Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-26-2004   #1
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan
Default Colts/Manning ........:(

Ok some of you say that manning was just running his offense when we played the colts 2 weeks ago right ? Well why was he still throwing the long ball,,,,ok for that matter why was still in the game. I only bring this up because i noticed that today against the Lions he was out of the game the whole fourth quarter, and the colts back up got time and there was not a big difference in their score today and ours a few weeks ago. Now does that not seem strange ? If ya gonna keep on playing, throwing against one team why wouldnt they do it against other teams ?????
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #2
kuno
Rookie

He wants the record and he does not care how he gets it. I still think it should read like this in the record books:

Most TD's in a season
1. Manning - 89*
2. Marino - 48
3. Ect......

* Denotes record was obtained thru extreme and libral use of cheesiness.
kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #3
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

yes i know he wants it,,,so whyd he get out of the game in detriot at the end of the third quarter, and play till the final seconds in ours ??? Thats what i'm asking !
Old 11-26-2004   #4
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Because he wants to try (yes I said try) to break the record in Houston. So we need to stuff it up his @ss!
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #5
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

Peyton Manning is not about records. He trully doesn't care what his positive numbers are as long as they're winning. Against the lions they were up big earlier than against us. They took him out with time left in the 3rd quarter yesterday when he was tearing the lions apart faster and worse than he was us. Would you complain if Carr had a chance to break the record, the Texans are a lock for the playoffs, and they're beating the colts by 20 when 10 minutes left in the 4th and he was left in?
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #6
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveForTheGame
Against the lions they were up big earlier than against us. They took him out with time left in the 3rd quarter yesterday when he was tearing the lions apart faster and worse than he was us.
Uh....no....

End of 3rd Quarter score (Texans at Indy) 42-7
End of 3rd Quarter score (Indy at Detroit) 41-9

He shouldn't have played in the 4th quarter in either game. The difference was, he had 6 TD passes against Detroit by then, but only 5 at that point against us. Dungy may also be figuring out that keeping Manning in late, when the game is not in question, will get his QB killed. More than a few coaches will send in "head-hunters" as a reminder.

Manning is gunning for a record, and it shows. Any b.s. about him not having any say, and just wanting to "win the game" is ridiculous. If you're up by 35 going into the 4th quarter, and you're quick-snapping the ball the exploit the defense for a big pass play, you're no longer playing "just to win".
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

This is exactly what I was wondering yesterday. I know he was trying to rub it in a little on us. As I say though, in this league what goes around comes around 3 times worse. I never so much wanted to beat that team until after our last game against them.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2004   #8
Doom Capers
Veteran

I think Manning is a prick. There is no need for him to bury teams like he is doing. Especially on against some teams that are already suffering (Texans, Bears). Someone is eventually gonna penetrate that offensvie line and let him have it.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I wasn't sure about Manning coming out of college because I thought he underachieved there with all the hype surrounding him but right now if I had to pick a QB to run an offense I'd take him. Their passing game is as outstanding as it gets.

The Colts would be really scary if they could get their defense up to the offense's standards.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to necessarily come to Manning and Colts defense, but some of you are just PO'd that Carr and Texans can't do what Manning/Colts are doing.

Running up the score? Puh-leeze! If we were doing that to the other teams, you'd say, "Hip Hip Hooray! We've finally got the killer instinct". The simple fact is that the Colts are playing some damn fine football right now, and their defense has finally showed up.

This is the NFL. If you you really want to see teams run up the score, watch football on Saturday afternoon.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #11
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mods can you please move this to other NFL **** as it has nothing to do with My Texans.
Old 11-26-2004   #12
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Mods
Old 11-26-2004   #13
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

ok i guess some of do not see what i'm saying or perhaps yall didnt even read the OPENING thread, i was just wondering why he stayed in the whole game against texans and was out by the third quarter yesterday ? Cause there was no major difference in the score, so why didnt he get out while playing us ? Maybe coach dungy saw all the media bad mouthing them for leaving manning in and decided to TRY to look like the nice guy !
Old 11-26-2004   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers
I think Manning is a prick. There is no need for him to bury teams like he is doing.
Me to man. I'd love it if one of our guys would knock Manning's butt out of our
game with them next month. You don't throw the ball all the way down the field to try score another quick 6 when you're up by 5 touchdowns with only 5 minutes left in the game . Here's what you do if you're a classy QB like a guy named Warren Moon. You're blowing out what is a powerhouse KC defense @ its own field in Arrowhead running the Run-and-shoot. Its late in the 4th quarter and you're within a few yards of breaking the single game record for passing. And you and your coaches take yourself out of the game
when the victory is assured. That's what a classy QB does, what Manning is
doing makes him an A-ho#@
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I simply want to see one thing when the Colts come to Houston. I want Capers defense to blitz like there's no tomorrow. I want to see how many times Peyton Manning can go down in a single game. I want to see linebackers blitz, safeties blitz, and cornerbacks blitz. I'd even enjoy watching a waterboy blitz.

Ignore James and cover the recievers as best you can man to man and see if it's possible to beat Manning into a less than super-human performance. The rest should take care of itself. We might still lose of course and we're going to get burned a few times doing it but why not try? It's not like we did much to stop him last time and everything in Indy starts and stops with Manning. Take him out of the game (not literally "take him out of the game" as in hurt him but make him the complete focus of your attack) and see what happens.
Old 11-26-2004   #16
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Almost everytime Payton & the Dolts have lost, they have been smacked around a bit by phyisical teams ie. the Pats. Punch the recievers and drop Payton on his backside and they come unraveled. Having said that, it's not easy to get to Payton because of the quality O-line and you have to get to him quick.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004   #17
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

It'll be very hard to get to Peyton with our defense. Once the defense sells out for the blitz a few times and gets burned bc they can't execute it...you all will be wondering why the DC is still blitzing...
Old 11-26-2004   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveForTheGame
It'll be very hard to get to Peyton with our defense. Once the defense sells out for the blitz a few times and gets burned bc they can't execute it...you all will be wondering why the DC is still blitzing...
Well, some people might be wondering but I'm not going to. I'm going to be sitting there saying "Keep it up until you get it right! Keep it up until you bury him as deep as he'll go in one of those Reliant stadium grass trays!"

How well can Peyton run the Colts offense with bruises all over his body? We've seen what happens to Carr when things get ugly so make things ugly for Peyton. He's harder to get to than Carr of course but start the game bringing the whole freakin house and see what happens.

So the Colts burn you and get 7, 14, 21, or even 28 points (If they haven't gotten to Peyton by the time the Colts get to 28 points then yeah, the whole excercise has failed) but don't you think the Colts are going to get those TD's anyway? Might as well make them pay for them with a bloody nose and a sore body. I say if you can bust through that line and deck Peyton a few times before they reach 21 points then you've got a chance. A small one indeed but at least a chance. De-rail this thing before it starts rolling over you and pray that our offense can score at least two TD's in the first half and then see what happens.
Old 11-26-2004   #19
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

hmmm i say we just move jamie sharper on the outside of the D-Line, tell him to get a REAL early start ( a offsides penalty) and Drill Manning, it may get him a lil jumpy and than we can do with him as we please.
Old 11-26-2004   #20
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

I'm just wondering...what are the Texans total number of sacks on the year?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read