Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-25-2004   #1
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Walker done for the year

Ramon Walker was placed on IR and is done for the year per the Chronicle this morning. Decisions on Joppru and Symons are due next Tuesday.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Decisions on Joppru and Symons are due next Tuesday.
In that Chron article, the reporter says Joppru's activation is "unlikely". Hate
to hear that: our offense desperately needs an all-purpose TE, but looks like
we'll have to wait until atleast next year for someone to fill that void.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Bad luck on Joppru. I am no medical expert, and maybe someone can explain Joppru's injury,but my gut feeling is he won't be on the field. It has been 2 years and the injury won't go away.. I hope I am wrong,but just bad luck on his part.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004   #4
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 14 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

I think the deal with Joppru is that he hasn't had enough practice time to be ready to play right now, even though he is physically ready. If Joppru is activated that means that someone else would have to be cut, so there is no reason to activate him unless he is ready to contribute right now. He missed out on preseason and thus hasn't had enough time in practice to get the timing down.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Bad luck on Joppru. I am no medical expert, and maybe someone can explain Joppru's injury,but my gut feeling is he won't be on the field. It has been 2 years and the injury won't go away.. I hope I am wrong,but just bad luck on his part.
From what I understand the muscle completely tore from the bone. Rehabs on this injury are along the lines of ACL injuries when it comes to time out or career ending scenarios.
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOrange
I think the deal with Joppru is that he hasn't had enough practice time to be ready to play right now, even though he is physically ready. If Joppru is activated that means that someone else would have to be cut, so there is no reason to activate him unless he is ready to contribute right now. He missed out on preseason and thus hasn't had enough time in practice to get the timing down.
Agreed. But in the event we lose Sunday (and that's very possible), the season is down the toilet so far as any playoff chances go. In that scenario I think they should make room for Bennie and
play him if just in a limited capacity. We have a major investment in him and assuming they haven't already written him off, I say give the guy an opportunity to show us something. Win, lose, or draw Sunday, I'm still expecting Bennie to be gone next week.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004   #7
Voodaddy
Rookie

Hmmmm...Bosetti, Joppru...throw me some money!!!!! I have a bad knee.
Voodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-25-2004   #8
AndreJ
All Pro

Default Cutting some1

If they want to bring in Joppru they could cut eric brown, he is a horrible safety by far, i hope glenn earl can pick up the slack in that department, i like what i have seen from him in the few games he has played.
AndreJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read