Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-20-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ice Bowl II Gameday:Giants vs Packers

Quote:
Forecasts are calling for thermometer readings around 3 degrees for the 5:30 p.m. CST kickoff; yep, a night game in January on the Green Bay tundra. If the wind kicks up, temperatures certainly will dive below zero, and head toward the NFL records.

The coldest game in NFL history was not the 1967 NFL title game at Lambeau Field when the Packers beat Dallas 21-17 in the Ice Bowl. It was minus 13 that day and the wind chill factor was estimated at minus 48.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

what a day to play a little football.

I probably jinxed them but Green bay wins this on 24-14
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #2
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ice Bowl II Gameday:Giants vs Packers

Buuuurrrrr. It's already too cold as it is now in Texas, can't imagine being that cold. Of course I'll be looking for that uber fan or two that aren't wearing shirts. Those dudes are hardcore if you ask me.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #3
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

wow.. the giants have been great the last few weeks but i dont see how they can win this one tbh
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #4
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33472 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX View Post
Buuuurrrrr. It's already too cold as it is now in Texas, can't imagine being that cold. Of course I'll be looking for that uber fan or two that aren't wearing shirts. Those dudes are hardcore if you ask me.
Or reallllll drunk and wanna get on TV?

What wimps though, really, its just a little bit chilly. Try watching David Carr at QB for 5 years, now THAT is uncomfortable!
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #5
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Or reallllll drunk and wanna get on TV?

What wimps though, really, its just a little bit chilly. Try watching David Carr at QB for 5 years, now THAT is uncomfortable!
I bet they start getting really cold when they stop serving beer at the end of the 3rd qtr. That's when reality sets in and possibly hypothermia as well.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

beer=Liquid Insulation
instead of using r-value of r-13 to r-19 to r-25 etc on the insulation scale ...the Beer scale using ACL(Alcohol concentration Limit) of .06 ,acl-.O8, to acl of 1.0 etc etc
Old 01-20-2008   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The coldest game in NFL history was not the 1967 NFL title game at Lambeau Field when the Packers beat Dallas 21-17 in the Ice Bowl. It was minus 13 that day and the wind chill factor was estimated at minus 48.
Most of you weren't even a gleam in your daddy's eye, but I remember that game like it was yesterday. I remember the chair I was sitting in, the TV I was watching, in the house I was living in. When Bart Starr sneaked into the endzone behind Jerry Kramer's block on Jethro Pugh with just 13 seconds left, I jumped out of that chair yelling "YEAHHHHHHHH!" the loudest I could possibly yell it. I remember my father yelling back at me from the kitchen, "Will you settle down in there?"

It's one of those games you remember the rest of your life.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-20-2008   #8
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

its like -3 with wind chill here in the north east, i would love to be at the game but the GB weather today is gonna be scary LOL

to anyone going get an underarmour hood/mask they work great
Old 01-20-2008   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Most of you weren't even a gleam in your daddy's eye, but I remember that game like it was yesterday. I remember the chair I was sitting in, the TV I was watching, in the house I was living in. When Bart Starr sneaked into the endzone behind Jerry Kramer's block on Jethro Pugh with just 13 seconds left, I jumped out of that chair yelling "YEAHHHHHHHH!" the loudest I could possibly yell it. I remember my father yelling back at me from the kitchen, "Will you settle down in there?"

It's one of those games you remember the rest of your life.
My daddy was 6.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #10
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX View Post
yaaaa no kidding, i hate freakin 50-60 degree weather. im used to ballin when its like 112 outside though sooo im a pretty big wuss when it comes to cold weather....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #11
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ***Giants Vs Packer*******

and on to game 2....

Old 01-20-2008   #12
whiskeyrbl

Default Re: ***Giants Vs Packer*******

I believe it is Favres destiny to be in SB XLII.... and WIN !!!!
Old 01-20-2008   #13
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

so if the pack win the superbowl my dad wins 32 nice bottles of wine. but i have to go for my new 2nd team the G men(for takin down D). so gooooooo GIants...

but id rather have the packers in it now that the pats have one, but ima still stick to my Guns...

Old 01-20-2008   #14
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
I believe it is Favres destiny to be in SB XLII.... and WIN !!!!
ya, it just makes sense....

Old 01-20-2008   #15
whiskeyrbl

Projected low -6 with wind chill of -30. Thank God for Texas weather, don't think I could sit for 4 hours, make that 8 counting the tailgating in that kinda cold.. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 01-20-2008   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

http://www.weather.com/outlook/event...ventid=239438&

0 degrees
wind 13-20 miles from the west
feels like -18
Old 01-20-2008   #17
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't we already have a thread about this?!
Old 01-20-2008   #18
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Don't we already have a thread about this?!
no, this is the official game chat thread

edit: note the asterisks.....

Old 01-20-2008   #19
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Aw man, you guys haven't really tailgated until you do it in 0 degree weather.

Just imagine how cold the beer would taste?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #20
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
no, this is the official game chat thread

edit: note the asterisks.....
Well, they're not even. You should have five on each side.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read