Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-13-2008   #1
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Draft to be broadcast by NFL Network this year???

Say it ain't so.

I saw a promo during one of the games indicating that the draft will be aired by the NFL Network. Does that mean no ESPN coverage? What about those of us that don't have NFL Network? Can someone in the know enlighten me on this? Is it true?

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #2
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Draft to be broadcast by NFL Network this year???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Say it ain't so.

I saw a promo during one of the games indicating that the draft will be aired by the NFL Network. Does that mean no ESPN coverage? What about those of us that don't have NFL Network? Can someone in the know enlighten me on this? Is it true?
i dont get NFL network.... but i cant say i share the same dissapointment, i hate ESPN....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #3
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

They will have coverage on both networks, just like they did last year.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #4
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
i dont get NFL network.... but i cant say i share the same dissapointment, i hate ESPN....
ESPN's the only game in town for continuous sports news updates. The only problem I have with them is their, more often than not, bias towards certain teams & their apparent disdain for Houston sports. Other than that, I use them all the time.

Watching the 2 day draft has become a kind of tradition for me & something I look forward to every year. I'll be very disappointed if the NFL punishes the fans in their quest to force cable companies to subscribe to their service.

The Texans Bull Rush
Old 01-13-2008   #5
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ESPN's the only game in town for continuous sports news updates. The only problem I have with them is their, more often than not, bias towards certain teams & their apparent disdain for Houston sports. Other than that, I use them all the time.

Watching the 2 day draft has become a kind of tradition for me & something I look forward to every year. I'll be very disappointed if the NFL punishes the fans in their quest to force cable companies to subscribe to their service.
word

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #6
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

The draft has had a simultaneous broadcast on NFLN and ESPN for at least the last two years. This is nothing new.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

will be in a deep depression when i realize that the first day ends after two rounds. STUPID decision.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2008   #8
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
will be in a deep depression when i realize that the first day ends after two rounds. STUPID decision.
Im not a big fan of this decision either. Especially this year when the Texans dont have a second round pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
yeah, it also diminishes the 'luster' of the 3rd Round and changes the whole 'first day pick' vernacular. I do like that they are giving the teams like half the time they did between picks. That should make for a swifter draft but its gonna end so fast now 1st day.
Old 01-13-2008   #10
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Its just to make the second day more important so more people will watch it.

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Old 01-13-2008   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Its just to make the second day more important so more people will watch it.
But the shortening of the rounds is going to make it terribly lopsided time wise.

1 1st day pick sucks butt too
Old 01-13-2008   #12
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
The draft has had a simultaneous broadcast on NFLN and ESPN for at least the last two years. This is nothing new.
Cool. I guess I'm just paranoid about the NFLN taking over & blacking out games, the Draft, the Pro Bowl, & some day, the Super Bowl just so they can squeeze some more money out of the little guys.

The Texans Bull Rush
Old 01-13-2008   #13
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Im not a big fan of this decision either. Especially this year when the Texans dont have a second round pick.
The real problem is, you'll be afraid to turn it off for fear of missing the Texans making a deal for a 2nd round pick.

The Texans Bull Rush
Old 01-13-2008   #14
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

I wont miss any of the draft I promise. Except for a couple restroom breaks and some refills.

Quote:
Old 01-13-2008   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I always listen to the draft on the radio and just play video games while it's going on. There's no way I can just sit in front of the TV waiting 10 minutes to see who a team I don't even root for picks.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
and changes the whole 'first day pick' vernacular.
some agents work their clients' contracts so they have verbiage in them regarding the player being a "first round pick" and thus deserving more money. this will be interesting to witness, we might see a surprising amount of "hold-outs" who were drafted in the third round.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008   #17
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You will like the NFLn coverage better. ESPN has become a joke, they are so busy kissing certain players that they have lost their creditability with me.

Watch the Senior Bowl next week and you should be happy.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read