Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-14-2008   #1
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 41913 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who Out There Are Regulars At The Games???

I was just wondering which of you guys and gals were regulars at the games.

The family and I are moving back to the Houston area this year (after my contract is up) and I was just wondering who I may run into if I was able to get to a couple of games.

You guys sound like y'all are a BLAST to be around at the games!

I've only been to one Texans game and it was great. But I'd like to get to know some of you guys and gals.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Who Out There Are Regulars At The Games???

I think I've only missed 3 Texans games since they were established...so I'd classify myself as a regular.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Never missed a game and have two roadies under my belt.. (Natti and New Orleans for a pre-season game).... 62 games in attendance and counting.
Old 01-14-2008   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I missed one game because of that giving birth sort of thing. I missed a game because I was helping celebrating some friends' anniversary in a free place in Maui.

Lots of MB peeps go to games regularly.
Old 01-14-2008   #5
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

ive never missed one, but i dont like going becaus eim not 21 untill march and i loooooooooooove tailgaiting, starting next year ill at least be in the parking lot every sunday......... though im waiting acouple months to find my "group" to tailgate with.....

anyone.... feel free to invite me!!!

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
ive never missed one, but i dont like going becaus eim not 21 untill march and i loooooooooooove tailgaiting, starting next year ill at least be in the parking lot every sunday......... though im waiting acouple months to find my "group" to tailgate with.....

anyone.... feel free to invite me!!!
Is your spacebar broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i try and catch one or 2 a year. I generally just wandered around the parking lot til i found people. People tend to recognize me more then vice versa

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-14-2008   #8
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Is your spacebar broken?
i believe those words are nicely spaced, thank you very much........

so many haters here.... or are you just of the older persuasion?

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #9
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
i believe those words are nicely spaced, thank you very much........

so many haters here.... or are you just of the older persuasion?
Brakos is definately of the "older persuasion" to put it mildly. He is a very serious poster and does not believe that people should play around or goof off on the board. All of his posts are well thought out and detailed, and I have never seen him use humor in any form. So please excuse his crotchitiness. He can't help himself.
Old 01-14-2008   #10
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I missed the very first game, a couple because I was out of town over Thanksgiving, and I missed one this season because I had a big test the Monday after and it's a 3 hour drive between San Marcos and Spring. I've done a lot of late Sunday night drives and once I left at 5 am since I couldn't figure out an assignment and wanted to get on campus as soon as I could to figure it out (ended up BSing it anyway and did decent).

However I've yet to meet anyone at the game. We have a nice setup in the grassy corner of the blue lot near the Astrohall (I think thats right) with a pit-trailer and such. We go pretty heavy on the tailgating but don't have too many internet/computer types in the group so I guess I'm the TT ambassador..

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I've only missed one game, the first year against the Giants (one of our only two home wins that year). Our season ticket group made a deal before the first season to swap out one ticket to make the wives happy. Last time I ever waste a ticket doing something stupid like that. Wives can get their own dern tickets!
Old 01-14-2008   #12
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I had to miss the JAX game this year and a few other games in the past but other than that I am there every game. I have never meet any one on the boards though, other than Texan Joe at a kid rock concert and im not sure if he remebers.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #13
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

60 for 60 for me.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #14
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
This may seem like a silly question but...

Are people kinda funny about admitting who they are in relation to their MB user? Or is it more of a deal where everybody knows everybody?

I mean...I know that a LOT of you guys know each other.

I mean do you just wander around and look for groups of people or are they more inclusive to their parking lot areas?

I have NO IDEA what to expect.
If you are coming to a game, say so, and peeps will invite you to their tailgates. I don't think anyone is particularly funny about saying who they are in relationship with their MB name. Intros are kind of funny sometimes---"er hi, I'm ______ otherwise known as __________, you know, from the message board."
Old 01-14-2008   #15
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been in my seat for every home game that I was in the Continental U.S. for (except the 2005 Steelers game...melt-o-rama). Missed almost all of 2003 Season overseas for KBR.

Only one road game so far @ Canton for HoF game.

Many of us know each other on sight (and by mobo "handle"), but there's always a few new faces at the tailgate each year to help continue the never-ending..."Oh, I know who you are NOW!" scenarios.

It'a always great to add a new one to the list!
Old 01-14-2008   #16
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Brakos is definately of the "older persuasion" to put it mildly. He is a very serious poster and does not believe that people should play around or goof off on the board. All of his posts are well thought out and detailed, and I have never seen him use humor in any form. So please excuse his crotchitiness. He can't help himself.
I'm guessing you've never seen him drunk on here. When the lil fella gets drunk I can understand joe better.
Old 01-14-2008   #17
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Been to every home game and been to one roadie (ny giants) and going to the GB next year with a couple of my closest friends!!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #18
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been to every professional football game in Reliant stadium. A couple of College games a circus, and who could miss the Rodeo. Also been to every Cowboy-Texan game ever played or practiced, Every Raider-Texan Game ever played or practiced, Every Tennesse Titan-Texan game except the one in Tennessee of the 2 and 14 season. Been to the Hall of fame last four years and plan on going the next twenty.

I am not Regular

I am Joe Texan

Come on out to the Blue Crew we would love to have you.
Old 01-14-2008   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Haven't missed a home game yet, pre or reg season. Been to several away games, including the HOF game, and definitely plan to vist GB next year. Only place I refuse to EVER go back too is Dallas, until they move into their new stadium. Texas stadium is NASTY, and the fans get worst every year.

As for meeting members of TT you can find them in any parking lot tailgating their hearts out. Blue, yellow, orange and platinum seem to rank amongst the best as far as meeting fans who post here. Just post a thread when you plan to attend a game, and you will find out just how welcome you and your family will be at any of our tailgates. Personally, I look forward to meeting you someday.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #20
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 352 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I missed one Texans home game while in Lincoln, Nebraska for Texas @ NU. I missed one other game while in San Diego for the Holiday Bowl with Texas vs. somebody. I've also been to Texans @Miami, @Chicago, @Dallas, @Buffalo, @San Francisco. I guess that makes me a regular.

I would estimate 99% or more of the people at Reliant Park on Sunday morning don't even know this message board exists. It's not hard to meet people though. Just show up and hang out. Park in the same place every time and before you know it, you'll be a familiar face to the other tailgating regulars.

bpe3
bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read