Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-14-2008   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default From Monday Morning QB

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...isional/5.html
2. I think I've never seen a son follow in the footsteps of his coaching father quite like Kyle Shanahan with his dad, Mike. An offensive coordinator with the Texans at 28. Amazing. "His knowledge is far beyond his years,'' said Texans coach Gary Kubiak.

Obviously. But the hiring of Alex Gibbs, who has been such an excellent tactician in the running game, as assistant head coach, is just as important. It's likely Kubiak will still call the plays on offense, and Gibbs, who has coached offensive line play in the league for 23 years, will orchestrate the running game. It's a brilliant way to work Shanahan into a lead role in the offense over time, with two tutors he knows from his years being around his father, the Denver coach. That's where Kubiak and Gibbs cut their NFL teeth.

Smart move by Kubiak. Plus, the quarterbacks trust Shanahan and know he doesn't have his job just because he's Mike's son.
Didn't see it posted.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: From Monday Morning QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...isional/5.html
2. I think I've never seen a son follow in the footsteps of his coaching father quite like Kyle Shanahan with his dad, Mike. An offensive coordinator with the Texans at 28. Amazing. "His knowledge is far beyond his years,'' said Texans coach Gary Kubiak.

Obviously. But the hiring of Alex Gibbs, who has been such an excellent tactician in the running game, as assistant head coach, is just as important. It's likely Kubiak will still call the plays on offense, and Gibbs, who has coached offensive line play in the league for 23 years, will orchestrate the running game. It's a brilliant way to work Shanahan into a lead role in the offense over time, with two tutors he knows from his years being around his father, the Denver coach. That's where Kubiak and Gibbs cut their NFL teeth.

Smart move by Kubiak. Plus, the quarterbacks trust Shanahan and know he doesn't have his job just because he's Mike's son.
Didn't see it posted.
Thanks for posting. A little national exposure, I like it.

Old 01-14-2008   #3
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

That was a nice little piece. Some good pub and good point about allowing Mini Shanny to grow under the tutelage of two experienced offensive guys. I like the consistency of system now on offense, as we know we had a Frankenstein Kubes/Sherman system in place that just didn't quite feel right.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008   #4
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Its good to see Peter King give some support to the Texans he never says much about them on Inside the NFL or in his column to often.
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008   #5
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Its good to see Peter King give some support to the Texans he never says much about them on Inside the NFL or in his column to often.
Pretty sure in one of his recent columns he plugged us as an AFC wildcard team next year, dependent on how good Schaub is, so he has been giving us some love.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
c. I wouldn't put Sunday's game on my free-agent highlight DVD if I were you, Michael Turner.
did i miss something??
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008   #7
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
did i miss something??
I realize you mean, did you miss something, b/c he played pretty well (as far as stats show), but get this.....I sat there on Sunday, watching some God aweful movie on Starz waiting for the games to come on at 3:30pm...that's right...games plural!! I thought the games were 3:30pm and 7:00pm just like Sat. Do you know how Hacked I was that I missed the Colts getting beat, AND getting to see Turner in action!!

Last edited by Dallas_Texan; 01-15-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2008   #8
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Texan View Post
I realize you mean, did you miss something, b/c he played pretty well (as far as stats show), but get this.....I sat there on Sunday, watching some God aweful movie on Starz waiting for the games to come on at 3:30pm...that's right...games plural!! I thought the games were 3:30pm and 7:00pm just like Sat. Do you know how Hacked I was that I missed the Colts getting beat, AND getting to see Turner in action!!
i fecked up too on saturday.. i was watching some crappy film and didnt realise the GB game had started- when i flicked on it was 14-0 seattle so i still saw the best of it

i watched the game and he ran well as well as his stats (plus indy werent exactly worried about billy volek).. but i was on the comp at the same time so might have missed something and i just wondered what hes talking about
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
He has something good to say about us every two or three weeks.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read