Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Prices about to go up??

RTP2110

All Pro
I as on the Texans main page, and I went to the tickets tab to check out the seating/pricing chart. You guessed it, they're not on there. My guess is they took the charts down to make new ones with new prices.

stingray

Hall of Fame
If you go to the Texans website and then your ticket acoount manager, you can check your invoice. Tickets did go up.

I as on the Texans main page, and I went to the tickets tab to check out the seating/pricing chart. You guessed it, they're not on there. My guess is they took the charts down to make new ones with new prices.
Prices did go up. If you are a season ticket holder you can sign in online and see what your ticket prices are. My seats went from $66 each to $70ea and the yellow passes went from $100 to $150ea.

nflnutswife

Veteran
Prices did go up. If you are a season ticket holder you can sign in online and see what your ticket prices are. My seats went from $66 each to $70ea and the yellow passes went from $100 to $150ea.
I'm not complaining, My Dallas tickets went up 50% last year with NO advance notice. :zipit:

gary

Hall of Fame
I don't have season tickets but this is crazy go up for what. They just want you're money something needs to be done about this. Don't they have enough money already? Plus why don't they wait till the team gets a little better?

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
I don't have season tickets but this is crazy go up for what. They just want you're money something needs to be done about this. Don't they have enough money already. Plus why don't they wait till the team get a little better?
Because they know people are going to buy the tickets regardless

ubecool454

Veteran
Yeah the prices went up. I wasn't surprised but I did think they would have notified the tickets holders like they did last time. No problem with the tickets going up but the parking passes are a killer..lol. I could be wrong but if the Texans go to the playoffs next season I bet they make those non psl seats psl seats. I can stand the price increases as long as the team is getting better.

FILO_girl

I'm not here
OUCH! Just think if we would have done better than .500...:yikes:

Orange lot parking is now $200
Our seats jumped $50 each

:whip:

Joe Texan

Inducted 04
I am raising my prices too, If you can't them, Join them

Gas goes up, and then everything else goes up.Make me president and we would feel like this is venezuela, $0.1599 per gallon.

Yall just mention that you are Texan fans nextime you need my services and I will see about cutting you a deal.

gary

Hall of Fame
I understand people like the Texans I do. There are lots of people who don't go to the games because of ticket prices. Like I said they have enough money already IMO at least wait till next season to see how the team does. Every year it goes up less and less people are able to go. Have you ever thought about the fact that one year it may go up so much that one of you people may not be able to buy tickets?:texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

I understand people like the Texans I do. There are lots of people who don't go to the games because of ticket prices. Like I said they have enough money already IMO at least wait till next season to see how the team does. Every year it goes up less and less people are able to go. Have you ever thought about the fact that one year it may go up so much that one of you people may not be able to buy tickets?:texflag: :texflag: :texflag:
Before people go off the deep end about the Texans ticket prices. With the increase this year the Texans ticket prices averages went from $60.66 per ticket to $64.94 per ticket and thats not even close to the top. Look at the chart below based on average ticket prices on this past year.

Team Average price
New England Patriots - $90.91
Washington Redskins - $88.59
Dallas Cowboys - $84.42
New York Giants - $80.97
New York Jets - $79.87
Baltimore Ravens - $76.94
Philadelphia Eagles - $76.73
Chicago Bears - $76.28
San Diego Chargers - $74.82
Kansas City Chiefs - $73.92
Denver Broncos - $71.93
Minnesota Vikings - $71.81
Indianapolis Colts - $71.32
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - $69.71
St. Louis Rams - $68.28
Atlanta Falcons - $66.59
Miami Dolphins - $66.11
Cincinnati Bengals - $66.05
Pittsburgh Steelers - $66.00
Green Bay Packers - $63.39
San Francisco 49ers- $62.37
Oakland Raiders - $61.19
Houston Texans - $60.66
Carolina Panthers - $60.19
Seattle Seahawks - $59.07
Detroit Lions - $59.01
Arizona Cardinals - $57.59
New Orleans Saints - $56.42
Tennessee Titans - $54.09
Cleveland Browns - $48.54
Buffalo Bills - $46.46
Jacksonville Jaguars - $45.19
Average $67.83

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5467800.html

texanfan2002114 is correct, we are in the bottom third in the NFL for average ticket price... cool you jets.......in fact I checked out Denver's seat prices for where texanfan2002144 and I sit and the price is the same........it just is a fact of life that prices are gonna go up, its not like they went up 10-12 dollars apiece.........

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I think about it every season. I'm a paycheck-to-paycheck kind of guy, and that money could do things for me in other areas that I have a passion for. Heck, $600 buys some nice music gear, another guitar, a really nice paintball gun, whatever.

Believe me, I work hard for my paycheck and know that money trees don't exist. However, I weigh the benefit that I get in my life against the costs. Not just being a fanatic for a fledgling football team, but it's also a big social event that brings my closest friends together for a day, along with many great friends that I've made because we tailgate and attend games.

Fortunately, we do have a franchise that gives the little guy a chance to go to games and even buy season tickets. My section does not require a PSL purchase, for one, and the face value of the 500's endzone were $45 this season. The face value of 600 seats are less than $40/game, which is far less than most concerts or even dinners on the town these days. It is just a matter of prioritizing your disposable income, and being a Texans fanatic is important enough to me and others that we do what we have to do to afford the tickets. It is not with a nonchalant attitude, though, because it is a forward thinking choice to make for many of us to do without in other entertainment areas of our lives.

sakebomb

Veteran
My wife and I will be back. We love the team. We love tailgating and going to the games. We love to hang out with our friends. An extra $90 isn't going to scare us away.

aj.

All Pro
My bill is $260 more than last year.

Two tickets, two parking passes.

