Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-17-2008   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123665 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: sad but true on 2008 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
There is a HUGE relevant difference between them; link:

Re-Sign
1. to sign again.
2. to renew or extend a contract

Resign
1. to give up an office or position, often formally (often fol. by from): to resign from the presidency.
2. to submit; yield: to resign before the inevitable.
3. to give up (an office, position, etc.), often formally.
4. to relinquish (a right, claim, agreement, etc.).
5. to give or sign over, as to the control or care of another: She resigned her child to an adoption agency.
6. to submit (oneself, one's mind, etc.) without resistance.
Big Papa, do you really think any reader of my post thought I meant we would force a probowl alternate into resigning? What about you? Did I confuse you? I think most said "Whoops, he made a typo" and moved on. But whatever turns your motor on.
Old 01-17-2008   #22
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Big Papa, do you really think any reader of my post thought I meant we would force a probowl alternate into resigning? What about you? Did I confuse you? I think most said "Whoops, he made a typo" and moved on. But whatever turns your motor on.
Sure doesn't seem like Speedy was calling you out in a negative way but rather helping your cause. No need to get all wound up about it. You think Hagar is going to get upset that TC pointed out the difference in our GM and DC? Being a message board one can only read what was written, there is very little to no leeway in interpreting what was intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123665 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Sure doesn't seem like Speedy was calling you out in a negative way but rather helping your cause. No need to get all wound up about it. You think Hagar is going to get upset that TC pointed out the difference in our GM and DC? Being a message board one can only read what was written, there is very little to no leeway in interpreting what was intended.
I guess it struck me wrong that you thought you had to define the two words with a link and everything. I don't mean to be touchy but a - in that word seemed to be over correcting and an un-neccessary jab. I'm moving on.
Old 01-17-2008   #24
opiedopie
Has Been

all i know is things are getting better, and this team is young!
opiedopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008   #25
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We were not too many plays away from being 4-12 also.
We were closer to making the playoffs than going 4-12. The only game I can think of that was a real close win was the Miami game.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008   #26
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

And as the Couch Coaches endlessly toil in the prospects available in the draft and on the FA market, not realizing that all is just opinion and will never reach the Head Office. They blindly move past the fact that whatever solution they come up with is forever stuck here on these pages, The Texantalk Pages
Old 01-17-2008   #27
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess it struck me wrong that you thought you had to define the two words with a link and everything. I don't mean to be touchy but a - in that word seemed to be over correcting and an un-neccessary jab. I'm moving on.
Of course, it's unnecessary. <hides under chair smiling>

Hey, I'm just joking. Today, I need to joke.

Best,
Rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-17-2008   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
Of course, it's unnecessary. <hides under chair smiling>

Hey, I'm just joking. Today, I need to joke.

Best,
Rick
At least you caught it. On to football stuff!
Old 01-17-2008   #29
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 277266 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see us win three games in a row for the first time in our history.

I do expect a winning season in 2008. Playoffs are something to hope for, but let's walk before we run. Expecting a playoff berth from a team that has never posted a winning record seems to be putting the cart before the horse, IMO.
Old 01-17-2008   #30
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Isn't there supposed to be a "the" between free safety in (the) off season? I mean it is extremely relevant to the conversation and no one can be expected to understand your thoughts unless you put every "-" in.
You are correct. See your first post.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008   #31
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 27616 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

On the issue of next year, I'm hoping for a .500 divisional record. The Titans are a team we can possibly beat twice, and a win or two in the other 4 games is possible. Don't like the look of our away fixtures, but a good showing at home again should be able to manage we get at least a 8-8 record on the year, which I wouldn't be disappointed with. I'd be happy to move up from 4th in the division though. Get the O-line sorted out, a CB for the loss of Dunta and I think we got a real chance of going places.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008   #32
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

The Titans are a question mark for next season. They have a lot of key free agents they have to re-sign or replace, but they also have a lot of cap room. They may franchise Fat Albert, which could make him disgruntled, or he may get lazy after getting a fat contract. VY will probably be more effective in an offense designed to better suit his talents, but I'm betting their defense won't be as good.

On paper, our schedule looks tougher than this year. Oakland, Miami, and Cleveland are back.

07: San Diego, Tampa, Denver, NO, KC, Carolina, Atlanta
08: GB, Pittsburgh, Minny, Cincy, Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit

So we may not have as good an out-of-division record; we may actually have to go better than .500 within.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008   #33
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex King View Post
The Titans are a question mark for next season. They have a lot of key free agents they have to re-sign or replace, but they also have a lot of cap room. They may franchise Fat Albert, which could make him disgruntled, or he may get lazy after getting a fat contract. VY will probably be more effective in an offense designed to better suit his talents, but I'm betting their defense won't be as good.

On paper, our schedule looks tougher than this year. Oakland, Miami, and Cleveland are back.

07: San Diego, Tampa, Denver, NO, KC, Carolina, Atlanta
08: GB, Pittsburgh, Minny, Cincy, Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit

So we may not have as good an out-of-division record; we may actually have to go better than .500 within.
Ouch. didn't realize we were getting the NFC North this year. Really A schizophrenic division though. Whether Brett Returns for another year Will be pressing. Minny Will be a team you'll want to force Tavaris Jackson to beat you atm. Will Detriot still be able to put up oints with Martz gone? What does Chicago do at QB? Defense should be healthy this year though...but will Briggs be gone?

AFC North won't be fun either. You're right though we'll definately have to improve within our division if we want a realistic shot at the playoffs.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read