Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-21-2008   #1
Ali4Real

Talking Most Underused Players

I was wondering about the Texans, why don't we use the fullback (Vonta Leach) and Owen Daniels more often. I feel that both of these players can help us out in the passing game as well as get the pressure off of Andre Johnson. Most teams that we play cover AJ and sometimes play "relaxed" against our other WRs.

I feel that we need to pass more to Vonta Leach, Owen Daniels, and Kevin Walters (Who I think can become anohter TJ Houshmanzadeh for us).

What do u guys think?

Old 01-21-2008   #2
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18070 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most Underused Players

I think Vonta gets his share of catches. He has fairly reliable hands but you can count on one hand the number of times he's broken a tackle after making a catch. He usually catches it in the flat and is immediately taken down for a small gain. Nothing impressive and nothing I think warrants more plays targeting him.

I do agree about OD though. He really didn't see much action, especially in the red zone, early in the season. Though in the latter parts of the season he started to get more looks. I don't know what factored into it (play calling, AJ's injury, Sage vs Matt at QB, etc) but I hope we can keep it up going into next season.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I think Vonta gets his share of catches. He has fairly reliable hands but you can count on one hand the number of times he's broken a tackle after making a catch. He usually catches it in the flat and is immediately taken down for a small gain. Nothing impressive and nothing I think warrants more plays targeting him.

I do agree about OD though. He really didn't see much action, especially in the red zone, early in the season. Though in the latter parts of the season he started to get more looks. I don't know what factored into it (play calling, AJ's injury, Sage vs Matt at QB, etc) but I hope we can keep it up going into next season.
I disagree only in saying I do not expect the FB to run for many yards after the catch; but as an escape valve dump off, he should see more passes. If he can pick up 3-5 per catch and prevent a sack or busted play, he will be successfull. ALso, next season having the D focusing on WR AJ & AD long, Walter and Jacoby mid-range and TE wherever, the FB should occasionally be lost in the shuffle and catch a first down or two. We should have a pretty good arsenal for our QBs and maybe a new back also.

If our new offense does not eat up a lot more grass, something will be wrong in Denver er Houston.
Old 01-21-2008   #4
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Play Zach Diles!!!!

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008   #5
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
Play Zach Diles!!!!
Psst, he is a defensive player. Just thought you would want to know that before you stick your foot in your mouth.
Old 01-21-2008   #6
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Psst, he is a defensive player. Just thought you would want to know that before you stick your foot in your mouth.
yes, i am aware,mlb from k state, though he should move outside cuz i want to see him play more, did i miss somthing? he is an "underused player" IMO

Old 01-21-2008   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yes, i am aware,mlb from k state, though he should move outside cuz i want to see him play more, did i miss somthing? he is an "underused player" IMO
OK, but the last several post were about offense and using FB and you just shouted out Zach Diles, without anything else said about how you wanted him used more.
Sponsored links
Old 01-21-2008   #8
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Quote:
OK, but the last several post were about offense and using FB and you just shouted out Zach Diles, without anything else said about how you wanted him used more.
My B, sometimes i see titles of threads and just post a response to that.....

Old 01-21-2008   #9
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Reminds me of JohnsonFan.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Funny.... I was just about to 'ask Brakos' if Wesman TexanFan was really JohnsonFan....
Old 01-21-2008   #11
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Quote:
because i answer the damn thread title? you guys are freakin rediculous, Owen daniels gets used as much as he can, vonte is good but he funbled like every other possesion and ZACH DILES shoulda been played more says me and some guy named gary kubiak.... geeeezz

Old 01-21-2008   #12
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Funny.... I was just about to 'ask Brakos' if Wesman TexanFan was really JohnsonFan....
what does this mean? is johnson fan a stat machine like me or somthing?

Old 01-21-2008   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
what does this mean? is johnson fan a stat machine like me or somthing?
Because your 'guerilla style' posting reminds us of JohnsonFan... That's all.
Old 01-21-2008   #14
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Quote:
ahhhh..... i do some eratic posting indeed....

i do think its stupid that homeboy reminded everyone what side of the ball zach plays on..... i remind everyone this thread is titled "MOST UNDERUSED PLAYERS" like zach diles this last year...

whe you assume you make an a$$ out of U and ME.....

Old 01-21-2008   #15
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You forgot the top notch spelling skills....er skillz.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008   #16
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Quote:
You forgot the top notch spelling skills....er skillz.
haha lol, im of the younger generation where spelling is not important anymore, no sarcasm.... it really isnt stressed in school that much at all. plus i personnaly dont care for grammer

Old 01-21-2008   #17
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Really?
Old 01-21-2008   #18
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
Really?
ya,expression and creativity are more important and they want you to spell correctly but it isnt as important as it once was(basein this on how my dad was taught) and as for gramer, thats out the window.. "you cant alwasy express yourself and your writting with proper grammer" is kinda the saying behind that.... to be honest i kinda wish they did teach it more, also HISD sucks...... sooooo....

Old 01-21-2008   #19
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
haha lol, im of the younger generation where spelling is not important anymore, no sarcasm.... it really isnt stressed in school that much at all. plus i personnaly dont care for grammer
Actually, I'm not that much older than you and I have to say that spelling and grammar really do still count in the business world. It's not a generational thing at all.
Old 01-21-2008   #20
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Actually, I'm not that much older than you and I have to say that spelling and grammar really do still count in the business world. It's not a generational thing at all.
ummm 13 years is quite a bit..... and like i said HISD sucks, and im going into the sports radio Business sooo.. plus when im on a site like this i get lazy, as long as you know what i mean, i dont care how its spelled....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read