I don't have too much of an issue with game ticket cost. That's what it's all about. The parking cost is what I have issue with.

TxDavid

Veteran
My bill is $260 more than last year.

Two tickets, two parking passes.

I don't have too much of an issue with game ticket cost. That's what it's all about. The parking cost is what I have issue with.
Couldn't agree more. I have no issue with the ticket increase - It's the parking I find hard to swallow. Where's the extra $50 worth of benefit? At least give us more time in the lots.

PS...My increase was the same - $260 for 2 tickets & 2 passes.

BullPenPhotos

PS...My increase was the same - $260 for 2 tickets & 2 passes.
Be happy yours is that small...Mine is going up over $2000...

But that is because I got 3 more PSLs in the BullPen...

I am just glad I am getting fans to buy the extra tickets from me...Thank you Texan_Bill...

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
Be happy yours is that small...Mine is going up over $2000...

But that is because I got 3 more PSLs in the BullPen...

I am just glad I am getting fans to buy the extra tickets from me...Thank you Texan_Bill...
Errr, guess that means I'll cross bill off my 2008 sale list :)

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
Couldn't agree more. I have no issue with the ticket increase - It's the parking I find hard to swallow. Where's the extra $50 worth of benefit? At least give us more time in the lots.
Hell, if they're going to raise parking prices they better be able to fix the way they direct people into the lot. My dad and I don't tailgate so we get to the games roughly an hour before kickoff when the lot already has quite a number of cars and the employees telling people where to turn to park is always disorganized. I don't understand why they tell people to turn into a lane that already has tons of tents setup instead of just removing cones from a lane that is currently blocked off to allow people to park easier. It's frustrating as hell at times. I don't know if it's this way in other lots, but the Orange Lot usually sucks to park in.

ubecool454

Veteran
I think about it every season. I'm a paycheck-to-paycheck kind of guy, and that money could do things for me in other areas that I have a passion for. Heck, $600 buys some nice music gear, another guitar, a really nice paintball gun, whatever.

Believe me, I work hard for my paycheck and know that money trees don't exist. However, I weigh the benefit that I get in my life against the costs. Not just being a fanatic for a fledgling football team, but it's also a big social event that brings my closest friends together for a day, along with many great friends that I've made because we tailgate and attend games.

Fortunately, we do have a franchise that gives the little guy a chance to go to games and even buy season tickets. My section does not require a PSL purchase, for one, and the face value of the 500's endzone were $45 this season. The face value of 600 seats are less than $40/game, which is far less than most concerts or even dinners on the town these days. It is just a matter of prioritizing your disposable income, and being a Texans fanatic is important enough to me and others that we do what we have to do to afford the tickets. It is not with a nonchalant attitude, though, because it is a forward thinking choice to make for many of us to do without in other entertainment areas of our lives.
DB, put a little something extra aside because i have a funny feeling in the next 2 years all the seats in reliant stadium will require a psl.

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I am seriously considering trying to move back to the Yellow Lot. I don't have anywhere near the hassle with parking attendants, and if I have to park next to the 610 access road in the Blue Lot, then I can do better in the yellow and save $100.

aj.

All Pro
I am seriously considering trying to move back to the Yellow Lot. I don't have anywhere near the hassle with parking attendants, and if I have to park next to the 610 access road in the Blue Lot, then I can do better in the yellow and save $100.
The only downer over there (and if you used to park there you probably already know this) is that the Yellow Lot is very very slow to clear out after games if you're not the type that hangs around for Tailgate II. Way worse then Blue from my experience. That said, I imagine the demand for Yellow will go up this season for the simple reason of cost.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The only downer over there (and if you used to park there you probably already know this) is that the Yellow Lot is very very slow to clear out after games if you're not the type that hangs around for Tailgate II. Way worse then Blue from my experience. That said, I imagine the demand for Yellow will go up this season for the simple reason of cost.
yep. If you try to get out of yellow lot right after the game, be prepared to sit in your car for awhile. They are trying to cram a five pound bologna into a two pound sack by only having one exit onto Main Street.

Definitely plan on hanging out after the game of if you go with Yellow passes if you want to avoid traffic.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
We may be more towards the bottom of that list, but what I would like to see is, a list of % of ticket price increases per team over the last 6 / 7 years.

My tickets and parking have escalated ~~ 26%+ since 2002. Now, is that middle of the road, or is that high..?

aj.

All Pro
They are trying to cram a five pound bologna into a two pound sack by only having one exit onto Main Street.
And it's not just that. Once you finally get on Main then you have to fight your way through the bottleneck they create at Westridge (for the people trying to get to 610 from Main) and then the eastbound feeder traffic at either Buffalo Speedway or Main. And then if you're headed eastbound on 610, you have to deal with the Kirby light. I only had to do that once to realize Blue and Plat are much better for me. I'm sure OST isn't any better. One time, I left Blue through Orange over by the old Astro Arena. That wasn't bad....they shot you across Fannin on one of those 'roll up the windows' streets that people use to dump old mattresses and it took you to Almeda Rd/288 area pretty quick...

I always leave right after the game because I like to watch the second half of the late games live. A lot of times I'm home and it's still in the second quarter of the late games (I'm 25 min. from Reliant with no traffic). 3-4 hrs of tailgating plus a 3 hr game is enough for me. Plus, leaving early I get to avoid the excessively drunk people leaving the lots and getting on the freeway after Tailgate II. It's bad enough after Tailgate I and the game.

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I parked in the yellow lot the first year and since I didn't tailgate, getting out was a hassle. They usually didn't open the side gate until about 45 minutes after the game. This season I traded off about six tickets to games that I knew that I would tailgate, so I didn't have any problems getting out of the lot by the time I was ready to leave. The blue lot pass came in handy at the Denver game, but that was about it for this season.