comparable for it in Dallas ? I've been thinking about the wife & I taking in SS in FW for a weekend sometime.
Here's something else little known about FW: its Amon Carter Museum and not anything in Dallas is probably the leading cultural attraction in all of N.Texas. But I don't think you'll hear that from anyone in Dallas ?

Can't speak for "fans across the NFL" only for myself but the 1st youtube video in this thread pretty much sums it up for me. Many of the fans are obnoxious as hell & refuse to talk anywhere near reality when they speak of their team......... Titans fans on the TOMB are much the same way.

The "america's team" crap also gets under my skin too.

Two basic reasons.

Their owner and their fanbase as a whole.

I used to hate the Cowboys but liked Landry. The Cowboys met teams I liked better in the playoffs, so I always rooted against them.

Then I used to hate the Cowboys, and hated Jerry Jones and the way he conducts his business (wanting all the credit, the Jimmy Johnson thing, not caring about character etc).

But I think I always didn't care for Cowboy fans. I believe that 99.9% of Cowboy fans are loudmouth turds, and the .1% are not turds, but are really biting their tongues.

And I think it is because that a bunch of their fanbase has never even been to Dallas, so it is like they have to overcompensate in their fandom.

A story:

Cowboys-Texans preseason game.

Cowboy fan talking dump about a preseason game. He was related to someone I knew. I didn't realize quite how drunk Cowboy fan was.

So I decide to talk dish back a little bit, pretty mild:

Me: Where are you from?

Cowboy fan: Ohio.

Me: Have you been to Dallas?

Cowboy fan: No.

Me: So you aren't a Bengal or Browns fan?

Cowboy fan: No way. I'd never be a fan of those teams.

Me: So basically you are a bandwagoner.

Cowboy fan: (Gets in my face and starts dumping tons of profanity stuff at me).

Me: (Prepared to push him over the seats if he gets one bit physical. Realizes at this point that Cowboy fan is hugely drunk).

Guy Sitting Next To Me: (Tells dude to shut up in front of the ladies and to go somewhere and cool off. He takes a smoke break, and apologizes to Guy Sitting Next To Me and his wife).

Texans proceed to crush the Cowboys. Cowboy fan goes on many a smoke break.

The End.

So, fans across the NFL do not like the Cowboys because of:

1. matchups in the playoffs over the years.
2. their fanbase acting like turds.

Back