Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-12-2008   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who is your least favorite NFL analyst or television personality?

A LOT of mine are on ESPiN. I really, really, really, can't stand Trey Wingo aka the Birdman. That's what I call him, that's what he looks like, he is so critical of every athelete that is not on a popular team and such a smart ass, he gets on my last freakin nerve. Must be nice to set around and point out other people's flaws, birdman.
Old 01-12-2008   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who is your least favorite NFL analyst or television personality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
A LOT of mine are on ESPiN. I really, really, really, can't stand Trey Wingo aka the Birdman. That's what I call him, that's what he looks like, he is so critical of every athelete that is not on a popular team and such a smart ass, he gets on my last freakin nerve. Must be nice to set around and point out other people's flaws, birdman.
I like that assessment. I don't like to see him doing a split screen interview. The guy looks into the camera as if he can barely hear the answer to the question when what he's really doing in his own mind is waiting for the guy to screw up on that 'hard-hitting' question he just asked. That look of his is hilarious.

Tony Kornheiser gets my vote. I dislike him so much I don't even know if he's a legitimate answer to this question.
Old 01-12-2008   #3
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 25997 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Brian Gumbel puts me to sleep.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I never really liked Tony Siragusa much. Don't know if he counts though since he's just a sideline reporter.

And just about everyone on the CBS and FOX pregame shows

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #5
sixfour
Site Contributor

Section: 136/350/353
Rep Power: 40 sixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respected

John Madden. His time has long passed.
Old 01-13-2008   #6
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Collingsworth. I hate that guy. Annoys the *&@# out of me. I couldn't stand him when he played either. Just an annoying, know-it-all pee are eye see kay!!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Chris Collingsworth. I hate that guy. Annoys the *&@# out of me. I couldn't stand him when he played either. Just an annoying, know-it-all pee are eye see kay!!
Yeah, I'd have to agree with that. He always comes off as an obnoxious, egotistical jerk.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2008   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Kornheiser. everyone else is okay.

favorites are Michaels and Madden. Madden knows more about what's going on during any given play better than anyone. a genius in his role.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #9
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I never really cared for Brent Musburger. Dude always seems to be sniffing the jocks of the Longhorns.
Old 01-13-2008   #10
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90373 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Michael Smith:
He was great on ATH, but reading from a script, he has the charisma of a stump
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #11
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74497 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
At least he has the guts to criticize someone. I do agree that he's full of himself. But it beats Phil Simms, who I believe has slept now with the half of the NFL, if I were to consider his words in every broadcast. He gushes so much it's stupid.

Speaking of gushing, Jim Nantz is the alltime worst for me. His love affair with Tiger Woods is so nauseating that I can barely watch the Masters anymore. He's also the same way now with Tom Brady.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #12
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Stephen A. Smith, hands down. I instantly hit the mute button or the channel change button whenever he speaks. Thankfully, he does not seem to come on very much anymore.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #13
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
there he is, thats mine, hes so dumb, says such stupid things...... i wonder if hes from dallas???

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #14
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont like stuart scotts eye...
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Dislike/don't care for:

1. PAUL MAGUIRE -- The "best" of the Houston Haters. There was not an Oilers game he called that I didn't have to take deep breaths into a paper sack just to stay alive by the end of the game. No surprise that he hated the Oilers, especially since he played for the Bills for about 6 years. Do we really expect unbiased analysis/commentary during the Oilers/Bills feud of the 90s?

2. Collinsworth -- Acts like he knows everything. The word "twirp" comes to mind.

3. Gumbel -- For going along with Collinsworth's act (enabling him), and for talking in a hushed, calm "newscaster voice" during a game.

4. Tasker -- A true Houston Hater who only praises when it's overly obvious

5. Shannon Sharpe -- Can't understand him, but he seems to get a lot of laughs from the rest of the CBS crew.

6. Deion Sanders -- Sarcastic and cocky, as usual.
Old 01-13-2008   #16
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

Tony Kornheiser & Gumbel.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Collingsworth is so arrogant and full of himself and yet.............I have more rushing yards in the NFL than he does!

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 249951 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Collingsworth is so arrogant and full of himself and yet.............I have more rushing yards in the NFL than he does!
But doesn't he have the longest TD throw in Florida history.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #19
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74497 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Dislike/don't care for:

1. PAUL MAGUIRE -- The "best" of the Houston Haters. There was not an Oilers game he called that I didn't have to take deep breaths into a paper sack just to stay alive by the end of the game. No surprise that he hated the Oilers, especially since he played for the Bills for about 6 years. Do we really expect unbiased analysis/commentary during the Oilers/Bills feud of the 90s?

What I always found utterly hilarious about Maguire was his ability to argue and overrule himself while he commentated. It became a parody because you knew he'd do it every game. Man did he suck.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

apparently everyone watches every game on mute.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read