Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

"The Texans, not losers and not winners..."

Imatexanfan

Hall of Fame
It's very unfortunate for Rosenfels, the team could well have just kept the 2 second round picks and made Sage the starter, but that's not what they did. They could have been 2 more starters to the good by next year, but that's not what they chose of course not, but enough about that.

Oh and the fans bickering about the Mario Williams pick over Vince Young and the realization that David Carr isn't the quarterbacking messiah 1/2 way through the following season as well as the local media has had an ill affect on the organization.

I hope that the much improved play of Mario Williams has afforded Kubiak and Smith, a couple of modern football guys, as well as the Texans organization some intillectual breathing room so that they can go forward and make smart football decisions and ignore the fans and local medias urge to have their instant gratification satisfied.

The other unfortunate thing for Sage Rosenfels is that when his contract is up, he'll be 2 more years closer to retirement in what is a very short career typically. On the other hand, he didn't have to get all heroic to even sit on the bench anyways hell I'd love to make as much as he does and sit on the bench or play very few games.

At least for this year they're not losers and they aint winners either though.

:texflag:

Hello and welcome to week 8 of the previous NFL season with the Texans. We do hope you enjoy your stay here, and we are glad that you like to bring up old topics in a condescending tone of writing. I'm also glad you decided to start a brand new sparkly thread about a subject that has already been beat to death, rather than do a quick search for what you wanted to talk about.

Thanks.

I don't even think I know what the guy said, or was trying to imply.

:thinking:

I think he's criticizing our trade of 2 2nd rounders (which was a bad move), but then he admits that Kubiak ignored fans and local media and thus drafted Mario (which was a smart move) instead of VY.

And then he says we're not "winners," and we're not "losers" either. I guess a winner/loser argument is in the eye of the beholder. Dom Capers drug us through a 2-14 season, Kubiak was able to take the same talent and go 6-10 (four more wins than Capers), and now we have an 8-8 record in year 2 (a two-win improvement over Kubiak's first season).

We might need to call in a message board forensics team to figure this thread out...

I don't even think I know what the guy said, or was trying to imply.

:thinking:

I think he's criticizing our trade of 2 2nd rounders (which was a bad move), but then he admits that Kubiak ignored fans and local media and thus drafted Mario (which was a smart move) instead of VY.

And then he says we're not "winners," and we're not "losers" either. I guess a winner/loser argument is in the eye of the beholder. Dom Capers drug us through a 2-14 season, Kubiak was able to take the same talent and go 6-10 (four more wins than Capers), and now we have an 8-8 record in year 2 (a two-win improvement over Kubiak's first season).

We might need to call in a message board forensics team to figure this thread out...
CSI: Houston :shades: :spy:

This thread has about as many points as a ping-pong ball.

bottlemybad1jf1ms5.gif

What's your point? Is there one?

NOOOOOOOOO......... he has no point

the Texans kicked butt this year and i couldnt be prouder!!! we have a real fotball team now and if people cant remember the difference between this team and our early struggles in franchse history then MOVE TO DALLAS. heck, if we were in the NFC wede be superbowl bound!!! haha, a stretch i know, but look at these teams, we coulda competed no doubt...

"Screw you guys I"m going home!" All I'm doing is bringing some good to the MB saying that Rosenfels is cool to an extent and the Texans won but didnt actually win if you get my drift. There was quite a few games we should have won but didnt so you know old news so still dreading on it and will be for a while so kiss my...:gun:

Steps in a message board:

#1) Poster makes a rambling topic that doesn't seem to have a point or address anything new.

#2) Someone posts a "wtf" type post

#3) Someone follows with something even more random

#4) Someone critiques original posters grammar

#5) Original poster follows up original post with even more disorganized reply.

Looks like we skipped step 4 guys, so Im going to go ahead and WOW at the run on sentences in there :)

It's very unfortunate for Rosenfels, the team could well have just kept the 2 second round picks and made Sage the starter, but that's not what they did. They could have been 2 more starters to the good by next year, but that's not what they chose of course not, but enough about that.

Oh and the fans bickering about the Mario Williams pick over Vince Young and the realization that David Carr isn't the quarterbacking messiah 1/2 way through the following season as well as the local media has had an ill affect on the organization.

I hope that the much improved play of Mario Williams has afforded Kubiak and Smith, a couple of modern football guys, as well as the Texans organization some intillectual breathing room so that they can go forward and make smart football decisions and ignore the fans and local medias urge to have their instant gratification satisfied.

The other unfortunate thing for Sage Rosenfels is that when his contract is up, he'll be 2 more years closer to retirement in what is a very short career typically. On the other hand, he didn't have to get all heroic to even sit on the bench anyways hell I'd love to make as much as he does and sit on the bench or play very few games.

At least for this year they're not losers and they aint winners either though.

:texflag:

Are you impersonating Ronald Reagan?

I would like to say this about that... whoops I forgot.

Oh yeah. Sage has had the opportunity to be selected in the draft and as a free agent to be a starter for any team that wanted him. He heard the crickets chirping and grabbed the best deal available. Mr Rosenfelts will have earned almost $2 1/2 million by the end of next season alone and has been the starting QB of the Texans at various times and the potential for him to step in as starter in 2008 is still a probable for some games due to injuries.

I think he is just as glad to be our back up QB as we are to have him.

Good backup QB's are hard to find.The good ones are rarely happy to stay as a backup.You guys now have a very strong situation with your QB's.

Back