Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-20-2008   #1
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Super Bowl XLII: New England Patriots vs. New York Giants

From Glendale, Arizona.

I really wanted it to be Packers-Patriots, but this doesn't look to be a very bad Super Bowl. I have the Patriots winning in a possible blowout, so this Super Bowl will be like what the Giants faced way back in 2001 against the Ravens.

My prediction: Patriots 31 - Giants 17

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 01-20-2008 at 09:24 PM.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #2
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 19418 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Bowl XLII: New England Patriots vs. New York Giants

go Patriots!
Old 01-20-2008   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

hope the Giants win.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
From Glendale, Arizona.

I really wanted it to be Packers-Patriots, but this doesn't look to be a very bad Super Bowl. I have the Patriots in a blowout, so this Super Bowl will be like what the Giants faced way back in 2001 against the Ravens.
It was a good game when they played last time about a month ago. It's not like the Pats are blowing everybody away in the playoffs.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #5
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

go Giants!!!!

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #6
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats to the G-Men. Good luck in the Super Bowl
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #7
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Giants win, would it be the first time in NFL history, that two brothers (that are NFL QB starters), won a Super Bowl back to back?
Sponsored links
Old 01-20-2008   #8
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77616 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

As I said on another board, I truly believe in karma. The Giants decided that playing hard in week 17 and stopping history was important, and ended up giving the best team in football a really tough game.

Now look at 'em. They deserve it, even if Coughlin is one of the most miserable human beings I've ever seen coach a football team. He did an awesome job throwing his own kicker under a bus by berating him for having the audacity to miss a FG, then expect him under even more pressure to shrug it off.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #9
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Coughlin is one of the most miserable human beings I've ever seen coach a football team.
Don't forget about the other coach in the Super Bowl. I think he wins that contest.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Now for the next two weeks we are going to be up to our necks in Boston vs New York playoff/championship BS from all sports. YESPN will make sure of it.

Bill Bucknor, get your hardhat on, you are going to need it.
Old 01-20-2008   #11
GuerillaBlack
Money!

What's YESPN?
Old 01-20-2008   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, that game just about caused me a nervous breakdown. I was at a bar in Austin surrounded by a bunch of Packer fans and disgruntled Cowboys fans rooting against the Giants. When Tynes missed that 30 something yarder I thought it was over. I am still in shock that the Giants are in the Super Bowl. 5 weeks ago when they lost to the Skins and Shockey went down I thought the season was over. All I wanted was a rematch with Dallas and a chance to take them out of the playoffs. I was not expecting a trip to the Bowl. They may get killed against the Pats however they have shown some serious nads in this postseason. Hate on Eli all you want but he has been money on the road and hasn't let the pressure or the crowd noise affect him.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
What's YESPN?
It's my name for ESPN. The YES Network stands for Yankees Exclusive Sports or something to that effect. Since ESPN doe's care for the rest of the country, that's my little name for them.
Old 01-20-2008   #14
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take;

Patriots 19
Giants 0

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Hate on Eli all you want but he has been money on the road and hasn't let the pressure or the crowd noise affect him.
Manning is coming into his own. He posted decent numbers in 2005 and 2006, but they were all int he first half, and as he faded down the stretch, his team did. Now, he's playing solidly when it's needed most. I find myself pulling for him, despite the fact that he's a Manning.

I like the matchup. I said after the Pats-Giants game in the final week that the Giants could beat anyone, and they almost have. Time for the final round against NE.
Old 01-21-2008   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Eli is maturing right before our eyes. It all really started in the last week of the season vs NE.

Gotta pull for the underdog all the way; Go Giants!

I think NYG have already shown that they can hang with NE. They were a little banged up going into that last game so hopefully their secondary gets healed up in the next two weeks and Plaxico (who totally owned GB) gets closer to 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

All you Packers & Cowboys fans need to understand one thing: the Giants are
the best team in their conference right now and are the most deserving representative from the NFC to play in the SB in 2 weeks. They won on your fields in the most stressful and most challenging of circumstances.
Now for this season your teams are just as irrelavant as all the other 28 teams in the NFL not going to the SB and the next season is concerned: your 2007 season is over and you are 0-0 in the standings for your current season. Good luck to all in 2008 !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Giants!!!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008   #19
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77616 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, I completely forgot that the G-men have done this without Shockey. That makes me respect their accomplishment even more.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Predictions

New England romps. They have gone to the running game and haven't been as formiddable in the cold. But when they played in pass happy weather the beginning of the year it was ugly. Warm weather Super Bowl equals alot of passing.

Eli has a bunch of stinkers next season and people start asking what happened after the end of this year. Guarantee it. Mark it down.

Great run by the G-Men though. Props to going on the road and doing what they did

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 01-21-2008 at 10:26 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read