Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-18-2008   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Herschel Walker Had Multiple Personalities-Quote of Year

I only wanted to post this because it contains a quote of the year

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3202776

Quote:
"That's all news to me," former Georgia coach Vince Dooley told the paper. "All I know is whatever personality he had when he had the football was the one I liked."
Old 01-18-2008   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Herschel Walker Had Multiple Personalities-Quote of Year

That was a great quote (from that story). "Whichever personality had the ball was the one I liked best." - LOL.

I predict this thread will stay serious for about 5 posts. Maybe.

I see lots of "Signed by" jokes in the future.
Old 01-18-2008   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Here come the Sybil posts.
Old 01-18-2008   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

This is why he always referred to himself in the thirdperson because he was actually the third person in a conversation.
Old 01-18-2008   #5
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

So did part of him keep wanting to play in Dallas and the other was excited to go to Minnesota?

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 01-18-2008 at 08:35 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

610 (Rich Lord) made a joke about him taking on all of the personalities of the people involved in that big trade...
Old 01-18-2008   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Roses are red
violets are blue
I've got multiple personality disorder
and so do I
Old 01-19-2008   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel sorry for Herschel. It must be very hard to live life like that.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #9
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) - Heisman Trophy winner Herschel Walker once played Russian roulette with a loaded pistol as he struggled with a personality disorder.
"To challenge death like I was doing, you start saying, there's a problem here," he said during an interview to be broadcast Monday night on ABC's "Nightline."

Walker suffers from dissociative identity disorder, formerly known as multiple personality disorder. His experiences are chronicled in his book, "Breaking Free," which is released this week.

The 46-year-old Walker was a star running back at Georgia and in the pros. He says he had the condition during his playing days but didn't realize it. He doesn't remember winning the Heisman in 1982 or darker events, such as threatening his then-wife.

Walker has been in treatment for eight years but doesn't take medication. He believes he has improved greatly.

"I've totally changed from back then to where I am today," he says.
:elle:

Link

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 04-16-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Dissociative disorder is a terrible thing. In Walker's case it may have helped as no one knew who to tackle.
Old 04-16-2008   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Dissociative disorder is a terrible thing. In Walker's case it may have helped as no one knew who to tackle.
BOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!!

Actually, that was pretty funny...
Old 04-16-2008   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

did he win?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's BS. He's marketing to sell his book. I happen to agree with this article.

Quote:
What Walker possesses is a severe case of what doctors call trying to sell a book.
LOL

Here's why I agree with this guy. Walker was never a media guy, and you never heard a peep from him after retirement... yet, now that he has a book coming out, all this is coming to light. I don't buy it.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read